New TVS Victor (2016): 15,000 Kms Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone

This is my first ownership review on Automotive India. Let me apologize in advance, if there is any mistake in the review, as this is my first experience here.

My Bike Interests:
As every youngster during his teens would, I too had a desire for bikes, even though at that point of time (2000-2003) during my college days I couldn't afford one. But I used to envy at Splendors, TVS Victors, CBZ's, Suzuki Fiero, Yamaha YBX - YBL, etc.

I started saving every penny to buy my first simplest bike, but failed everytime. Completed graduation in 2003, stood up on my own legs, and finally just for buying a bike, came down to Chennai from my place, hunting for a 5 digit salary in 2007, 4 years after my graduation.

Chennai Life and Bike
Chennai changed my life style, in terms of money. I started boosting my balance. There were a couple of instances when I walked into Choolaimedu Angel Yamaha showroom to buy the then cheap Yamaha Crux R which cost me Rs. 39000.00 on road then.

First experience towards end of 2007. I loved the beats of Yamaha engine and was happy with a simple front round head lamp design. Dealer offered me the bike for Rs. 37000.00 (a 2k discount) in case I paid in ready cash. I had a shortage of Rs. 18000.00, and I was ready to pay on my Credit Card (Credit Card !). But dealer astonished me stating I have to pay 2+% service charges on the amount I pay from my credit card. I silently walked out.

Second instance (2008) , once again I went to the same showroom, this time with full money in my bank (wow !! rich !! :) ). This time dealer surprised me with an additional Rs. 550.00 charge for some affidavit from notary public as I didn't have a Chennai address then. (My dad was in Arkonam, and I was from Karaikudi). Well you could have figred out right, that I once again walked out silently.
Thus my two attempts went off.

Once in the same year 2007, happened to come down to Avadi meet a familiar and very close person to my father. On the way back, happened to cross Vijai Motors TVS Avadi, then located in CTH Road. Took a quotation for TVS Star City and walked out. That's it.

Kept Star City in mind, as once I had ridden the bike in Karaikudi (2006-07 model) and I loved it to the core.

In December 2007, finalised on Star City and decided to buy one. Dad prepared Rs. 60,000.00 for the same and gave me a cheque asking me to visit TVS dealer in Arkonam, finalize the colour and book one.

Plan was to give the new TVS Star City with self start option to my dad and rob him off his 2005 Splendor Plus to my Choolaimedu mansion for my local and office commutes.But once again, things changed, plans changed and I got an offer to invest in a land and I used that money for that.

Thus the bike was still a dream. As and when I came down to meet my father in Arkonam, I was using his Splendor Plus for small commutes in local.
2009 - I got married and I with my wife started living together with my father in Arkonam, and soon moved down to Avadi for my office comfort.Splendor was our only vehicle in Avadi - Chennai and we did a few trips of around 25 kms one way to city as well, with family.

2013 March - Got my first car Hyundai Santro Petrol

2014 August - Got a Honda Activa 110 cc for my wife.

2016 September 19th - Here begins the actual story. The Splendor Plus (2005) was sold out to a person in Chennai for Rs. 13,000.00 after 11 years 2 months of usage and a 32000 kms odo (!!). Engine was in GOOD condition, well maintained and the bike could still do another 70k kms without much effort.

Not so great Booking Experience:
2016 September 19th - After bidding adieu to my horse Splendor, I with my wife paid a casual visit to Hero showroom, looked at a couple of 110 cc bikes. I don't even remember their names, as I was least bothered to buy a Hero (NOT A HERO HONDA gem). We left the showroom without even collecting a quotation / price list. Then visited the same Vijay Motors TVS - Avadi (last visited in 2007), this time located opp to Meenakshi Theatre in Avadi.

Though I didn't have a plan to buy a bike at least for a month or two because sentimentally I couldn't think of another bike replacing my departed love, my reliable and solid Splendor 2005. But my wife made it compulsary for me to hold a bike, and not to touch or depend on her Activa for my office commutes or any requriements :)
Keeping this in mind, out of the available bikes, I discarded Sports as it was a 100cc one, and had heard of its power lag in riding with a pillion and also I didn't want to go for one more 100cc in life. Next in 110 cc segments, available were Star City Plus and New Victor.

