New Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift

Which Hatchback?

• Tata Indica Vista

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Maruti Suzuki Swift

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters
No problem mate it is actually things like this which pulls a manufacturer down. Till now you were under the impression that Safari seats were not comfortable , there are many people like you who have wrong impressions about TATA. The first thing which people say about TATA is unreliable ,cheap quality and poor A.S.S.

Yes TATA cars face those small niggles but they never break down on roads. Now how many times we have seen Bmw's and Skoda's breaking down on roads? Plenty! I have personally seen many European vehicles being towed to the workshop. We have owned a Sierra , Safari and Aria now which spans upto 15 years and not till now we have faced a single breakdown where the car needs to be towed. Yes the Interiors looks cheap but they are improving with every new model and facelift , TATA has come a long way forward! TATA make cars in India for India. Have we ever seen any TATA car having bad ride quality or suspension or any serious GC issues , none! They have been making cars which suits our roads more.

Last edited:
Jayadev,
My dad's friend who bought tata indigo sold after few months or a year(I dont remember),the reason was he developed a lot of body pain.He bought wagon r and is in love with it.
Few days back when one of our friend drove safari,he too developed a lot of pain.My cousin ad his dad felt a lot of pain when they drove india vista qjd taken on rent (they drive santro and sometimes innova).This cousin told one of his relative who took nano on rent too felt a lot pain.After these incidents my other asked why cant tata make an effortless and fatigue free cars(she actual told sophisticated).
I dont think popularity increases resale.Ford fiesta D had pretty good resale where as ikon had poor resale.Maruti a star too has i think a little poor resale compared to its sister cars.
safari not comfortable :eek: first time i hearing even my uncle who has back pain love seating in my safari because it doesn't case pain in there back . I think must talking about large turning radius

i too have an indica vista quadrajet clocked 18000 km ( 1yr 7months) i dont have any back pain on driving in fact the tilt steering( not there in old swift) is more comfortable and even height adjustable seats. lumbar support i dont feel much of issue. i too feel the same as jayadev pointed it out cheap plastic & interiors to cut costs and taxi image along with poor electricals with the poor quality of tata ass(old story now tata ass is far far better) have made vista under rated over swift

i too have an indica vista quadrajet clocked 18000 km ( 1yr 7months) i dont have any back pain on driving in fact the tilt steering( not there in old swift) is more comfortable and even height adjustable seats. lumbar support i dont feel much of issue. i too feel the same as jayadev pointed it out cheap plastic & interiors to cut costs and taxi image along with poor electricals with the poor quality of tata ass(old story now tata ass is far far better) have made vista under rated over swift
We have bac to back compared swift D and Vista qjd,The problem was the gear would engage properly,the clutch is extremely spring like which caused pain,I didnt say about the seats and I felt it was very comfortable.I have reported this to Jayadev and he told the newer vistas don't have his issue.

Oh yes gearshifts will be hard and tough in all TATA cars and clutch wont be soft like what we see in Japenese and European cars. But that hasn't caused any discomfort to me while driving. TATA has improved a lot but they still have a long way to go when it comes to clutch and gearbox. Even my Aria's gearbox is crude and rough , even a Santro has better gearbox!

Indica is a very comfortable car while Swift is only a Maruti. Surely Vista or Indica has a taxi image but even new Swift cannot be treated as a premium hatchback as their ads says just because of it's high NVH and bumpy rides. Moreover Indica's braking is very good while Swift has no brakes at all [lol]

Guys, one question. Can we add punto 90hp mjd on the comparison? If we can then which is the best of all leaving the price factor aside.

Re: Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift

The answer lies within after your suggestion for new swift n paying the booking amount. Still your friends came back with Indica Vista as an option.
In my personal opinion Indica Vista is clear winner over the Swift .
Only thing which keeps buyers away from Vista is TATA the taxi image.
Correct ! Powerpacked.
I did the analysis for around 2 months, being a techie I know the facts.
Whoever feels that Tata vehicle are best suited as Taxi then I agree with them, But If they are thinkng this in a wise way then they will realise why the Poor Taxi guy put his hard earned money in Tata Vehicle? He wants reliability, Lower ownership cost and comfort for the passengers who are the only rear seat passngers. Also the price tag and Fuel economy. Those guys who gives a weired look to Tata vehicle as Cheee....Taxi should flaunt their money on Merc or BMW, those who call Tata vehicles a taxi vehicle what they buy for themselves? is there a Huge diffrenec in price?? with other brands? IF one can buy a Tata vehicle for personal use he should be able to buy any other brand with 50 K range, its not only the price is depending factor to show off. Those who knows the car market and their individual needs better will always buy on their own analysis. I dont see any problem in Buying Tata Vehicle and feel proud to own one![cheers]

