New TVS Victor (2016): 15,000 Kms Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #61
When I am this unhappy with TVS, do I recommend any other brand?

Yes - in case I run short of vehicles for my household, I would turn back to Honda. Not only for the super refined Honda Engines, but also for my all time favorite Diwakar, the service advisor at SVM HONDA, Avadi - Chennai, and Kalaiselvan another service advisor in SVM HONDA, with whom I can entrust my vehicle for any number of days for repaid. They both take care of my Activa (wife's vehicle) like their own vehicle. Paying INR 1600/- + for a single service for my Activa to SVM HONDA, entrusting Diwakar or Kalaiselvan means worth every single penny spent. Period.

Thread Starter #62
Worst service centre experiences:

VIJAI TVS AVADI

> The worst sales and service centres I have ever seen with any two wheeler brands.
> My blue colour BS III Victor in September 2016 was registered with Poonamallee RTO as Red (Flame Red). VIJAI TVS of AVADI appoints colour blinded ladies staff who take care of invoicing, as the colour mentioned in the invoice goes to the RTO.
> Till you book the bike and pay the full amount, you are king at VIJAI TVS, post when the customer being so-treated as GOD till payment, starts being treated like its palindrome (DOG).
> Post booking, I got an overwhelming response from the Managing Director of VIJAI TVS who reacted to me as if I am asking his income account, when I actually had enquired about the manufacture month details of the bike that had been allotted to me.
> I strongly suspect the THAK THAK fork sound was actually created by the mechanic there, since I never faced this problem before my June 2018 service with VIJAI TVS. I remember the mechanic Prem mentioning that the fork is tight, when I never felt so. This happened when taking in my bike for the said service. After taking delivery, the fork was pathetically loose. When he tightened it on my complaint, the handle / steering freeness was gone and I started getting shoulder pain.
> Overall the worst customer service by VIJAI TVS - Avadi. Kudos to your courtsey VIJAI. Would recommend you to buy a branded strong new LOCK to pull down your shutters soon. You can't keep fooling your customers all your life.

HMT TVS - Arumbakkam (only one service done - extremely [evil] and hence never turned back - 24000 kms)
> I was recommended by one of my best friends and neighbour to take the bike to one Mr. Hari, a mechanic in HMT Arumbakkam for the fork work.
> Hari gave me toooooo much confidence, recommended replacing the steering stone kit, fork oil, blah, blah. Estimate was 2400+ in 2018 December service with the fork work, air filter and spark plug replace, silencer painting, etc.
> Strategy of HMT TVS came out - which is billing, billing, big billing, huge billing, replacing unnecessary parts, targeting a 4 digit bill. Wonderful strategy.
> From the assured estimated jobs, nothing was done, except the fork work, oil change, wash and general checkup. But still the bill was ballooned by changing unwanted parts like
*(RH front indicator), however this was approved by me to the call from sales girl (talented enough),
* the entire LH switch yoke with cluch lever was changed for a cost of 350 + 50 labour without my authorisation ( I was taken for granted, or rather a toss), when my actual request was only to check the clutch light switch due to the problem where the vehicle would start with just half clutch in gear from a signal withoug my knowledge. I had actually asked them to touch the part only if it is within INR 50 budget, but without my authorisation, they made the bill fatter by another 400.
* Rear brake shoe replaced without my approval (I was little ok, and convinced myself saying I had ridden on the stock brake shoe for 24000 kms)
> Finally came to know that HMT's strategy is fatter and the fattest bill from customer. Though none of the jobs like air filter /spark plug replace, silencer painting, etc were completed, still my bill was way beyond their estimation - 2400/-+ .
> HMT didn't even get me the AMC, which they promised they would. Fake promising and misleading A.S.S.

