New TATA Vista VX 2012 - First Impressions !!

Thread Starter #1
As the thread title describes that it is not a complete ownership review, but a semi-review giving the first impressions of this car!!

As we have finalised to buy a Vista VX two weeks back as it was meant for my brother-in-law and the delivery happened during my outstation trip last week.

I visited my homn town for "Ganesh immersion" on this Saturday where My brother-in-law and Vista VX both lives[:)]. So I wanted to submit a crisp review of this car with some of my initial feelings Once I drove this car

Since I do not own this and did not do any pre-buying survey, I am only limiting the review to explain you what I felt driving this and for the same reason you may not find this review like other ownership reviews.

Review Goal : To give a feel of Vista VX which would help other prospective buyers of a hatchback

It was very simple pre buying duscussion took place as my brother-in-law told that he would like to buy a hatchback as his first car and without wasting much of time asked me to suggest. Then for his kind of budget and usage I suggested him 3 cars. A punto, A Vista, A Ritz. He has a fair idea on Ritz as I own one and he travelled with me in my car. Then we visited TATA showroom near to us "Tejaswi Motors" Hitech City who has 2 more TATA car show rooms in the city and has also opened a dedicated Fiat service set-up in Hyderabad recently. According to my experience on the TATA dealers of Hyderabad Tejaswi is a better one with sales and service part, hence decided to visit them. During our approach the the experience with the sales guys was fair enough and discussed on the car and its features and pricing. (You can find my experience with this dealer in a separate thread in this section with the name of " TATA dealer Tejaswi motors in hyderabad").

So buying decision took just 10 minutes for us as my brother-in-law just completely impressed with this car and does not even asked for a TD as he is relaying on my TD experience of this car last year and does not even liked to visit Fiat for Punto. So finalised the on road price of Rs.6,48,000/- including the free floor mats. As I explained the delivery took place when I was not in town.

Now comes my experience of driving this, I just tried to put them in bullet points to make your reading bit easy and I compared this with Ritz & Punto wherever I can.

1. The car looks as big as Manza except the extended boot.

2. Interior space is best in class and looks very appealing with 2 tone beige & black combination

3. Rear seating is very much impressive when I compare with Ritz & Punto as the seats are more reclying angle to provide you better support and comfort and rear leg room was awesome even when driving person push his seat completely back. we were 4 people seating on the rear and which fits really good

3. Front leg room is also good, where head room is little less when you compare it with Ritz, but you have height adjustable seat at the same time.

4. Stearing is adjustable type and with audio controls mounted on it. Stearing feeling just perfect while driving.

5. The Odo meter and others placed in center which I feel is just perfect rather than behind the stearing which is not visible at times my Ritz.

6. Entire dash looks very good with integrated 2-DIN audio which delivers some good quality sound. Only thing I did not liked was the black colored dash area where plastic quality looks bit cheap, but fit and finish is really awesome.
It has a seat belt warning and other indications perfectly.

7. Surprisingly the cabin noise is very less when I compare with Ritz. And also while car is running the noise looked less may be because of Bridgestone tyres. The tyre size 175 gives good stability on the road and I did not find it bumpy or body roll while braking in corners.

8. Gears are smooth to shift and initial pick is good. But some how I did not feel that turboKick like Ritz after 2000rpm. There was some knocking of the gear in 2nd when you accelarate-idle-accelarate.

9. Handling is really good, suspension is good than Ritz and will not give you any feel of path holes. we were 6 people on board. It just cruise away after 2000rpm comfortably and the driving and seating comfort is very good. ABS breaking is just perfect as it comes to halt from 120kmph whithin no time.

10. Body built looks to be strong. On the interior the door opening handles pastic quality could have been better. power windows works perfect

11. There is a very good visibility of bonnet area from the driving seat

So on a over all note its complete "VFM" package and If some body looking for a comfortable hatch with good FE and safety aspects then I will suggest Vista in first place which scores with sedan like space inside.

Now photos talk rest of the story. The pics are taken from my Samsung Wave 525, hence their quality is limited.[:D]

Attachments

I am impressed by the amount of features Vista comes with. Thanks to TM. They really got that right. Under the hood, even the engine's got a nice cover (unlike expensive vehicles like Innova).

I feel that wider tires with alloy rims would make the car look even better.