Jayadev,
My dad's friend who bought tata indigo sold after few months or a year(I dont remember),the reason was he developed a lot of body pain.He bought wagon r and is in love with it.
Few days back when one of our friend drove safari,he too developed a lot of pain.My cousin ad his dad felt a lot of pain when they drove india vista qjd taken on rent (they drive santro and sometimes innova).This cousin told one of his relative who took nano on rent too felt a lot pain.After these incidents my other asked why cant tata make an effortless and fatigue free cars(she actual told sophisticated).
I dont think popularity increases resale.Ford fiesta D had pretty good resale where as ikon had poor resale.Maruti a star too has i think a little poor resale compared to its sister cars.
DonT mind take it lightly, Most of your friends and their relatives seems to be allergic to Tata vehicles...[lol]But one can think as a caveman how that could be possible?? Tata has more than 400000 Indigos on road, and more than that are all Indicas, Do all the person travel in them suffer Body pain?

Re: Tata Indica Vista v/s New Maruti Swift

Correct ! Powerpacked.
I did the analysis for around 2 months, being a techie I know the facts.
Whoever feels that Tata vehicle are best suited as Taxi then I agree with them, But If they are thinkng this in a wise way then they will realise why the Poor Taxi guy put his hard earned money in Tata Vehicle? He wants reliability, Lower ownership cost and comfort for the passengers who are the only rear seat passngers. Also the price tag and Fuel economy. Those guys who gives a weired look to Tata vehicle as Cheee....Taxi should flaunt their money on Merc or BMW, those who call Tata vehicles a taxi vehicle what they buy for themselves? is there a Huge diffrenec in price?? with other brands? IF one can buy a Tata vehicle for personal use he should be able to buy any other brand with 50 K range, its not only the price is depending factor to show off. Those who knows the car market and their individual needs better will always buy on their own analysis. I dont see any problem in Buying Tata Vehicle and feel proud to own one![cheers]
+1. Totally agree.
When a car is categorized as a Taxi, people just don't realize what made it a Taxi:
1. Comfort & Space
2. Low maintenance cost
3. Good fuel efficiency
4. Affordable & VFM.

Aren't all these things good to have while purchasing a car for own use?? [glasses]

Here is Carwale's take on this comaprison:

"Both the petrol and diesel variants of the Swift, are about Rs 20-30thousand more than each model of the Vista and what you get more are the new styling and better styling. The Vista’s plastic quality has improved and the biggest advantage is that the second-most base model comes loaded with a lot of bells and whistles making it a great buy. But the top-of-the-line Vista 90 is a more expensive buy than the Swift ZXi, which might not help Tata to get more sales, since the waiting period on the Swift petrol will be lesser than the diesel. If you are looking for mid-variants, the Vista is better proposition, however, the Swift beats the Vista hands down in the top-of-the-line variant. "

Read here:
How does the Tata Vista facelift fare against its competition? - CarWale News

I wish I could get to know the clear changes to New Swift as compared to old one.
Which should have direct measure like alloy wheels, Leather Seats ( I know Swift doesn’t offer it but it’s a direct measure) ,Climate control AC.

Not like better plastic (technically there may be different variants of plastic used in interiors but it gives feel only adds no value).I read somewhere new ABS & honestly I have failed to understand what’s there New in ABS
So if members can add their observations and this could be very much handy guide to know what is the New Swift stands for and does it worth for the additional money.

I wish I could get to know the clear changes to New Swift as compared to old one.
Which should have direct measure like alloy wheels, Leather Seats ( I know Swift doesn’t offer it but it’s a direct measure) ,Climate control AC.

Not like better plastic (technically there may be different variants of plastic used in interiors but it gives feel only adds no value).I read somewhere new ABS & honestly I have failed to understand what’s there New in ABS
So if members can add their observations and this could be very much handy guide to know what is the New Swift stands for and does it worth for the additional money.
I think it should be discussed in Swift thread not here.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...32-new-swift-now-introduced-rs-4-22-lacs.html

@drive tech,
My mother developed body pain while driving the m800(the car earlier so many people have bought and driving).She got severe back pain,muscle pain in legs.She too got a pain in her right leg while driving the swift (turbo lag is prob I think),she got relief in her right leg while driving the beat in city.
What my mother says is some people can adjust,some cant or live with.
We have so many 4x4 fans and several people who spend a lot on these jeeps.as pointed out by jayadev,they get thrill by driving those jeeps,which are rugged and requires a lot effort drive.

Top Bottom