SRI LAKSHMI TVS - Padi
> Lack of skill and knowledge.
> My very first visit was attended by one mechanic Hari (different Hari from the one in HMT), and he diagnosed the front fork problem to be not forks but brake pads and recommended brake pad replacement. I said I'd bring the bike to service in March 2019 and get them done.
> When handing over the bike for service in March 2019, another mechanic Mani took care, did some tweaking with fork, and replaced brake pads, with a surprise that why the customer wants to replace front disc brake pads when 30% life is still left. See the kind of knowledge co-ordination these people have. One mechanic says brake pads are the problems, and another from the same A.S.S. says they are not.
> First two services with SRI LAKSHMI were around acceptable satisfaction levels.
> Next two services were pathetic, where in one, my indicator buzzer was screwed by the mechanics. When I took the bike back, they replaced with a puny buzzer that hardly gave any sound, like a drenched cat mewing with hardly any noise from buzzer. (95 rupees straight loss there). In the subsequent service, my brake light bulb and front left pilot lamp bulb were screwed upon delivery.
> Unfortunately I didn't notice as it was busy evening and had to rush home.
> After the last AMC service in December 2019, my rear brakes produce MTC bus type metallic noise that irritates me and the people around.
> I basically do not need a horn, my brakes would rather do the duty of the horn and anyone around will get frightened and move..[frustration]

Finally, disappointed, aggregated, ripped off, harassed, cheated by 3 different A.S.S., and with another 1 year 9 month of extended warranty on the bike till 2021 September, and around 22000 kms left, I was confused whether to go with my colleague's trust worthy mechanic (FNG) by voiding the said period of extended warranty even after having paid INR 350.00 for it, or to get back to another TVS A.S.S. just to be ripped off again the remaining services.[pig].

Worst service centre experiences:

VIJAI TVS AVADI

> The worst sales and service centres I have ever seen with any two wheeler brands.
> My blue colour BS III Victor in September 2016 was registered with Poonamallee RTO as Red (Flame Red). VIJAI TVS of AVADI appoints colour blinded ladies staff who take care of invoicing, as the colour mentioned in the invoice goes to the RTO.
> Till you book the bike and pay the full amount, you are king at VIJAI TVS, post when the customer being so-treated as GOD till payment, starts being treated like its palindrome (DOG).
> Post booking, I got an overwhelming response from the Managing Director of VIJAI TVS who reacted to me as if I am asking his income account, when I actually had enquired about the manufacture month details of the bike that had been allotted to me.
> I strongly suspect the THAK THAK fork sound was actually created by the mechanic there, since I never faced this problem before my June 2018 service with VIJAI TVS. I remember the mechanic Prem mentioning that the fork is tight, when I never felt so. This happened when taking in my bike for the said service. After taking delivery, the fork was pathetically loose. When he tightened it on my complaint, the handle / steering freeness was gone and I started getting shoulder pain.
> Overall the worst customer service by VIJAI TVS - Avadi. Kudos to your courtsey VIJAI. Would recommend you to buy a branded strong new LOCK to pull down your shutters soon. You can't keep fooling your customers all your life.

HMT TVS - Arumbakkam (only one service done - extremely [evil] and hence never turned back - 24000 kms)
> I was recommended by one of my best friends and neighbour to take the bike to one Mr. Hari, a mechanic in HMT Arumbakkam for the fork work.
> Hari gave me toooooo much confidence, recommended replacing the steering stone kit, fork oil, blah, blah. Estimate was 2400+ in 2018 December service with the fork work, air filter and spark plug replace, silencer painting, etc.
> Strategy of HMT TVS came out - which is billing, billing, big billing, huge billing, replacing unnecessary parts, targeting a 4 digit bill. Wonderful strategy.
> From the assured estimated jobs, nothing was done, except the fork work, oil change, wash and general checkup. But still the bill was ballooned by changing unwanted parts like
*(RH front indicator), however this was approved by me to the call from sales girl (talented enough),
* the entire LH switch yoke with cluch lever was changed for a cost of 350 + 50 labour without my authorisation ( I was taken for granted, or rather a toss), when my actual request was only to check the clutch light switch due to the problem where the vehicle would start with just half clutch in gear from a signal withoug my knowledge. I had actually asked them to touch the part only if it is within INR 50 budget, but without my authorisation, they made the bill fatter by another 400.
* Rear brake shoe replaced without my approval (I was little ok, and convinced myself saying I had ridden on the stock brake shoe for 24000 kms)
> Finally came to know that HMT's strategy is fatter and the fattest bill from customer. Though none of the jobs like air filter /spark plug replace, silencer painting, etc were completed, still my bill was way beyond their estimation - 2400/-+ .
> HMT didn't even get me the AMC, which they promised they would. Fake promising and misleading A.S.S.

