New Toyota Fortuner with Automatic Gearbox

Re: Spyshots of New Toyota Fortuner with Automatic Gearbox

@ Umang Even the current Fortuner has projector headlamps.

@ Mastersquall But having a full time 4WD is practically wasting fuel. A base 4x2 variant will be nice to have , not many are going to go for off-roading.
There are a lot of city dwellers who use the fortuner for office commute, 4x2 is practical for them, I feel. And cmon, who honestly takes a 25 lac SUV for off roading, unless he is a millionaire!!!
then why do they buy suv shouldn't muv is better. by 4x4 doesn't always means off-roading . it means if you always travel on bad road . you need car which don't stuck . atleast just sake of suv name they should keep 4x4 part time

then why do they buy suv shouldn't muv is better. by 4x4 doesn't always means off-roading . it means if you always travel on bad road . you need car which don't stuck . atleast just sake of suv name they should keep 4x4 part time
If you are talking about a bad road, all my scorpios were 4x2s & I have taken it to places where a car or a MUV like innova would easily get stuck. But the scorpio dint basically due to high GC, power & huge tyres.

So, for occasional bad roads & office commute, I feel a 4x2 is more practical. I dont mind a 4x2 SUV. If at all, I do buy a Fortuner or Santa Fe or any other SUV, I will buy the 4x2 version (if available), because I know the 4x4 will never be used as in case of my scorpios. Also, in case of 4WD vehicles, if the 4x4 is not used for a long time, it damages the mechanism. So you need to engage 4WD once in a while to keep it working & you are not supposed to use 4WD on a normal flat surface, you risk damaging it!!!

I buy a SUV because I like the high driving position, the stance, the ruggedness, the space, the comfort & ease of driving, especially in cities. I dont intend to take them off roading. Yes, bad roads can be handled easily, thats another reason.

Given a choice, I would opt for a softroader or crossover like Santa Fe, Q5, soon to be launched XUV500 over the Fortuner, Pajero, Montero, etc. because they are more suited to my usage. Frankly, I find it funny to see people using 4x4 SUVs like Fortuner (full time 4WD) for office commutes unless they take it to a hill station or some plantation once in a while!

agree with you .
well I said what I feel suv means but we all buy because we like them not because what they are made for.
Soon true suv will die and cross-bread suv will take over the market

Toyota Fortuner 2012

The new Toyota Fortuner will be launched in India Q1 2012. The new additions which I know as of now is this:-

• Xenon Headlights,
  • Projector Headlamps,
  • New Interiors.

It is good to see that the interiors no longer look like Innova. But more or less, the exterior is a cosmetic change besides the headlights & the grill.

The engine remains the same & in India, Toyota will continue with current 3.0 L engine & won't bring the smaller capacity one here [confused].

The good part though, it will be available in 4x2 variant too, so expect good pricing for this one. I am expecting this version to be priced between 16-17 L.

Check the pics of New Fortuner till then.
Happy Motoring [:)].

Attachments

Re: Toyota Fortuner 2012

I just hope that the ride quality improves as well, and Toyota better react to XUV threat fast otherwise this time around they will suffer bigtime.

Re: Toyota Fortuner 2012

Look at the second pic closely. It has both the manual and auto transmission in the same car!! I believe Fortuner in India only has the manual variant.

Nopes, people here prefer manual because most Indians keep chauffeurs. but the trend is slowly changing. We can see a lot of A/T hatches these days. Lets see if A/T SUVs would be popular as well!

looks good.
do people in india prefer Auto tranny?
Personally, I do prefer auto tans, but then the car too should be like that.
No point in having a auto trans Santro !! The bare min for auto trans would be Honda Civic, anything below it is no-no. Better stick to manual in that case.

Personally, I do prefer auto tans, but then the car too should be like that.
No point in having a auto trans Santro !! The bare min for auto trans would be Honda Civic, anything below it is no-no. Better stick to manual in that case.
I believe Auto is very important atleast in City conditions. No matter what vehicle you drive. People have to compromise their legs for money. Its becoming too difficult to drive in b2b traffic situations nowadays.

The 2 main points not to consider auto in India is,
1. It costs approx a lakh more than the manual.
2. 10 to 15% less fuel efficient than the manual.

If atleast the first one is dearer to the customers, many people will start buying auto transmission vehicles.

I believe Auto is very important atleast in City conditions. No matter what vehicle you drive. People have to compromise their legs for money. Its becoming too difficult to drive in b2b traffic situations nowadays.

The 2 main points not to consider auto in India is,
1. It costs approx a lakh more than the manual.
2. 10 to 15% less fuel efficient than the manual.

If atleast the first one is dearer to the customers, many people will start buying auto transmission vehicles.
i don't agree with 2 point my friend has i10 auto and he get same FE as our i10 even my uncle honda city AT gives very good FE minimum 11-12 to max. 18

i don't agree with 2 point my friend has i10 auto and he get same FE as our i10 even my uncle honda city AT gives very good FE minimum 11-12 to max. 18
I agree that a few cars are good in FE figures. Even if FE is less, we can live with that. But my point is the initial cost of the Auto trans models. If that is reduced, people will prefer to choose that.

Top Bottom