New Tata Nano 2012 (Pearl White) Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #18
thanx to all

about sony xplode, yes this model is not coming now in the market. this was fitted in my old maruti. when i booked my nano, i checked player from tata (built for nano) and it was nothing in that. Not CD nor usb port. only SD card can be inserted and price is 8600/- with 2 desi 4" speakers[lol].
so i decided to take xplode out from maruti [;)]. i bought maruti dec 2010 (32k) and sold 31 dec. 2011 (28k) after taking xplode out from it[:D].
and hatch is not openable but boot space enough that the woofer box made for maruti can be fit in nano.

Attachments

manpreetvicky: Congrats on your buy. Nice colour. The BS4 models come with slight changes in the ECU/exhaust to comply with Bharat Stage 4 emission norms. Nothing to worry about. Keep enjoying your car and just forget about this BS3/4//5 thing.

One more doubt all Nano owners, the front tire 135\70 and rear one is 155\65 and again spare wheel is 135\70. My question here is if any of the rear wheel is punctured will the height of the spare tire be unequal ? How is it managed..:stupid::help:

I guess cost cutting again..

lxi.

Suspended
Nice cutie there buddy. Looks beautiful in white. Actually, this is the first i have seen in white [:)] and is looking better than most other colours. Your 2012 has got the same head unit as mine (my alto has sony gtx270s).

And why all the pictures are blurred from the right? I guess some problem with your cam!

Anyways, any upgrades planned, to be frank, like this one

Jatin10001535732.jpg

[;)][lol]

thanx sam,

my nano done 300 kms yet. got 17.5kmpl in initial, and now 20 kmpl[:D]. hope it'll increase after 1st service...[:)]
Hi,

Many congratulation for the purchase of your Khushiyon Ki Chaabi

Welcome to Tata Motors Family.

Nice colour of your car and decent average you are getting, yes it will increase but after around 2000kms or so.

Kindly follow a proper Run in period so that engine will last longer than usual.

Maintain it properly, cleaning, servicing and all.

Have a happy ownership of this vehicle.
Drive safe

One more doubt all Nano owners, the front tire 135\70 and rear one is 155\65 and again spare wheel is 135\70. My question here is if any of the rear wheel is punctured will the height of the spare tire be unequal ? How is it managed..
Hi Varun, the overall height of both front and back tyres is the same, since front tyre sidewall of 70 mm is higher than rear sidewall of 65 mm.But since rear is wider so in actual terms overall height fall the same.So no worries what so ever in any scenario of puncture.[:)]

Nope it is called innovative engineering.Nano is a rear wheel drive tall boy car, so having a fatter rear tyre enhances its balance and counters any chances of toppling over.Hope you understand now[;)].

Thread Starter #27
thanx frnds

You sold the Maruti quite early. Any specific reason for that if you don’t mind sharing.
Dear i sold it after using it 1 year. Reason, actually it an fully accidental car (i didn't know bcoz i didn't take any mechanic with me while purchasing it). I just came to know it when i went to exchange it in tata showroom. so they refuse to exchange it even for 15k [surprise]

One more doubt all Nano owners, the front tire 135\70 and rear one is 155\65 and again spare wheel is 135\70. My question here is if any of the rear wheel is punctured will the height of the spare tire be unequal ? How is it managed..

Varun, i think you got your answer from the Xover. it does not matter to fit front tyre in rear, bcoz radius is same.

Nice cutie there buddy. Looks beautiful in white. Actually, this is the first i have seen in white and is looking better than most other colours. Your 2012 has got the same head unit as mine (my alto has sony gtx270s).

And why all the pictures are blurred from the right? I guess some problem with your cam!
thanx buddy

burr is just bcoz lamination of my mobile damaged by my little angel.[glasses]

Hi,

Many congratulation for the purchase of your Khushiyon Ki Chaabi
Welcome to Tata Motors Family.
Nice colour of your car and decent average you are getting, yes it will increase but after around 2000kms or so.
Kindly follow a proper Run in period so that engine will last longer than usual.
Maintain it properly, cleaning, servicing and all.
Have a happy ownership of this vehicle.
Drive safe
thanx buddy...

now i have some question:-
[confused]
1. should i go for front and rear steel guards for safety purpose. OR it is ok without that.
2. and about best floor matting in my nano. one of my frnds suggest me that i should buy a full piece of mat (length as per car length and width is std. like 3.25 feet) and just cut it according to car flooring. in this way we can save original black cloth from more dust and damaging.
should i do this or go for a std. mats.

thanx

Hi Varun, the overall height of both front and back tyres is the same, since front tyre sidewall of 70 mm is higher than rear sidewall of 65 mm.But since rear is wider so in actual terms overall height fall the same.So no worries what so ever in any scenario of puncture.[:)]

Nope it is called innovative engineering.Nano is a rear wheel drive tall boy car, so having a fatter rear tyre enhances its balance and counters any chances of toppling over.Hope you understand now[;)].
Thanks for the info, if we upgrade the front tires to the same size of the rear ones, will it create any problem..[confused]

Congrats on your Nano buddy.

About your queries:

1. Nano will look super weird with those things , i won't suggest it.

2. The thing you mentioned it will done at TATA A.S.S itself , i also suggest do it. It will be very easy when you clean your car. On top of that use any normal rubber floor mat.

Thanks for the info, if we upgrade the front tires to the same size of the rear ones, will it create any problem..[confused]
Yes in Nano it may during sharp turns.Buddy don't you have any trust in Tata engineering, if yes then just chuck these worries out of mind and relish this diminutive masterpiece from Tata.

@ manpreet

Go for 3M gloss black roof coating, it will turn nano into smoking hot small car.And avoid bull bars front or back, they are extremely dangerous for your cars' safety as well as pedestrian safety.

Top Bottom