SRI LAKSHMI TVS - Padi
> Lack of skill and knowledge.
> My very first visit was attended by one mechanic Hari (different Hari from the one in HMT), and he diagnosed the front fork problem to be not forks but brake pads and recommended brake pad replacement. I said I'd bring the bike to service in March 2019 and get them done.
> When handing over the bike for service in March 2019, another mechanic Mani took care, did some tweaking with fork, and replaced brake pads, with a surprise that why the customer wants to replace front disc brake pads when 30% life is still left. See the kind of knowledge co-ordination these people have. One mechanic says brake pads are the problems, and another from the same A.S.S. says they are not.
> First two services with SRI LAKSHMI were around acceptable satisfaction levels.
> Next two services were pathetic, where in one, my indicator buzzer was screwed by the mechanics. When I took the bike back, they replaced with a puny buzzer that hardly gave any sound, like a drenched cat mewing with hardly any noise from buzzer. (95 rupees straight loss there). In the subsequent service, my brake light bulb and front left pilot lamp bulb were screwed upon delivery.
> Unfortunately I didn't notice as it was busy evening and had to rush home.
> After the last AMC service in December 2019, my rear brakes produce MTC bus type metallic noise that irritates me and the people around.
> I basically do not need a horn, my brakes would rather do the duty of the horn and anyone around will get frightened and move..[frustration]

Finally, disappointed, aggregated, ripped off, harassed, cheated by 3 different A.S.S., and with another 1 year 9 month of extended warranty on the bike till 2021 September, and around 22000 kms left, I was confused whether to go with my colleague's trust worthy mechanic (FNG) by voiding the said period of extended warranty even after having paid INR 350.00 for it, or to get back to another TVS A.S.S. just to be ripped off again the remaining services.[pig].
Wasn't TVS supposed to be good in customer service ?

Thread Starter #64
Wasn't TVS supposed to be good in customer service ?
Sorry to disagree here, but TVS really doesn't seem to care anymore of the customers. I have lodged multiple complaints or queries with TVS on the dealers / service centres, but unfortunately the maximum response I got a couple of times was a call back, and they would enquire and ask me to take the bike back to them for a re-check. Nothing great happens during the re-check.

When I used to work for Sri Karpagamoorthy TVS, Karaikudi (you would personally know) during the period from 2003 - 2005, I was once warned by the Managing Director / Owner Thiru KRCT Subramanian, just for the heck of making a customer wait for 5-6 extra minutes. He used to say "When we owners and industrialists become footwear to customers, why won't you employee be?". He actually taught me what customer service was.

Every single then TVS Victor GL and then GX 110 cc, and then GLX 125 cc I used to sell, was like almost the toughest nut to crack. Customers used to prefer the then Splendor Plus and would just hop into Nithya Motors near 5 lamps (then location) and walk out with a Splendor Plus, all these post getting a quotation from me.

Not only sales, when I moved into Spares and Service section, I and we service managers had to serve each and every customer as if they were Gods. Too many warranty replacements such as 81 Teeth sprocket of then TVS Victor in a 40,000 kms run bike, silencer replacements post warranty period, etc , etc.