Excellent pics Gurrala74.. Request to share price quote also.
Chrome plating on door (near windows ) and chrome plated door & bumper protectors are they standard or fitted as an accessories. Chrome plating is giving rich look to Car, nice choice of color also.

Congrats to you & your brother-in-law

Nice crisp comparison between Vista and the Ritz[clap], i am sure this thread will help lot's of confused buyer's who are in the market to buy a good hatch back.

Thread Starter #6
Excellent pics Gurrala74.. Request to share price quote also.
Chrome plating on door (near windows ) and chrome plated door & bumper protectors are they standard or fitted as an accessories. Chrome plating is giving rich look to Car, nice choice of color also.

Congrats to you & your brother-in-law
Thank you Sandip.

On road price after discount and bargain came to Rs.6,48,000/-

No extra fittments done, so what ever is shown on the pics are standard offering[:)] with VX model

Thread Starter #7
I am impressed by the amount of features Vista comes with. Thanks to TM. They really got that right. Under the hood, even the engine's got a nice cover (unlike expensive vehicles like Innova).

I feel that wider tires with alloy rims would make the car look even better.
Yeah, if we have to compare with any other brand with these many features, I am sure it would be somewhere around 8Lakhs[:)]

Yeah you are right about alloys and wider tyres, since this car is used by my brother in law in a town, so it will be his decision on them. He will do the immediately required things like leather seat covers, reverse parking sensors.

Gurrala74, nice review and pictures.

Vista is gleaming.

Features in Vista and Manza are impressive compared to the price.

Engine cover of Manza and Vista are the best amoung all the cars using FIAT MJ Engine. This cover make the engine look neat and premium.

Awesome review RK Saab.Now a days,Vista's rims are made in silver color these days.Previous Vistas rims are in black till February Last,I guess.

Our TAI'ian Appu had silver rims on his Vista.

Shame on Tata for cost cutting the color rims into black.

Anyways,Congrats to your B-I-L for his Vista.

And,BTW,6.48 L seems to be VFM for Vista VX.

Good move by Tata after discounts.

Nice review guralla.
Very few manufacturers offer such VFM product. And interior space and comfort is the department where a TATA is unbeatable.

Nice and crisp review friend, Pics are really good. Only problem is that blue "D" sticker on fuel lid, replace the same with some good one. [;)]

Btw I am surprised to see the amount of features in middle variant car. Kudos to TATA.[clap]

Thread Starter #13
Gurrala74, nice review and pictures.

Vista is gleaming.

Features in Vista and Manza are impressive compared to the price.

Engine cover of Manza and Vista are the best amoung all the cars using FIAT MJ Engine. This cover make the engine look neat and premium.
Yes, I was really impressed with this engine cover which makes entire area neat and clean and gives a premium feeling.

Awesome review RK.Congrats to your B-I-L.Vista in red is looking very beautiful.
Thank you Xover

Awesome review RK Saab.Now a days,Vista's rims are made in silver color these days.Previous Vistas rims are in black till February Last,I guess.

Our TAI'ian Appu had silver rims on his Vista.

Shame on Tata for cost cutting the color rims into black.

Anyways,Congrats to your B-I-L for his Vista.

And,BTW,6.48 L seems to be VFM for Vista VX.

Good move by Tata after discounts.
Thank MS.

Nice review guralla.
Very few manufacturers offer such VFM product. And interior space and comfort is the department where a TATA is unbeatable.
Thank you Nozzle

Hey friends I forgot few good features, what to do this car comes with bundles of features[:)]

The intigrated audio has a bluetooth facility. I tried it just pairs in few seconds and start playing the songs from the phone and take call and you will be amazed with voice clarity as I was speaking to my mother. Then later on I told her that I was connected to the bluetooth in the car and was speaking on that and she surprisingly said that she could not find any difference from speaking directly with phone[:D]

Other two were 1) rear defoger 2) rear glass wiper.

If I remember some more features I will let you know[clap]

Thread Starter #15
If all these features are in VX, then what is left over for ZX version? Only Alloys and may be air bags??
Yes, You are right[:)] !!. As I feel Airbags is a subjective thing, but at times it might be life saver. Alloys are not so great, as if one wants them, can get really beautiful ones aftermarket

Top Bottom