Though both were 110cc, the engines were totally different. Star City Plus had a 110 cc 8.4 ps 2 valve engine whereas the Victor came with 110cc 9.6ps 3 valve eco thurst engine.

Took test drive of both, with no honest interest of buying, as I wanted to save some money by taking public + one way company transport. First Star City, with my elder daughter, and then Victor with both of my daughters.

Elder daughter had 'Victor' as her choice. Younger daughter had Blue as her colour. Thus the bike was fixed.

I formally went through the technical specifications for some 15 minutes, and showed up my thumb finger to the sales people to proceed. As I hadn't taken any money as I never had an idea of booking that day, I offered to pay the booking amount of Rs. 1000.00 from my Credit Card. Again, to my dismay, dealer said a 2% service charges on Credit Card Payment.

Sales People : Sir, just 40 rupees, nothing more.
Me : It's 40 rupees, and it's more. No bank would authorise you to over charge a customer like this.
Sales People : Sir we are helpless.
Me : Ok ! Tomorrow I will get money and book.
Sales People (not ready to let a caught fist out of sale) : Sir, please give the card, we shall waive off the charges.
Me : Waive off ! What are you guys actually waiving off ?
Sales People : It's ok sir. No additional charges.

Booking went on. Disc brake was Rs. 2000.00 dearer than the drum brake. Disc brake cost OTR Rs. 64700.00 whereas drum brake OTR cost me Rs. 62700.00. I had enough with drum brakes, resulting in a couple of rear ending accidents in 2014, so said yes to Disc brake. Colour was some kind of Blue.

Vehicle was assured to registered by Wedneday and would be ready on Thursday. I opted to pick it up from their dealership on Friday, i.e., 23rd September 2016, evening by 5.00 pm. Thus booking over.

WORST POST-BOOKING EXPERIENCE;
Couple of days after booking, I preferred to know the exact make month of my bike, and called up Sales. The experience was flabbergasting when I was replied witha heavy sigh or say a very ugly response, and the phone was handed over to the owner / MD of Vijai Motors - Avadi.
Me : Sir, I would prefer to know the month & year of manufacture of the bike allotted to me. (Was I wrong anywhere, or did I cross my limits as a customer, in knowing about the product for which I have made full cash payment? )
MD : Sir, why are you asking these things ? No customer would ask these things and we don't prvovide such infomration to anyone.
Me : Sir, I strongly believe the consumer law allows me to know the make month of the bike I have paid for and am going to own for the next n number of years, and I don't think I am wrong anywhere in this aspect, am I /
MD : Ok (handed over phone to sales people)
Sales Personnel : Well, your bike chase was manufactured in xx day of July month, second shift, with xx:xx pm timings.
Readers, believe me this is the worst response I have ever got from a dealer, whom I have paid in ready cash from my nose, a whole 65000.00, and the MD / head of the dealership behaving this way. Worst experience here.

WORST DELIVERY EXPERIENCES:
First of all, no discounts were provided, even on ready cash purchase. (3 years ago, we bought an Apache 160 Eagle Eye for one of our friends from Prabha TVS - Ashok Pillar - Chennai and I requested a 2000 discount for a finance HP purchase! Guess what, we were given 1500.00 discount).
Fine, let that go. We went to showroom at 5.00 pm. They explained all unwanted nonsenses (to me at least) like MERA FREND card), etc, which doesn't mean any thing to me.

An additional 3 year warranty on top of base 2 year warranty was pushed, and I felt it is ok to take it since it's a new technology of 3 valve engine, and I am one of the few initial bakras investing in their new product. A premium of Rs. 350.00 was charged for a total 5 year warranty. I was fine with it.

All formalities done, the vehicle wa sdelivered with some peculiar kind of garlanding kind of poses, pics were taken that way, and my FB / WhatsApp comments read for the pic as if I had won the bike as a prizse. Buddy - I have paid from my nose for that two wheeler.

The vehicle is handed over, I and my wife with my younger princess are ready to start, when my wifey notices a scratch and damage at the right handle tip, which is 300% nonsense from PDI as well as Sales Team. I don't have words to express my anger even after 16 odd months of purchase.