But see today. I don't find a single service centre treating customers as HUMAN BEING, forget Gods and others.

They don't even bother whether they get a sale or not.

I know they are not going to be long in the business for sure, as one fine day these guys have to shut shops and move to another business, if they retain the same attitudes.

Even JPS Honda - Ambattur rewarded me with the worst service when I had bought Activa 110cc in August 2014 (pre 3G version). Service quality was worse than pathetic with them, even though the Sales Manager was a humble person, but what could he alone do when the majority of staff and workers crib to work?

Then I switched to JSP HONDA - Avadi, and though initially in the first 2-3 services, I had small hitches where I had to run back to them for small issues like self start switch nor working, etc, etc. However, in course of time, they improved a lot i customer satisfaction, and today I would rate them THE BEST CUSTOMER FOCUSSED service centre I've ever experienced in whole Chennai till date.

Special Kudos to DIWAKAR and KALAISELVEN who treat my vehicle as if it was their own vehicle, in all aspects. a break down of my Activa was attended very promptly by Diwakar last year, when I was in office. Diwakar turned up in 30 minutes after I called up, and took the vehicle to service station by towing. Finally the fuel tap (automatic) was found to be the culprit and was replaced, that too with my AMC benefits and labour. If they had wanted, they could have blamed on the costly coils and made to shell out in grans, but they didn't.

I would vouch for DIWAKAR and KALAI to anyone for their dedicated customer service. (HONDA). Sorry for being out of topic, but I wanted to show what I feel as a genuine CUSTOMER SERVICE>

Thread Starter #65
My gelling with my Victor
Though a number of issues have teethed up in my Victor, do I still love my bike?

Answer would be YES [music], I do love every km on my bike. It's damn smooth (engine, thanks to 3 valve), and pick up is above average now (38500 kms worn clutch). Since I do nothing more than 55 kmph speed (power mode entered here), and I hardly take pillion, the clutch is fine for my usage. Chain sprocket also seems to be in good condition. No major replacement needed in the coming service I guess[cry].

How long would I keep my bike?
Well, the answer is, till it lasts. I would love to restart its odo, by clocking a lakh, fingers crossed.

Regarding the concerns with fork and rear brake noise, I have pretty well learned to "adjust" with them (typical indianism, we easily adjust [roll]). Front HL doom noise now comes out even as low as at 48 kmph speed, which earlier used to pop out when I crossed 52 kmph. Well, the bike is ageing man !!!

Remaining 7 services to keep the Exteneded Warranty
This is the biggest challenge now. I have spoken with RN HUB TVS - Villivakkam, which is somewhere little near to the earlier service station SRI LAKSHMI TVS - Padi, hardly 1 km.

As per my discussion with the technician at RN TVS, I was assured of an AMC for around INR 1,100.00 (orally committed), and said the GENERAL SERVICE / CHECKUP only would cost INR 450.00 labour alone, if I don't hold an AMC with them. All other benefits are the same, 10% discount on addl labours, 5% on parts and consumables, and a bonus free water wash on and above the 4 regular service, the AMC being valid for one year from the date of issue.

The shock of my life was when I initiated a conversation with the mechanic of RN TVS, on how much would a 38000 km run Victor cost to service, and when he responded quickly saying "INR 1,800.00 + taxes". Believe me, it was the shock of my life.

This is option 1.

However, I also have a Plan B (I have for everything [;)] in life) - which is Option 2
If I don't get an AMC with RN TVS, I would switch to my colleague's mechanic in New Avadi Road, switch to better oils and service as per the schedule created by my own.
Only flip side would be that I have lose / void the remaining 18 month extended warranty for which I had paid INR 350.00.

Moreover, I am not very keen to pick up the new FI vehicles which costs a bomb on my wallet, almost 10 to 12k dearer with fuel injectors. I would love to keep this bike till it lasts without engine issues at least.

