New Tata Indica Vista Test Drive

Hi Xover,

Two days ago, we made a trip to Vadodara. In the highway, I was on a comfortable speed of 80-90 kmph and enjoying the ride. Many times I have noticed through my RVM a Manza and then after they go past me, realise that it is the new Vista.
I have also seen quite a few new vistas and mistook them for Manzas, both in Bangalore and in Chennai.

Very good & detailed review on the car.
I have shortlisted 2 cars: Vista VX and Liva GD.
Can experts suggest which car is better and why.
If you want reliability & brand image, pick the Liva.

If you want more creature comforts & space, pick the Vista.

I would say chuck both & check the Figo & Swift in that price range.

Thread Starter #68
I have shortlisted 2 cars: Vista VX and Liva GD.
Vista VX. It has all the features including ABS and its cheaper.
Got national fiat engine and king of space.

I need one clarification regarding new vista. I have heard that it wobbles at high speeds. Is this true?

I need one clarification regarding new vista. I have heard that it wobbles at high speeds. Is this true?
Me too heard about the same on our forum. Somebody mentioned that wobbling is felt between speeds of 100 to 120 kmph but there is nothing above or below that range.

However, to test this I tried doing these speeds on Mumbai-Pune E-way and did not feel like it. I felt it was pretty stable between these speeds. However, this was only testing and I did go 110-125 kmph for only about 40-45 KM. Not sure in the long run.

There is absolutely no problem up to 110 kmph; I do limit myself to 110 on most of the drives and experience no issues at all.

Amit >> Are you planning to upgrade to the Sedan class?

I am not yet decided on my car purchase. But my friend had zeroed down to figo and vista vx. Hence I wanted to know of this specific problem.

I am not yet decided on my car purchase. But my friend had zeroed down to figo and vista vx. Hence I wanted to know of this specific problem.
OK. I considered the Figo and Vista VX among few others while purchasing and bought Vista VX.

I think if you opt for Figo titanium over Vista VX, that will be a wise choise. Anything other than Titanium will not give you the control of ABS+EBD in Figo, however you get that in the Vista VX.

FE wise Vista is much better than Figo 1.4 TDCi as you may be aware.

The spare parts are cheaper for Figo than for Vista.

for example, consider front bumper: Figo it will cost you 1800+3200 for painting & Vista will cost you 3600+3800 for painting. This is just an example. Prices are from authorized body shops for both the cars in Pune (Planet ford/ Pandit Auto).

Keep posted on what he choose!

Hi. i own vista qjd. my vista odo currently reads 6682km. i have done a lot of highway runs and have done lot of 100+ speeds. i have NEVER faced any wobble/vibration of any sort. the max i have tried is 155kmph. it was rock stable.

Top Bottom