New TVS Victor (2016): 15,000 Kms Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #91
Hi kumar. Mine is BS3

Yes

Actually it is not idling. i have to rev it up to abt 3000 rpm for abt 2 mins for it to stabilize and when i dont rev it up , sometimes there is no response when i accelerate

my victor has run 27k only. ig it also was a test bike.

ECommerce
Here you can check and order spares
ECommerce
Here painted parts .

i have seen a victor run more than 1 lakh
this guy is a good mechanic, but is in madhurai[sad]
Mine is BS3, 2016 September bought, and perhaps 2013 July manufactured.

Thanks for the links for spare parts. I am actually looking for someone to powder coat my silencer pipe as it has rusted a lot.

1 lakh km in Victor is great to hear. I too expect something similar from my dude (Victor).

Your Victor has run only 27k kms, then you and your Victor would have a longer love affair. I guess yours is also 2016 or 17.

I didn't understand when you said it was a test bike. Did you end up buying a test ride bike from showroom?

for those who want to buy a victor , there is one available at beepkart. (I am not promoting)
Really? which year model?

Mine is BS3, 2016 September bought, and perhaps 2013 July manufactured.

Thanks for the links for spare parts. I am actually looking for someone to powder coat my silencer pipe as it has rusted a lot.

1 lakh km in Victor is great to hear. I too expect something similar from my dude (Victor).

Your Victor has run only 27k kms, then you and your Victor would have a longer love affair. I guess yours is also 2016 or 17.

I didn't understand when you said it was a test bike. Did you end up buying a test ride bike from showroom?
Hi kumar .
yes my bike has also rusted very badly. it actually is my dad's . it is my first bike . and yes my victor is a 2016 model.
no, what i meant was it was the first version of new victor.so some issues with quality.

Really? which year model?
it is 2020 model.
link: Buy used 2020 TVS Victor in Chennai | BeepKart

Last edited:
Thread Starter #93
Victor still returns good FE of 62+ kmpl in the last 60 litres I have filled in the past 4 months.

However, my unresolved problem is - Victor keeps coughing admist ride, at all speed levels, like <40 kph; >55 kph and even >70 kph, irrespective of whether I have 5+ litres of petrol in the tank (including reserve) or I run on reserve.

Still now unable to bring out the issue. Could any of the coils be the culprit?

Last edited:
Victor still returns good FE of 62+ kmpl in the last 60 litres I have filled in the past 4 months.

However, my unresolved problem is - Victor keeps coughing admist ride, at all speed levels, like <40 kph; >55 kph and even >70 kph, irrespective of whether I have 5+ litres of petrol in the tank (including reserve) or I run on reserve.

Still now unable to bring out the issue. Could any of the coils be the culprit?
seems like a problem with the fuel supply. try cleaning the carburettor.

Thread Starter #96
On 30th March 2024, I took my ride to my mechanic, did a carburetter cleaning, replaced the spark plug, though it was working well, replaced the lock set as mechanic found the fuel lock had the holes blocked due to dust in these 7.5 years. Lock set was any ways to be replaced and was in cards for years, after the steering lock having gone kaput during pandemic. I was postponing this by using a cable lock but, somehow this suspicion from mechanic provoked me to replace the lock set from TVS Genuine, for 1000 bucks.

Now the bike rides pretty smooth without shock waves. Mechanic tried all different things as per his wisdom and experiences and finally the issue was resolved.

Top Bottom