Overall ownership experience with Victor in the past 3.5 years can be rated around 7.5 / 10 by me considering all the factors, right from booking experience till the moment I am keying in this review post.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I like that Plan B option you have! And I also like that you have a Plan B for everything else in life too! Great going [thumbswink]

Thread Starter #68
Changed my service centre and hopped to RN HUB MOTORS in Villivakkam who is a TVS Authorized dealer.

Got an AMC. For 1200 change.

Chain Sprocket was found nearing it's death.
Clutch going weak in pick up.

However changed engine oil, some drain bolt, chain was lubed and carburetor was cleaned, all general check was performed.

Additionally front wheel bearing was replaced. Wondering how it goes off too soon.

Thread Starter #69
Well, I hope you readers ( I don't how many actually do read [sad]), are in sound health and expect the same from your family members to, in this pandemic era.

It's unfortunate that this invisible germ has shaken, broken and smashed the entire world's economy, especially working class people, who lost business, work, jobs and their source of income. I pray for each of them to overcome their financial crisis and return to their normalcies ASAP.

RN TVS - VILLIVAKKAM

Well, I have done only two services with them, the first one in March 2020, the 20th, a couple of days before lockdown commenced, and skipped the June scheduled service as the bike hardly ran 100 kms by that time. Then came due the September 2020 service (2nd service in the AMC coupon book). Service Manager has always been helpful in patiently listening my complaints, answering all my queries and doing some decent job with my bike for the bucks I pay.

But their strategy is again annoying. They have given a work estimate of around INR 11,500.00 on a 39000 kms run 4 year old TVS VICTOR 2016, which I use single handed, single load (hardly pillion ridden) with 50% in early morning roads with zero traffic and 50% B2B and moderate kind of Chennai city traffic.

Some of the replacements I remember the Service Manager had recommended are below, along with my remarks:

1). CHAIN SPROCKET estimated INR 1300.00 - I completely agree my CHain Sprocket is alive on its last adjustments and is counting miles to end its life. I know it's going to be a genuine replacement.
2). CLUTCH SET - estimated INR 2000.00 - I agree a 39000 kms bike would have worm out clutch plates (they are, as I feel the lag in pickup, but since I ride single within 40-50 kmph speed and I don't need that much thrilling launches in my bike, I am able to live with it. The clutch plates seem to be a genuine replacement (as I know from my experience, which was quoted to be around 750.00 INR by my previous service centre Sri Lakshmi TVS - Padi (Mechanic - Manikandan), which is a genuine replacement. But my current Service Manager in RN TVS says the whole clutch including plates, bearing, and all other components (I don't remember the technical names) associated with clutch needs replacement for a smoother ride[lol]. I humbly replied him that what I need from a 39000 kms run bike is pickup with new clutch plates and I would live with that.

3). In my March 2020 service (20th March 2020) with RN TVS, while taking the bike home after service from RN TVS, halfway my tachometer started raising up when I was at Ambattur Telephone Exchange signal, the RPM boosted to 4000 when idling at neutral. After that I couldn't get back the bike to service station due to lockdown till June. In June, I requested the service manager to heck my bike that was unused for three months (though I start, run the bike in idling with centre stand in all gears and leave it running in 3rd gear for some 5-10 minutes every Sunday). After the general checkup (not service) in June 2020, I was called by the Service Manager who gave me the shock of my life estimating 2,500 INR for HEAD CLEANING, etc. I was like [evil] and politely refused.

4). REAR WHEEL REPLACEMENT - INR 4,000/- estimated- This was already suggested by Lakshmi TVS Padi to replace the entire rear wheel assembly except rear tyre, estimating INR 4000.00 in December 2019 (my last AMC service and my last service with them). That's why I was pissed off and brought the bike to RN TVS for service. But RN TVS, after completing my September 2020 service, estimates the same INR 3,500.00 for rear wheel replacement. Anyone reading this, please share your opinion on replacing the entire rear wheel on a 110 cc bike within 4 years and 3900o kms odo clicks with very soft and single ride usage?

