Which Hatchback?

• Tata Indica Vista

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Maruti Suzuki Swift

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters
Re: Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift

Spot on.Agree.
Vista lags only because its 'TATA', and so many myths about ass (better/worst/bad/good)

Modes: Please change Title to New Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift
as Vista facelift is here
IMO if we jolt down the specs features and prices of New Swift here then we can compare it with New Vista.

My intention to ask members to figure out the diffrane between OLD and NEW Swift to understand whether is it,
Old wine in New bottle .

Always guys, quality and price are directly proportional... Maruti is also a good brand, but I really feel the cars are little bit highly prices, Tata gives most of the VFM cars in Indian market, see the attached sheet for swift vs new Vista comparison..

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
You have done a remarkable effort for that PDF. Thanks for sharing with us and I’m sure it will help many buyers out here to compare both the cars easily.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Suspension was something which was not good with old swift. I am not sure how it would turn out in the new one. I have one for last few years and I can tell you that ride at rear is not good at all.
whereas Indica scores majorly in cabin space, cheap spares, and rear seat comfort.

If you compare engine performance for both (in diesel), swift comes out more driveable and peppier.

If the car is to be driven by the owner swift is the option. New one looks pretty good and slick too.
Yes,car is to be driven by the owner swift is the option, but why not I vista

yes,swift is the option for owners driving,but why not I vista

Suspension was something which was not good with old swift. I am not sure how it would turn out in the new one. I have one for last few years and I can tell you that ride at rear is not good at all.
whereas Indica scores majorly in cabin space, cheap spares, and rear seat comfort.

If you compare engine performance for both (in diesel), swift comes out more driveable and peppier.
If the car is to be driven by the owner swift is the option. New one looks pretty good and slick too.[yes,because TATA Ivista gives the taxi image,i think car savy owners dont like such image after lot of money is put in]

Last edited by a moderator:
if the car is to be driven by owner himself than Swift is better than Ivista,because Ivista has an Taxi image, TATA manufacture vehicle keeping view in commercial utilization of vehicle.

Oh yes gearshifts will be hard and tough in all TATA cars and clutch wont be soft like what we see in Japenese and European cars. But that hasn't caused any discomfort to me while driving. TATA has improved a lot but they still have a long way to go when it comes to clutch and gearbox. Even my Aria's gearbox is crude and rough , even a Santro has better gearbox!
I agree with cooldhaya.. I used to drive my friends Vista (clocked 35000kms), 4 yrs old, he maintains it really well, though i felt the clutch and gear box is hard.. but after sometime i get used to it..

Correct ! Powerpacked.
I did the analysis for around 2 months, being a techie I know the facts.
Whoever feels that Tata vehicle are best suited as Taxi then I agree with them, But If they are thinkng this in a wise way then they will realise why the Poor Taxi guy put his hard earned money in Tata Vehicle? He wants reliability, Lower ownership cost and comfort for the passengers who are the only rear seat passngers. Also the price tag and Fuel economy. Those guys who gives a weired look to Tata vehicle as Cheee....Taxi should flaunt their money on Merc or BMW, those who call Tata vehicles a taxi vehicle what they buy for themselves? is there a Huge diffrenec in price?? with other brands? IF one can buy a Tata vehicle for personal use he should be able to buy any other brand with 50 K range, its not only the price is depending factor to show off. Those who knows the car market and their individual needs better will always buy on their own analysis. I dont see any problem in Buying Tata Vehicle and feel proud to own one![cheers]

well said drivetech4 [clap]

Which is a better car, VISTA any day, why?lets see:
1] A car is a vehicle that is supposed to carry a person or his family in utmost comfort,now compare these two cars in this prime area and THE VISTA leaves NEW SWIFT way behind,if you dont believe me then go and take a test ride of both cars and you will know what am I talking about.Even thoug the new swift is longer than previous gen swift yet it feels cramped at the back seat,hell even my INDICA v2 feels more airy at the back.

2]Now talk about the engine/gearbox and indeed swift is more peppy than vista with slick gearbox,but than the downside of the new swift is drivability where it is beaten hands down by the NEW VISTA;what IT means that even in congested traffic you can drive VISTA all day in 2nd/3rd gear while swift will tire you down as it would warrant freequent gear changes.THE clutch and gearbox of VISTA has drastically improved in its NEW AVTAR.

3]VISTA is a heavier car than swift which means(GOD FORGIVE ME FOR MENTIONING IT)IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT more safety for your family members, also though outside width of both these cars might be the same but from inside VISTA is way WIDER than the swift which means in an emergency crash more chances of you coming out safe in VISTA than swift.

4]Now lets talk about looks though new swift is definetly more curvey than the VISTA , but get yourself a SUNSHINE YELLOW vista and the folk on the red light that has got his SWIFT VDI WHITE would feel just a tad jealous(you know what I MEAN)

5)FINALLY VISTA has lot more features than the swift and diesel top end ZX is 40,000 rs cheap than swift diesel top end ZDI,add to that low tata spares and maintenance and THE MIGHTY SUZUKI SWIFT IS SLAUGHTERD BUT BARRING SOMETHING ABOUT US INDIANS(WAS IT HERD MENTALITY?)

THE XOVER

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
1] A car is a vehicle that is supposed to carry a person or his family in utmost comfort,now compare these two cars in this prime area and THE VISTA leaves NEW SWIFT way behind,if you dont believe me then go and take a test ride of both cars and you will know what am I talking about.Even thoug the new swift is longer than previous gen swift yet it feels cramped at the back seat,hell even my INDICA v2 feels more airy at the back.

Is comfort the only criteria

2]Now talk about the engine/gearbox and indeed swift is more peppy than vista with slick gearbox,but than the downside of the new swift is drivability where it is beaten hands down by the NEW VISTA;what IT means that even in congested traffic you can drive VISTA all day in 2nd/3rd gear while swift will tire you down as it would warrant freequent gear changes.THE clutch and gearbox of VISTA has drastically improved in its NEW AVTAR.

the swift is no lambo that it will have every ligament in your leg ache

3]VISTA is a heavier car than swift which means(GOD FORGIVE ME FOR MENTIONING IT)IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT more safety for your family members, also though outside width of both these cars might be the same but from inside VISTA is way WIDER than the swift which means in an emergency crash more chances of you coming out safe in VISTA than swift.

Is a heavier car safer?

5)FINALLY VISTA has lot more features than the swift and diesel top end ZX is 40,000 rs cheap than swift diesel top end ZDI,add to that low tata spares and maintenance and THE MIGHTY SUZUKI SWIFT IS SLAUGHTERD BUT BARRING SOMETHING ABOUT US INDIANS(WAS IT HERD MENTALITY?)

A lot more features like???

THE XOVER

My replies in bold

AMG said:
Is comfort the only criteria
Other three common criteria are ride quality, stability, space.

In all these criteria, VISTA scores over Swift.

Swift engine is peppy - ok. However Both cars use same engine but tuned differently (gearing ratios also differ) and VISTA has more torque and pulling power.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #75
My replies in bold
I am Glad to see AMG back!!!

Having owned a Vista for exactly for one year I would say Indica vista is far better than swift in many things.

vista have much better brakes .

Vista is more spacious and comfy than any other car.

More tough build than swift. i have done a close analysis on vista and swift and i am sure chances of survival is little bit higher in vista or Tata car.

But end of the day the fact where vista gets beaten up against any other brand is unending niggles and issues which ASS guys takes it "eyes" wide open.

Some of the issues in tata cars are unknown to automotive technology

Last edited:

Top Bottom