The worse thing was, when I called the sales LADIES and notified, the lady coolly says 'That's nothing sir, please take it. We will get it rectified next time." I was like, what the hell, I have never seen a dealership deliver a bike like this. I said I am not taking this bike and leaving it with you. The sales LADIES were speechless, browsing for words, when a gentleman, probably from PDI / Accessories section came running, attended my grievance, took the bike inside, without uttering a word of protest. That shows the gentleman's professionalism. He was awesome. Within no time, the bike was back with replaced RH handle grip. My wife was in her Activa and she started off. I went to Petrol station, filled for Rs. 100.00 as I was told 0.5 litres petrol is already in tank.

Came home, showed bike to dad, and neighbourhood. Then straight to Perumal temple with my bike, located in Kovilpathaagai (Avadi), did a Pooja and brought my bike him, in sizzling and romantic rain, all three of us drenched, me, my wifey and my new horse.

Coming home and checking papers, I noticed that the xxx Blue Colour was invoiced as some xxx RED colour, which is not at all acceptable. I never expected Vijai Motors has illiterate people at invoicing desk, or rather say, colour blind ladies. I would suggest them to check their eyes before they hire such nonsense people over there to do such responsible jobs.

I immediately rushed to dealer the very next day, and got it changed to BLUE colour. I also told them to update all the system records from the RED to my BLUE.
To my dismay / disappointment, the RC book also came as RED, instead of blue. I had to surrender the original RC book to one elderly person Mr. Perumal, who was very professional, took charge, assured rectification. And he kept his words, within a few days, returned the corrected RC book . No major change, the colour was striked off using pen, changed to BLUE in pen, and was attested by the registrar (RTO).

INITIAL PERFORMANCE PROBLEM FACED:
From day 1, every early morning, I faced a peculiar problem. I start the engine, run it idle for 30 seconds or so, press clutch lever, slot to first gear. Here's the catch. The moment I slot to first gear, with clutch pressed, the bike leaps. That is, I still have the clutch pressed, I didn't release it to move, just pressed the first gear, and the bike leaps forward. Seriously unsafe.
However, initially I thought, this is a minor problem and should get eradicated with usage, and also since I am the solo user of the bike without any pillion most of the time, I kept managing. The issue occurred twice a day, first when I start it in the morning (say after a cooling period of 8+ hours) and second, when I start the bike from office to return, say after a cooling period of another 9-10 hours) and that's it.

After a 8+ hour cooling period, the very first start and then engaging first gear leaps the bike forward, without / before releasing clutch and after that everything is ok, irrespective of how many times I again and again engage first gear from stand still. Next occurrence in the day is at evening, which is after another 8+ hours of cooling and that's it.

3rd day of my ownership, I reported the issue to Vijai Motors TVS, and I was told that this would be checked at First Service at 20th day. I covered 730 kms (750 kms was threshold for first free service) and then took it for first free service, where I explained the issue. Unfortunately the maroons there did not / rather could not get my problem. They mistook it to be like I was getting a vibration or shuddering when moving at first gear. As they didn't understand the problem, or even didn't try to, ultimately the problem was left unresolved. Many suggestions were given by brilliant service team, asking me to idle for 5 full minutes, etc.

I told them sarcastically that this is my second bike and I know how it should behave when I start after cooling period and engage first gear. I also told them (and am telling you all) that I have been a part of Spares Department in Sri Karpagamoorthy TVS , a main dealer for TVS two wheelers in Karaikudi during the period from 2003-2005 and I had been a fan of TVS Victor, which eventually played a vital role in my purchasing the New Age Victor.

I kept visiting their service station multiple times, and the maroons at the service team couldn't understand what I was actually telling them about the problem. My patience having touched my benchmark, I left the vehicle in their service station and left. I emailed TVS MOTOR COMPANY - Hsour, and its national offices across India about the issue and demanded a full refund for having delivered me a faulty, QC - failed, PDI failed bike.

Then got a call from higher ups in TVS MOTORS, I explained everything in detail. I was then called by Vijai Motors service team and I asked them not to touch / start the bike for two full days and I would visit them following Sunday.