5). TIMING CHAIN - INR 300.00 estimated - Do I really need a timing chain replacement at 39000 kms single ride? Opinions please.

6). KEYSET (INR 1000.00 estimated) - some problem in the ignition key and hence the entire lock needs to be changed for 1000 bucks.

The above said sum up to 11,100.00 along with some labour and other charges goes to 12,000.00, apart from general services.

You know what, I haven't spent a five digit money on my 7.5 year old Santro Xing Petrol 2013 till date. The yearly service at my FNG costs me somewhere around 2.5k, and the worst with wheel alignment things came up to 2,900 only once.

But see, this is a commuter bike, not even Sports Bike or a SUper Bike, and I am quoted this much money.

Out of the above, I feel the genuine replacements would be the CHAIN SPROCKET, CLUTCH PLATES (not entire clutch), which would add up somewhere around 2000 + relevant labour.

Funny thing is I keep analyzing the strategies of every service centre I visit. My strategy findings about the service centres would be in my next post.

Thread Starter #70
LAKSHMI TVS - PADI vs RN MOTOHUB TVS - Villivakkam

In Lakshmi TVS - Padi, with an AMC, my service bill was 300 INR less 15 rupees which is my AMC 5% discount for oil, which I have to debate with the billing girls to get change in my hands. So apart from AMC of 1300/- approx, every service, my cost of service was Rs. 285.00. Reason was because Lakshmi TVS Padi doesn't bill customers for consumables, chain lubes, carburetter cleaning, etc, etc. They say everything is included in the General Service Labour which is pre-covered by my AMC. So annually my spend for my bike service (4 services would be 1300 AMC + (285 INR x 4 times, which is oil change), which works out to be INR 2,440.00 (this was the total expense from March 2019, June 2019, Sep 2019 and December 2019 services). Some small replacements like the buzzer and the tail lamp bulb (both damaged by Lakshmi TVS) was borne by me (30 buzzer and 50 tail lamp bulb) [frustration]

Coming to RN MOTOHUB

I would be royally ripped with the below things:
1300/- AMC (reasonable)
285/- oil (reasonable, post AMC 5% discount)
150 + taxes for Consumables (which Lakshmi TVS, HMT TVS, Vijai Motors TVS never ever billed me for).
400/- for Carburetter Cleaning and Chain Lube (which Lakshmi TVS, HMT TVS, Vijai Motors TVS never ever billed me for).

So, approximately excluding my AMC, I end up paying INR 850 - INR 900.00, which works out for 4 services in a year to be (4 x 900 = 3600 + 1300 AMC which sums up to a royal INR 4900, rounded up to 5k per year for maintaining a 110 cc commuter segment bike.

I have not included any wear and tyre replacements, etc. I maintain my 1.1L 4 cylinder petrol hatchback car in 2.5k per year and I spend 5k for my 110 cc two wheeler, which is double of my maintenance expense on my car.

Ironically, yes.

But the service manager is good to talk to, but their strategy is recommending heavy replacements to drain my wallet. I shall upload the recommendation sheet which has around 7000 rupees of work for my bike, excluding the clutch replacement 2000 and 2500 rupees for head cleaning (for reasons best known to the Service Manager[confused])

Thread Starter #71
Current condition of my bike.

Well, the bike runs, and caries me and my wife (some romantic rides during lock down with proper masks and permitted hours - completely legal) [embarass].

Thanks to myself for starting the bike every Sunday evening, and running it on idle for few minutes, then engaging the gears 1 by 1 with bike on the centre stand, till 4th gear, and would then leave it on 3rd, with no throttle input, to make sure the moving parts like chain and others are in shape. After some relaxation in lockdown guidelines, I started moving out of my house with bike, every weekend, some 1 - 2 kms.

However, the previous smooth (pre lock down) couldn't be achieved by the bike now.

