• Tata Indica Vista

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Maruti Suzuki Swift

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters

350Z

Core Team
Re: Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift

The only reason if I will ever choose a Swift over Vista would be due to lack of professionalism at Tata Motors and not-so-modern design of Indica. Sure, Tata Vista looks solid but it is more or less still based on the decade old shape. Otherwise, unarguably it is definitely more spacious and roomier than Swift. On the other hand, Swift scores for its cheerful design inside out and unshakable trust of product from Maruti Suzuki.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #17

On the other side, when I sit behind the wheels, Swift wins.
driving position of swift is commendable with quick slot gear shifts which is great.
leg room and pedal position were also very good.

vista has height adjustable pilot seats which helps great for short height people .

i dislike tata and looks of vista are not up to date..hmm so its swift for me!!
both swift and vista looks bulky oversize to me.

Swift have greater fit and finish with less panel gaps visible making it look more perfect.

oem tire in vista is bigger which makes it less fuel efficient but road grip is alright .

This is turning out to be an interesting read! As now voting options have been added, can I suggest everyone to leave with their take on both cars and where they score or lack?

I have voted for Swift, as I drive my cars and Swift is a better car to drive with better gear box, steering setup and cornering.

PS - I am a proud Swift owner, do understand the bias [:)]

Well my vote goes to swift.
When my family was on hunt for hatch,I suggested vista(that time it had lauched that anniversary model),but then it was rejected.Recently my cousin cae with a vista qjd,though my mother said the rear was just excellent,but i the driving position,gearbox,pedals was not on par with swift and the clutch felt extremely spring like.After this my mother(just few days back) when me,cousin,mother were discussing about cars told I told to buy that vista(scolds me)!
Swift is japnese car with very good reliabilty,good handling,excellent front seats,good steering,very good ergonomics,maruti ass,looks.
Swift has also poor rear seat comfort(due to that stiff suspension),less space,but this stiff suspension I think helps in good high speed stability.
Vista has very good ride quality in city i think,my question is how does it behave after say 100kmph.
What I have heard is vista go t one of the best rear seat comfort in its class,thanks to that space.

Thread Starter #20

Vista has very good ride quality in city i think,my question is how does it behave after say 100kmph.
What I have heard is vista go t one of the best rear seat comfort in its class,thanks to that space.
Indica vista is fine upto 140kmph on straight road but on curves and turns it is scary due to too body roll- ill affects of soft suspensions. (somebody has run it at 190kmph with petes tuning box).
In city it is incredible for the ride quality. you can almost ignore most of the pot holes on the road ,you wont even know when you passed over it.
definitely not a drivers car, best as chauffeur driven.

Features of swift seems to be bit ironical to vista, so it is more a fun car to drive .
In my opinion swift did not make up to drivers car as most of people mention it, at least i did not get that heavenly car feeling while sitting in pilot seat. it felt like upgraded wagon-r or something similar but well made .

Well my vote goes to swift.
When my family was on hunt for hatch,I suggested vista(that time it had lauched that anniversary model),but then it was rejected.Recently my cousin cae with a vista qjd,though my mother said the rear was just excellent,but i the driving position,gearbox,pedals was not on par with swift and the clutch felt extremely spring like.After this my mother(just few days back) when me,cousin,mother were discussing about cars told I told to buy that vista(scolds me)!
Swift is japnese car with very good reliabilty,good handling,excellent front seats,good steering,very good ergonomics,maruti ass,looks.
Swift has also poor rear seat comfort(due to that stiff suspension),less space,but this stiff suspension I think helps in good high speed stability.
Edit:The vista qjd was taken on rent.

@jayadev
Punto's front seat has some feel to it(what i have felt).That tilted centre console.This same cousin says the driving position punto is sporty.

Thread Starter #23

@jayadev
Punto's front seat has some feel to it(what i have felt).That tilted centre console.This same cousin says the driving position punto is sporty.
Yes it does have very inspiring feel. The sitting position ,steering wheel position ,and centre console position overall driver remains tightly glued into cockpit- a definite bliss . yet it have some serious pitfalls like extremely awkward clutch placement ,outside view is least traffic friendly.

After comparing the prices of the new Swift n Vista.
Tata Indica Vista Aura + Quadrajet Price in Mumbai: Rs. 6,78,221/- On Road
Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel ZDi Price in Mumbai: Rs. 7,34,081/- On Road
Vista is cheaper by Rs. 55,680/-
I am trying to find out what extra things I will be getting in 55K

Few of the mostly discussed points
  • Japanese car – money will go to Japan
  • Reliability- If TATA is not reliable then all cabbies would have switched to some Jap brand.
  • Engine, Technology – it’s the same Multijet diesel
  • Looks – Subjective
  • Resell- you save 55K now only.Five years down the line you may get 50K less as compared
  • ASS- 50-50 TATA and Maruti has equivalent service network
  • Space – Vista n Vista only
  • Ride ,handling ,comfort all other things are not satisfying in terms of cost.
If one would be getting nothing much visible and measurable why one should pay 55K hard earned money on Swift.

Last edited:

@powerpacked
resale.ask jayadev about the resale value of vista and compare with swift D.
What have heard is new swift has better ride,plastics.
My question is is vista completely niggle free car.ask jayadev.
Edit:In swift you get 15ich alloys,i think a better car to drive,better plastics-gearbox(i think)

Last edited:

I'll go for the new swift.Even if both cars are having same engine,the Swift is much better than Indica is really fun to drive.

@ point_city96
Jaydev switched to Punto not swift. AFAIK his Vista was not five years old.

@dodge_v1per
Though Swift is manufactured in India but profit share flows to Japan.

Thread Starter #29

What have heard is new swift has better ride,plastics.
only time will tell how good.Regarding ride everybody said swift has very good handelling and ride but when new swift arrived I hear previous swift ride and handelling was bad which is adressed in new swift.. very strange .
My question is is vista completely niggle free car.ask jayadev.
I had experienced clutch failure which was rectified within hours FOC no unlimited waiting or other hassles . it rattled and plastics were of very cheap quality.

Edit:In swift you get 15ich alloys,i think a better car to drive,better plastics-gearbox(i think)
That is in higher end version only which for price does not seem to justify enough.
rather i would buy lower end version change the wheels of my like plunge in a killing ICE and be merry. but here some other car make sense.

resale.ask jayadev about the resale value of vista and compare with swift D.
I got bad value for my vista an year back but it is improving as car is getting popular.

I sold off my vista in haste just to grab punto90hp in showroom. so i got price which dealer would give me. (i.e i bought it for 5.25 lakh and sold it off for 4.0lakh 12kkm on odo 1 year.) I heard dealer sold it to a Doctor for 4.75 lakh with 3 year warranty.

1 year old indica vista is selling at 4.25 to 4.9 lakh at present though quadrajet version is rare to find..

edit:mine was quadrajet aura.

Last edited:

I sold off my vista in haste just to grab punto90hp in showroom. so i got price which dealer would give me. (i.e i bought it for 5.25 lakh and sold it off for 4.0lakh 12kkm on odo 1 year.) I heard dealer sold it to a Doctor for 4.75 lakh with 3 year warranty.

1 year old indica vista is selling at 4.25 to 4.9 lakh at present though quadrajet version is rare to find..

edit:mine was quadrajet aura.
Isn’t it good resale.

Top Bottom