I asked the bike to be rolled to me, without starting, the whole service team with Service Managers were with me (thanks to my email to the head offices !). A video shoot was taken by my wife, focussing the bike. I started the bike, idled for 1 minute, held the clutch, and said I am holding the clutch, I will not release the clutch, - Now I will engage first gear. The moment I engage first gear, the bike leaps, but the engine doesn't stop, the leap is just momentary. I told them to check gearbox, clutch and everything possible.

Yuvraj, one of the seniormost mechanics seemed to have understood my problem and took ownership to get it resolved. Two days later, I receive a call from him stating the clutch plates / relevant spares under Warranty. The bike was handed over to me with the problem RESOLVED. Thanks to Yuvaraj and none else from Service Team.

SERVICE EXPERIENCES TILL DATE:
To be crisp, I would say the service level is just above adequate.

Bike came with the first five services as free services for the first year of ownership.

All the five were completed promptly within the given date / kms run.
The service interval is either 2500 - 3000 kms or 3 months, whichever is earlier, but for the first service which is within 750 kms.

My daily run being 48 kms and monthly run being approximately 1000 kms, I normally end up servicing my bike every 2600 – 2800 kms, strictly not exceeding the 3000 kms mark within the three months service interval, since my bike is used only for office commute.

Senior Advisor / Technician / Mechanic, called Yuvaraj appears to be taking good care of my bike during service.

SERVICE EXPENSES:
A major factor for Indian market, the maintenance. I would say maintenance is slightly on the higher side for TVS, but I don’t have to bother since :
 The first 5 free services were completed within first year, where I had to pay Rs. 290.00 for oil and Rs. 50.00 for polishing, if opted for. Also Teflon polishing is also offered at an additional Rs. 250.00, only if customer wants it.
 In the fifth service (11,100 kms), I was advised to replace Spark Plus and Air Filter (as advised in the service manual), which I went ahead with, along with the oil service, which added up the bill for that service alone to Rs. 770.00 (approx).
 Sixth service (paid service from now) was completed last December 24th 2017. From this service labour of Rs. 650.00 was to be charged on top of the oil replacement, however I opted for AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) scheme, where I pay upfront Rs. 1,400.00 for the whole year (valid till September 2018) which waives off the complete service labour for the next 4 services and also offers 5% discount on spares & oil and 10% discount on additional labour, if anything applicable.
 Thus I calculate the service labour charges of around Rs. 350.00 per service including taxes (1400 rupees divided by 4 services).
 I also get one complimentary water wash with the said AMC.
 Probably from next year the AMC charges would go to Rs. 2000.00 per year for 4 services I guess, but again I feel that’s okay as it ends up with Rs. 500.00 per service for labour alone.
That’s about maintenance part. Ongoing maintenance as per service manual would be as below:
 18000 kms – fork oil
 21000 – disc brake oil check, rotor and pad check.
 18000-21000 kms – Chain Sprocket replacement.
Other than these, regular oil changes alone.

Till date, I have clocked 15,200 kms and is still in the go. Will keep updating my happy miles.

Regards
Kumar

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: New TVS Victor 2016 - 15000 kms Ownership Experience

Congrats , Kumar on such a wonderful journey.
You have penned each and every small detail like an encyclopedia!
Good luck and have many happy journeys in the future with your princess (es).

Thread Starter #3
Thanks BHVM for your inspiration and motivation. This has been my first review and I have a very simple garage consisting of very simple vehicles, my Victor, better half's Activa and our Santro !!

Thread Starter #5
Congrats Kumar_CarFreak for your Victor. How are the engine characteristics: NVH levels, drivability, mileage etc.
Hi SS53

Well, the ride quality is excellent. Driveability is above par.

I ride 24.3 kms one way in medium to dense level traffic and the other way 24.3 kms in free way, i.e., zero traffic, owing to my shift timings.

I get an average fuel efficiency of 65 kmpl. My speeds are restricted mostly to 50 kmph even in free roads.

Occassional 52-53 kmph can be seen in the speedo though. [:D]

NVH level is super silent, provided the engine is maintaned / serviced regularly the right way in right hands.

