All-New Tata Safari (Gravitas) Launched

Thread Starter #76
View attachment 284376

New Grill design with Tri-Arrow design inserts of the all new TATA SAFARI 2021 to differentiate from Harrier
And later on tri arrow will become bi arrow and then mono arrow.
It's harrier its gravitas it's safari... Wow now so much confusion its harrier or safari.. let it pass we look at rear and then identify whether it's harrier or safari.

I mean you add chrome insert to distinguish between harrier and safari?

I am sorry I have being bashing tata just purely for my love for safari is very high, and my hopes to see more boxy safari on lines of discovery 4 are ground to dust.
IMG_20210108_232614.jpg

Now, Well let me speak from tata point of view as well

When Ertiga and xl6 sell why not these
When brezza and urban cruiser, glanza and baleno why not harrier and safari
Well only one reason safari is brand which for me is worth much more than any of above brands from those OEMs.

Eye candy ?

2104997d1610163610t-tata-gravitas-h7x-suv-edit-branded-safari-img20210109wa0029.jpg

Source: Link

Some Distinction is there.
Use of old steel wheels from Safari Dicor era
Different Grill
Side profile
Rear end
OH ...roof rails

Tata --- Safari brand need more differentiation[think]

Well only one reason safari is brand which for me is worth much more than any of above brands from those OEMs.
I understand your disappointment. But after what TATA did with the Safari last time, aka Storme, calling a facelift, all new, although with new chassis, this is like positive new direction altogether.

Look at it this way, Had TATA launched the Hx7 as the Safari, and then launched the Hx5 as the Safari sport or Safari coupe, I think this disappointment wouldn't have been there at all. TATA, looks like, did a course correction. This product line is in line with some international brands, like GLE and GLE coupe. X5 and X6. Safari and Harrier, for TATA there is not much economical wiggle room to completely change face, they have to work with their whatever little they can.

What TATA can do is, make the Harrier more sporty to differentiate them.

PS. I am in no way defending TATA. I am a TATA fanboy, but I think, I am objective aswell [:D]. I feel TATA needs to move fast into the next generation and a monocoque Safari is the work in right direction.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #79
I understand your disappointment. But after what TATA did with the Safari last time, aka Storme, calling a facelift, all new, although with new chassis, this is like positive new direction altogether.

Look at it this way, Had TATA launched the Hx7 as the Safari, and then launched the Hx5 as the Safari sport or Safari coupe, I think this disappointment wouldn't have been there at all. TATA, looks like, did a course correction. This product line is in line with some international brands, like GLE and GLE coupe. X5 and X6. Safari and Harrier, for TATA there is not much economical wiggle room to completely change face, they have to work with their whatever little they can.

What TATA can do is, make the Harrier more sporty to differentiate them.

PS. I am in no way defending TATA. I am a TATA fanboy, but I think, I am objective aswell [:D]. I feel TATA needs to move fast into the next generation and a monocoque Safari is the work in right direction.
I guess me too am a Tata fanboy however I am disappointed with the fact that they missed out great opportunity for safari re launch.
The car itself is great and I love it. The underpinning, the ride handling is top notch. But just giving chrome treatment to differentiate between harrier and safari is not done. It's an insult to Safari. I mean look at xl6 and Ertiga. Essentially they are same. But look how different are the front fascia. Why could tata do it? Don't they have capability guess not infact they have the best design team in country. This past minute hapazard naming to safari has what ticked me off.

Its market research and a bit of panic, considering the new XUV and MG Hector facelift are in the race. Covid diluted the 1st mover advantage TATA would have had.
The Safari name has lot of recall, not only among enthusiasts but among the political class as well.
For them, its only three cars, the Innova, the Safari/ Scorpio and the mighty Fortuner in order of hierarchy [frustration].
They dont know or are least bothered about LR pedigree or the fine nuances that TATA is known for. Its that "not so aware segment" that TATA is targeting with this last minute change of name.
But TATA, you know the capabilites of the earlier Safari, if you want to call anything a safari, it has to come with 4*4.
Please get one as soon as possible.
If you notice the sales of the Harrier, the camo and dark editions dont come with any discount, says a lot about your clientele. Something for TATA marketing to ponder.
Please dont go overboard with reclaim your life ads, the enthusiats will always know this is nothing but a seven seat harrier.. Period.
Tata, your products are like those blockbuster movies which have a slow start but gain ground by sheer strength of a good script.
Your script is good, whats in a name??

Latest scoop images from Gagan Choudhary's insta.
IMG-20210109-WA0000.jpg
zoom in the second pic to see the panoramic sunroof.
Wonder how did they manage to fit a massive sunroof on the stepped roof of the Safari!
Screenshot_20210111-152643.jpg

Also, in some latest test mules spotted, rear disc brakes.

Looks like most people are having their wishes granted.

View attachment 284521
H5x/H7x clay model showing safari embossing on the doors. This was the image I posted 1 year back in the thread : " is tata trying to kill safari brand". Post #117.

So tata is saying right.H5x/ H7x was originally conceptualised as safari only.
Thanks for sharing this. We are human being and we want everything. People wants 4x4 as its Safari relaunched but how many will actually buy 4x4 version?
Just see what happened to Hexa, it had everything (4x4, Automatic, comfortable ride, you name it) but lost battle in sales figures.
When I first saw Buzzard, first thing came on my mind was its SAFARI Reborn. Later Tata announced that Indian version will have different naming than Buzzard and I knew it will be SAFARI for sure but they came with Gravitas. It was quite sad moment but anyways its a Harrier with 2 more seats hence we already knew it will drive well and have that imposing stance.
However Its SAFARI now, so those plus points are still there and 4x4 may come in future updates. This will be best vehicle for people who wants proper 7 seater.
Actually Tata must come with 4x4 option coz I don’t see any vehicle from Tata stable with 4x4 option.

Thread Starter #90
Thanks for sharing this. We are human being and we want everything. People wants 4x4 as its Safari relaunched but how many will actually buy 4x4 version?
Just see what happened to Hexa, it had everything (4x4, Automatic, comfortable ride, you name it) but lost battle in sales figures.
When I first saw Buzzard, first thing came on my mind was its SAFARI Reborn. Later Tata announced that Indian version will have different naming than Buzzard and I knew it will be SAFARI for sure but they came with Gravitas. It was quite sad moment but anyways its a Harrier with 2 more seats hence we already knew it will drive well and have that imposing stance.
However Its SAFARI now, so those plus points are still there and 4x4 may come in future updates. This will be best vehicle for people who wants proper 7 seater.
Actually Tata must come with 4x4 option coz I don’t see any vehicle from Tata stable with 4x4 option.
Well, I have only.one issue,
The vehicle itself is very good and loaded as well. It may also get the at, and 6speed manual gearbox, may be the pano sunroof, connected cartech which is all good and really makes the vehicle desirable. However that vehicle will have tough time going against similarly priced or lower priced competition.

Had that been harrier family I still take it but then you put safari in the mix and everything seems so wrong.
Gravitas could have been elder sibling of harrier and would ride on Harriers success.
Safari is altogether different proposition, we donot see it in harrier family, no distinct identity which the brand Safari demands the least, interiors are same as harrier, front fascia same as harrier toe doesn't do justice for brand Safari. I mean look at Maruti how thry have made xl6 and Ertiga look different when essentially it's the same vehicle. The least tata could have done is provide a different bumper design not just chrome treatment for safari.

Future seems really not so promising for brand safari and harrier.
Harrier may get feature deletion to justify safari and price difference. Now is the time to get harrier.
Safari having a tough time fighting with loaded hector and xuv500

Top Bottom