My profession needs me to sit at home, work from home through laptops, and hence my bike usage is minimal.

Moreover I have some petrol remaining in my petrol tank which I had filled on 23rd March 2020, a day before lockdown was executed, as an oversmart act, and I still have that petrol. I need to clear it ASAP.

I trust after normalcy resumes, and I start riding to office, the bike will get smoother and smoother, but this RN TVS and their quotation seem to be planning to drain my wallet and bank [gun].

I have 2 more AMC's left in my book with RN MOTO HUB TVS, and I would try to do one in December 2020 if I really ride some good distance, else in March 2021 and then in June 2021, by when my AMC with RN MOTOHUB will exhaust, and my extended warranty on my 2016 TVS VICTOR would come to an end in September 2021.

Post then I am planning to shift to a trusted mechanic for maintaining my bike in good shape for a few more years, at least till 1 L kms. Let's see.

Thread Starter #73
Find a good FNG, even I stopped giving to service centre (which is 1km from my home), and now give to outside workshop which is 4km away. But work is neat and prompt.
I have an FNG handy, my colleague's trusted mechanic and his friend. Post my AMC with RN MOTOHUB is over by either March or June of 2021, I shall switch my maintanence to that FNG.

Thread Starter #74
Victor stands idle with very rare operations, once in a week or 10 days, thanks to the pandemic.

But once I crank, after a few kicks, the engine comes to life and then the bike rides, but not with that usual smoothness.

Probably a daily usage like in the pre pandemic days, would smoothen it's operation, but we don't have a necessity...

I work from home, my other vehicle Activa is used almost daily by wifey, for some work or other, and that is on the safer side.

My Santro has a weekly run like before and seems good with no major trouble.

Thread Starter #75
Hi Readers... Long time... Pandemic fears, WFH ambience and so on.

Coming to my Victor, I have started using it little more frequently, unlike the gone months during the tight pandemic days. During pandemic, it used to return around 40 kpl, but now due to its increased frequency in usage, has come up to 50 kmpl.

The AMC with RN MOTOHUB - Villivakkam had to be extensively used. That is, the said AMC was bought in March of 2020, just three days before the pandemic start, and first service on the AMC was done in the same month - March 2020. Then the services were apparently delayed, due to obvious reasons which is non-usage. The subsequent service was done post 6 months after March 2020, that is on Sep 2020, with a running of less than 200 kms, and the next (third) one was done in April 2021, each of these including oil changes, even in small gaps of 200, 400, kind of kilometers run, when the actual oil change interval is supposed to be 3000 kms. But still, as per the SA's advice, I allowed them to change oil, considering the safe and long life of the engine.

In each of these three services, the SA kept insisting on multiple replacements, the predominant one being the Chain Sprocket Kit, that had almost been exhausted. But I kept prolonging and postponing this replacement till now.

I started hearing my chain making noise while riding pillion, and also while riding single and finally decided to replace the same.

Time came in, when last week, I handed over Victor for a complete service to RN MOTOHUB, utilizing the last service coupon from my AMC book (March 2020 bought), which the SA agreed to take up, considering the genuine reason for my not getting my bike from them on time, due to pandemic and consequent non-usage during these days.

In the current service, after six months from the previous service done in April 2021, the bike was found to have run only 700 kms post previous oil change in April 2021.

I instructed the SA last week to completely service my bike, replace the Chain Sprocket Kit, check the oil and if found good enough, let it be, else replace, wash and clean the bike.

SA suggested rear wheel replacement and clutch kit replacement, both of which I refused upfront.

The Estimate was something like the below:

1). Engine Oil (only if necessary) - 300/-
2). Chain Sprocket Kit - 1200/- (including replacement labour charges - approximately)
3). Carburetor cleaning - 100/-
4). Consumables - 100/-
5). General Service Labor - 0/- (AMC waive off)

Approximate Estimate was INR 1,700/-. I wholeheartedly agreed. This estimate doesn't include any discounts yielded by the AMC I own.