Shifting from a 2005 Spendor Plus, I found this bike little heavy and long in length in the initial days of ownership. It almost took me two weeks (almost 500 kms) to get adjusted and accustomed to the bike's driving dynamics and handling.

Now I feel uncomfortable with my cousin's Splendor Plus whenever I am in a position to use that...[clap]. I mean I am so much used to my Victor.

Overall I am happy with my Victor, and the only negative point I find in my Victor is the gear box which is notchy. The second gear is almost non existent.

Second dissatisfaction would be the worst quality of the rear number plate metal, which has almost 25% got rusted and corroded. Didn't expect TVS to deliver a new Victor (relaunched version) with such an inferior number plate.

My wife's Activa number plates are shiny clean without any mark of corrosion even after 3.5 years of same level usage.

Other than these two, I am a very satisfied customer of New Victor. If you have a budget of around 65k (when I bought it - Sep 2016) to around 70 k (BS IV version now), and are looking for a decent family bike with nice seating comfort, features which make the bike VFM (like Tachometer, four way indicators, idling indicator, etc), you can go for this. The best thing in this bike (compared to its rival Star City Plus), is its 3 valve eco thrust engine, the beats are awesome from the beautiful sexy silencer.[embarass]

Hi,
Its a very good writeup. Pre/Post Booking experience and delivery experience are still the same in some of the showrooms. Only 10% of the customers will ask for VIN number // Chassis number // Engine number etc;. So the showroom people too see the customers different who asks for the details.

Thread Starter #7
Hi,
Its a very good writeup. Pre/Post Booking experience and delivery experience are still the same in some of the showrooms. Only 10% of the customers will ask for VIN number // Chassis number // Engine number etc;. So the showroom people too see the customers different who asks for the details.
Showrooms must understand that it's the customer's basic right to know what he is buying an d paying for. I taught the showroom MD about my consumer rights and he zipped up [thumbsdown]..

You're right that almost all showrooms have that kind of attitudes, even with car customers, leave alone the bike buyers aside....

Hi,
Thanks a lot Amby for your inspirations.

Regards
Kumar

Thread Starter #8
Even today I had one more worst experience with Vijai Motors TVS. My chain was giving unnecessary noise and hence took it for adjustment along with Brake check. I was asked to come again. The same thing happened last Sunday, stating mechanics are not available.

After great hesitation (unwelcomed customer), they took my bike in, and gave it back in just 5 minutes. After reaching home I see the Chain Cover Rubber is missing. I immediately called up service centre, and the same unwelcoming voice, the same kind of ugly reception. I opted to talk to the owner, I wasn't allowed to. The mechanic rather came back on phone and he lied stating "There was no chain cover rubber when I gave it to him", which was totally absurd as I physically checked the rubber before I gave.

There was no single gesture of apologies from anyone in the service staff. Let me also point out here that this is third same incident, where the mechanics there least bother to fix back the chain cover rubber. Three times I have paid from my pocket (though Rs. 15.00, but still matters when this happens repeatedly).

Totally pissed off with such lethargic attitude. If they had apologized upfront, probably I would have kept me refrained from writing this review and writing to TVS Motor Company as well. I have raised a complaint via online module and via email with TVS MOTOR COMPANY, India.

Thread Starter #9
Hi All

Hope you all are doing fine. Quite a long time, I have updated my review.

My TVS Victor has clocked 18300+ kms as of yesterday and doing awesome.

However some of the teething issues I faced till date, from the date of purchase is :

1. Clutch issue in first gear right from day 1 of ownership - was sorted out by Vijai TVS after my escalation to TVS Motors - Hosur Head Office.

2. Now and then minor mileage issue. My regular mileage would be 65 kmpl - 50% heavy city traffic and 50% free city road.

3. Non existent second gear - still an issue. But I got used to, even though, it would be irritating to downshift to first at every slow down in a traffic, where a second gear must ideally be sufficient to pull the vehicle from that speeds below 8 kmph (as it used to be with my Splendor Plus 2005). Downshifting to first in every such instance, gives a very ugly jerk and discomfort, especially when you have a pillion.

