New Swift Now Introduced at Rs.4.22 Lacs

Re: Brand New Swift Bookings Begins!!

Good news but i would never book a car without seeing it and driving it even once. I don expect the new Swift to be any different , maybe slightly better power output and refinement and also some new minor comfort and convenience features , thats it.

@ Shailinder I think MS calls it VVT and Hyundai calls it VTVT.

The new Swift MSIL will be equipped with a basket full of additional features along with a fully-revamped interior. With this, the new Swift will be manufactured with high quality steel which will ensure the maximum safety of the passengers.

@ Shailinder I think MS calls it VVT and Hyundai calls it VTVT.
Quite possible. I have seen VVT written on Toyota Corolla. So to sum it up, it looks like nomenclature being used by Asian car makers.

What's your take on this.

@gadget2011, you seems to be very confident about the feature list and revamped interior. Any source to support above statement or it is a wish :-)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

vvt is generic term for engine technology so any carmaker can use it if they are using that technology! and hope what gadget is saying is true. drool these pics till then!! [cheers]

Attachments

Week Ago I've booked the Swift LDi white color from our local dealer in Surat [;)]and the delivery is after 170 days [surprise]as per Sales Executive booking will be taken as current Swift but if New Gen Swift will launch the Booking will Transfer to new Swift.

Last edited by a moderator:

With the present Swift already selling record numbers and still demanding a waiting list, the transition from the old model to the new one should be dealt with smoothly by Maruti Suzuki so that customers don't feel cheated.

Is SWIFT 2011 gonna hit Indian roads soon?

Hello folks :help:,
Any clue on the release of Swift 2011? When i contacted a local dealer in Chennai, they said by end of year (Obviously a lie - The expression and grin in the rep's face [pig]).
When contacted a dealer in Tiruppur, they said end of Q-1 or start of Q-II.
Just wanted to take yet another car in my family - A DIESEL ONE (Swift - Vdi).
Hope to receive few inputs as usual from you guys .
Cheers!

Re: Is SWIFT 2011 gonna hit Indian roads soon?

No one can give this date as of now. The rumors running is the earliest date of launch is July 2011.

Cheers!

+1 here, just spoke to Maruthi marketing guy , he said launch will be around late july or early August and bookings have not started. HE also said once the car leaves the factory only they will ask them to take bookings and wait for the response. It means the first 10-15 cars will be got within 10days of booking ( If the customer opts to choose the color and variant being transported ).

350Z

Core Team

Hello folks ,
Any clue on the release of Swift 2011? When i contacted a local dealer in Chennai, they said by end of year (Obviously a lie - The expression and grin in the rep's face).
When contacted a dealer in Tiruppur, they said end of Q-1 or start of Q-II.
Just wanted to take yet another car in my family - A DIESEL ONE (Swift - Vdi).
Hope to receive few inputs as usual from you guys .
Cheers!
Good to see you back. There’s no confirmation about launch date of new Swift. All we have are some speculations that indicate the release to happen latest by this summer (Going by the final testing phase of the car).

PS: Threads Merged.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey truecitylover , i also spoke to a MS SE a few days back , even thay don have any idea when the launch is going to happen! But if you book a Swift now and by the time of delivery the new Swift is already launched you will be getting the new model.

BTW what is the waiting period for Swift Vdi now?

That some good news for a Swift lover.
Guys how about the new Dezire. Any news on that? Don't understand why the big M is taking such time to introduce a must hit car to a market like India. Crossing ma fingers over 2011 Dezire. Likes to go for one after the initial hype get down.

350Z

Core Team

That some good news for a Swift lover.
Guys how about the new Dezire. Any news on that? Don't understand why the big M is taking such time to introduce a must hit car to a market like India. Crossing ma fingers over 2011 Dezire. Likes to go for one after the initial hype get down.
Once the new Swift enters – Maruti, at any cost will have to revamp the current DZire. We have a separate thread on same topic: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/2536-swift-dzire-facelift.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good to see you back. There’s no confirmation about launch date of new Swift. All we have are some speculations that indicate the release to happen latest by this summer (Going by the final testing phase of the car).

PS: Threads Merged.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks Vibhor! I am quite excited for this release as its gonna be the first Diesel car in my family.

Hey truecitylover , i also spoke to a MS SE a few days back , even thay don have any idea when the launch is going to happen! But if you book a Swift now and by the time of delivery the new Swift is already launched you will be getting the new model.

BTW what is the waiting period for Swift Vdi now?
Hmmm..that seems to be most SE's reply. Can't go by speculation and book it CD. May end up buying the last lot of old Swift. VDi waiting period - 2 to 3 months (Popular Maruthi, Chennai). It should be around the same period in most MS dealers.

Top Bottom