The next day 10 am, I was told by the SA that the oil is in shape and wouldn't need to be replaced now (as it had run only 700 kms), and hence the estimated 300/- is off from the projected bill [:D].

I didn't receive a call from the Service Centre till 5.40 pm on 14th (Thursday), when I was on leave and had planned to get the vehicle delivered the same day.

When I called up to check, they told the vehicle was ready afternoon itself, but I was not informed, when they were supposed to inform me when the bike was ready- IRRESPONSIBILTY no. 1

I told them I would pick the vehicle up on the subsequent day - Friday - 15th October.

We visited the ASC on 15th October, Friday, and we were provided with the bill which was for INR 1187.00 only, which constitutes of:

General Service Labour - 0/- Waived Off by AMC
Chain Sprocket Kit - 769/- including 28% GST
Labour for replacement of Chain Sprocket - 230/- + 18% taxes
Carburetor Cleaning - 100/-+ 18% taxes
Consumables - 100/-
+ 18% taxes

Applying 5% discount on the spare (Chain Sprocket Kit) and 10% discount on all other labour (230+100+100), all discounts before GST, and the final bill amount worked out to be Rs. 1,187.20.

The next sore point was that the ASC said they would charge some %age on the bill amount if I paid through my credit card, which is pretty much absurd and illegal. I don't prefer paying any fees / charges / penalties / surcharges on any of my credit card payments. This is a day light robbery, which no one questions about. Not appreciated in any way. Bad gesture from RN MOTOHUB - Villivakkam.

The bike was delivered up to my satisfaction. The sore point was the metallic sound produced by the rear wheel while braking, and the only solution suggested by the SA was to replace the entire rear wheel excluding the tire for a cost of INR 4,000.00, which I didn't find a point in.

I brought my bike back, and things were fine till yesterday morning (Sunday - 17th Oct), when I took the bike out and was teaching my wife to ride a geared bike, so that I can upgrade her Driver License from MC without Gear to MC with gear. She completed two rounds after which the bike engine went off. We tried everything possible, but all in vain. I checked Spark Plus, which appeared to have been cleaned in service; fuel supply was fine. The fuel hose was slightly damaged at the end, so I cut the damaged part using scissor and again fixed it back. None out of self start or kick start attempts worked.

I called up SIVA, the Service Advisor and literally blasted him left, right and center for the irresponsible way the bike has been serviced and the bike having been broken down within just two days of service. Siva promised to offer support post 10 am. But till 11 am, there was no communication from RN MOTOHUB. I grew wilder, as I had to push the bike on my muscular power for 4 kms back home that morning. I again called up Siva in RN MOTOHUB and blasted him for not providing a responsible gesture. Followed by multiple to and fro telecom communications, a mechanic reached home and tried all possible ways to start the bike, but he failed. I explained, rather narrated the entire story of my trouble shooting attempts having gone vain. He requested me to come with him till show room and he assured to tow my bike, only when my mind got an idea to check my bike by replacing the spark plug from the mechanic's bike (TVS RADEON), and at that moment, the mechanic happened to peep the engine side by leaning down, when he learnt that the carburetor of my bike wasn't fixed/ locked back properly, after cleaning, during the service (IRRESPONSIBILTY no. 2), and this irresponsible act from the servicing mechanic was the culprit that had caused all mess and fuss for me yesterday morning, and I had to push the 113 kg vehicle on the road till my home, which was 4 kms away from the break-down spot.

Just because the mechanic hadn't locked back the carburetor in its place properly, I and my wife had to suffer on foot for 4 kms, with 113 kg load vehicle.

A very immature, irresponsible gesture from RN MOTOHUB TVS.

Fortunately, this was my last AMC service with RN MOTOHUB TVS, and so I am not going to service my bike anymore with any of the TVS service centres in INDIA, for sure.

Top Bottom