4. Rear number plate has been corroded 35% of the surface. The rusting became significant within 15 months usage, and now it is my 21st month and it looks horrible. My wife's Honda Activa 2014. which is 4 years old, has a clean and neat number plate on both front and rear without any mark of corrosion. Thanks to the pathetic quality of TVS providing cheap cost number plates with new bikes.

5. Battery issue. Every time I crank engine at signals, the self starter pretty much hesitates to start, takes a second or two, and with a heavy heart, starts the engine. When checked with Vijai TVS, first they tried to avoid me and finally they said the battery has gone Kaput and needs a replacement. I was like [surprise] - that OMG, within 16700 kms and just 18 months, how can a brand new battery go Kaput.

When checked about replacement, I was given the next shock of life, stating the warranty for the battery on TVS bikes are for merely ONE YEAR [cry] and only for 10,000 kms, whichever is earlier.

I couldn't accept at all that in my decent and caring usage, the battery would go weak in such a short odo reading and time span. My 2005 Splendor Plus stock battery was replaced in 2011, 6 + years of awesome service, though the bike was very low run in those years.

I checked it with SVS TVS in Ambattur, another TVS authorised workshop. They rectified it to the best with some adjustments and post that, it sounds better, though I could feel the laziness of the bike in starting. Let me see how long the battery serves. I look forward for at least another 15 months from the battery to serve me.

Other than these, I do not have anything to complain about my bike. It's my daily work horse and my sentiment for the name Victor (since 2003) makes me love this bike and every mile I cover, more and more.

My AMC with Vijai TVS has two more service coupons left, one this week and the next one in September 2018, by when my bike would have completed 2 beautiful years of ownership and probably some 21300 kms on odo (predicted one more month usage of 3000 kms in the next three months).

The subsequent AMC booklet would be more expensive from Vijai TVS as full labour needs to be borne by customer as the vehicle would complete the 2 year base warranty by then (Sep 2018).

This year I wouldn't be renewing my insurance for my Victor and also for my Activa. Guess how ?

I took long coverage plans for both my two wheeler last year and insured for two full years at once. My next insurance expense is in August and Sep 2019, respectively for my two bikes.

Have nice time and weekend.

Kumar

Thread Starter #10
Hi Readers

Sharing a few of the issues teething out from my TVS Victor

Bike has ticked 20600 clicks on the odo as of today.

Issues being faced for a while now:
> Once crossed 52 kmph speed on a free city road, the front head light cluster or doom starts vibrating and a small noise starts coming out.

> Front handle bar / fork has become tight. In the last service, the mechanic tried to loosen it, but resultant that, the front fork started juddering even on nice roads. Then after a couple of repeat adjustments and irritating 1000 km drive overall, the mechanic decided to tighten the fork, because of which the steering is too hard now and is not comfortable to take steep turns in traffic.

> Rear number plate is 30% rusted. It started rusting from when it was less than 18 months old. Kudos to the quality.

> Battery got weak before 15000 kms, and the weak ness is exhibited while cranking using electric start at traffic signals. The self motor hesitates to fire. Thanks to the auality of the battery offered by TVS on new bikes with a broad minded [frustration] 10,000 kms and a long durational 1 year warranty.

Well, as of now, not that 100% satisfied with the bike. However still managing. Let's see if I get a solution for the front doom vibration and the tight fork in the service scheduled in September 2018, which would complete 2 years of my ownership with this bike.[roll]

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. Maybe rubber packings have become old.

3. Spray Rustoleum clear coat on it before rust spreads too much.

4. Go for Tata green or amaron battery. OEM batteries usually do not last much and its normal to have only 1 yr warranty.

Thread Starter #12

4. Go for Tata green or amaron battery. OEM batteries usually do not last much and its normal to have only 1 yr warranty.
Thanks BHVM.... This was informative.

Today took it to Vijai Motors Avadi for a review on the tight handle bar.

Mechanic Yuvraj told that the steering cone kit needs to be replaced. I was like [surprise].....

How could any steering cone kit in a new bike go off within 18500 kms (the issue started from June 2018 service)?

I checked with my fellow bikers, everyone says it goes off not earlier than 35000 kms, and mine has had only half the life...

OMG it's really pathetic to comment on the quality.

