New Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift

Which Hatchback?

• Tata Indica Vista

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Maruti Suzuki Swift

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters
What I could understand from the post is, if Tata compromises on an important part like engine then think about the rest of the car? They most likely wont be built to last.

I think it is justified that vista loses against swift. But I do wish that one day some worthy car replaces swift from it's current position.

@ Crazy Cat: Thank you for understanding the context!

We have read enough issues cropping up in the Dicor & now we know why. Its a poorly designed engine which cannot cope up with extra loads. Sometimes talking to such industry guys really help.

Buddy with all due respect what is the context of your post in this thread.Vista uses petrol and diesel engines supplied by fiat,so no point in bashing dicor or tdi in this thread.Please talk something that is relevant to the thread.

THANKS

Dont you know that the Vista comes with Tdi engines also?

If you do feel that its irrelevant, please report my post to the MODS and ask them to move my post to a relevant thread. Thanks.

I got a call from a Tata vendor for feedback.

This company has been appointed by Tata to get feedback from their customers on the overall performance of the vehicles and what improvements are expected by the customers after their first hand experience. I hope this is genuine and Tata's will not only make note of the suggestions but also plan some action based on the inputs.

Have booked time with the surveyor for Saturday this week. Will be glad to add suggestions from fellow TAIans.

I got a call from a Tata vendor for feedback.

This company has been appointed by Tata to get feedback from their customers on the overall performance of the vehicles and what improvements are expected by the customers after their first hand experience. I hope this is genuine and Tata's will not only make note of the suggestions but also plan some action based on the inputs.

Have booked time with the surveyor for Saturday this week. Will be glad to add suggestions from fellow TAIans.
My suggestions would be:

1. Bring Manza dashboard in Vista.

2. Better handling by using front and back anti-roll bars,without compromising its carpet ride.

3. Add more feedback in steering at higher speeds.

4.Increase boot space just a little bit.

5. Improve the back looks.

EDIT: One more point which I forgot to add was:

Add Manza's 90 ps engine on the top variant ZX as option and with better handling,viola we could have a new hot hatch of ours:biggrin:

Last edited:
My suggestions would be:

2. Better handling by using front and back anti-roll bars,without compromising its carpet ride.

Add Manza's 90 ps engine on the top variant ZX as option and with better handling,viola we could have a new hot hatch of ours:biggrin:
Add a more proportionate look. Those awfully big headlamps is out of sync with the rest of the car, it looks nice though.

Add a more proportionate look. Those awfully big headlamps is out of sync with the rest of the car, it looks nice though.
Thanks Crazycat. I will mention this for sure!

My suggestions would be:

Thanks Xover,

1. Manza dashboard in Vista would do wonders
2. Hope they gonna take this point very seriously and improve faster

90ps Vista would be fun with improvements in rear looks. Similar to what they have portrayed with S2 concept in Delhi autoExpo.

I would also be suggesting to improve the rear bumper sizing as the current one is very disproportionate at both the ends (Rear Right & Rear Left) The curvatures do not go well with placement of wheels. Even good mud-flaps fail to protect the car from dirt when driven through slight water spread on the road. Also, if you observe there is lot of dust accumulation above panels just above the rear wheels (I do not know what to call the panels just above rear wheels)

Thread Starter #118
If only they can show and prove there a.s.s is also better then maruti would be great what say ?[evil]
I dont think for Tata vista it is a far away dream. but they are just not at it yet. they are all scattered all over.

Btw it is not so easy to achieve a 1000 cars a day achievement for a company like Tata from Industry point of view.

Unlike Maruthi, Tata has commercial vehicle as well as military vehicle, where as Maruti caters only to a very single focused consumer.

I still prefer Indica Vista over Maruti swift for many reasons.[embarass]

Please highlight or quote where I have mentioned that Vista comes with Dicor engines. Please note on what context Dicor has been mentioned.

Take it with a pinch of salt buddy !
Just curious , What is that 70hp TDI engine otherwise called. isn't it part of same sequel ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think for Tata vista it is a far away dream. but they are just not at it yet. they are all scattered all over.

Btw it is not so easy to achieve a 1000 cars a day achievement for a company like Tata from Industry point of view.

Unlike Maruthi, Tata has commercial vehicle as well as military vehicle, where as Maruti caters only to a very single focused consumer.

I still prefer Indica Vista over Maruti swift for many reasons.[embarass]
I know you had some tough time with vista but I think most of the users are not reporting any problem . For you the car was not upto the mark or the tata a.s.s was something which left your mouth sour inspite of being a good car ?

Thread Starter #120
I know you had some tough time with vista but I think most of the users are not reporting any problem . For you the car was not upto the mark or the tata a.s.s was something which left your mouth sour inspite of being a good car ?
From my point of view I wont blame the ASS guys only but the mother company itself.

f you want it clear just ask for an opinion about Tata car compared to other brands from unauthorized service centers .

Mechanically Tata Vista and Manza is almost Fiat Punto and Linea Platform and they are mechanically sound in performance too. but those additional tweaks from Tata to make it their own is what is sour thing. say the fit and finish,and quality of critical parts.

Top Bottom