My splendor plus 2005 never had the requirement till the day I sold it, with a 32k mark in the odo. Now the buyer has enjoyed it till 65k in odo and hasnt complained anything on that matter.

Do the new vehicles run out of quality so soon? Quality is no more the paramount in automobile industry today. This is what I can comment.

Now the quotations are :

> TVS mechanic recommends a full replacement, which would cost around Rs. 500 (spare alone) + labour exrta, even in a bike with base warranty of 2 years still active.

> FNG mechanic recommends a cleaning of steering ballres kit and he says it will get sorted out. He quotes a labour of 500.00.

BHVM - kindly advise what I can do now. The handle bar is too tight for me to do a daily 50km ride to office & home (50% b2b traffic and 50% free road).

Thanks

Rustoleum clear coat costs somewhere around 620.00 bucks. I feel a number plate would cost less including stickering [:D]. I mean a GOOD QUALITY number plate I would get in GP Road - Chennai[clap]...

Anyway 45% of the number plate has been rusted, and I am waiting for the last 4 digit of my registration number to get covered with rust to the extent of inviting cops, then I will replace this with a brand new top quality one, like in my wife's Activa (4+ years old, but no single rust point).

bhvm

Honoured Member
Today took it to Vijai Motors Avadi for a review on the tight handle bar.

Mechanic Yuvraj told that the steering cone kit needs to be replaced. I was like [surprise].....

How could any steering cone kit in a new bike go off within 18500 kms (the issue started from June 2018 service)?

I checked with my fellow bikers, everyone says it goes off not earlier than 35000 kms, and mine has had only half the life...

OMG it's really pathetic to comment on the quality.

My splendor plus 2005 never had the requirement till the day I sold it, with a 32k mark in the odo. Now the buyer has enjoyed it till 65k in odo and hasnt complained anything on that matter.

Do the new vehicles run out of quality so soon? Quality is no more the paramount in automobile industry today. This is what I can comment.

Now the quotations are :

> TVS mechanic recommends a full replacement, which would cost around Rs. 500 (spare alone) + labour exrta, even in a bike with base warranty of 2 years still active.

> FNG mechanic recommends a cleaning of steering ballres kit and he says it will get sorted out. He quotes a labour of 500.00.

BHVM - kindly advise what I can do now. The handle bar is too tight for me to do a daily 50km ride to office & home (50% b2b traffic and 50% free road).

Thanks
I usually trust the authorised Service center for issues like these but 18k is really early.
my office bikes are all over 50-60k kms and never had such issue.

one thing you can do is, shoot the email to higher authorities in customer care. as your bike is in warranty,maybe it will have the effect.

their usually reply is wear & tear item, but it's worth a try.

Thread Starter #14
Re: New TVS Victor (2016): 22,000 Kms Ownership Experience

I usually trust the authorised Service center for issues like these but 18k is really early.
my office bikes are all over 50-60k kms and never had such issue.

one thing you can do is, shoot the email to higher authorities in customer care. as your bike is in warranty,maybe it will have the effect.

their usually reply is wear & tear item, but it's worth a try.

Thanks BHVM.

Since I ride 50 kms / day and comfort + safety is my and my family's paramount, my wife has suggested me to check the FNG mechanic's option (cleaning / servicing the ball ras) and going with a complete replacement of the steering cone kit.

I eventually agreed.

But one thing, if I have to end up paying around 1000 bucks from my wallet, I will ensure I make this issue in TVS bikes more transparent in all possible social media and other blogs, to make people aware of the issue.

Perhaps the new TVS Victor bikes are coming out this way or the dealer has pushed a defective bike to me.

Thanks a lot once again BHVM for your continued support.

By the way, I don't see many people having read this blog. Perhaps our members are not interested in a budget two wheeler review...[cry].

Regards
Kumar

Nice review. I didn’t think TVS would have such poor after sales support as I have heard only good things about them. However I guess it depends on the dealer.

Nowadays I drive auto gears scooter (Hero Maestro Edge) for my daily office commute as it is much more comfortable in traffic conditions. However the biggest issue is the reduced mileage. My daily commute is around 20 Kms total.

Top Bottom