New Swift Continuous Jerking on Clutch Pedal

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Please help me.

This is my story. I am owing a new swift VXi which i bought last year. It has completed just 4680Kms and also third service.

But i started to notice one issue when i crossed 4400+ Kms, the issue is When i change gear from 1 to 2 i can feel continuous jerking on clutch pedal as well as in the car body.From 2nd on wards it is fine.

i informed this to Maruthi dealer when i have given it for service then they said they will adjust the clutch. But that didnt resolve the issue. Earlier i used to face the issue when i run with AC. But now it is happening even without AC.

Again i took the car to the centr asked them to check , they agreed that there is some jerkingand they couldn't figure it out and said i am the first one reporting this issue...

My cars warrenty is not over yet..

What will i do now...Have any of you faced\heard about this problem??? Was there any solution?

please guide, what is the option to get right solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Dilee

It seems to be a clutch worn out sign.
At 4400 KM it is very unlikely to happen. But if you ride on clutch depress mode, then possibility are there.
There could be chance that,you might have received a faulty clutch plate with the new car.Do not ride more on this state or else it will damage the pressure plate etc which will cost a bomb.

Dileep - Here is my story. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...557-jerks-while-shifting-gears-ford-figo.html

BTW, I haven't found a solution yet, but have crossed 51,000 KMs [clap]

Hi Dileep,
If so check the fly wheel,if not check the gear synchronizers.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Aneesh - What is gear synchronizers? Can you please go thru my thread and suggest?

It seems to be a clutch worn out sign.
At 4400 KM it is very unlikely to happen. But if you ride on clutch depress mode, then possibility are there.
There could be chance that,you might have received a faulty clutch plate with the new car.Do not ride more on this state or else it will damage the pressure plate etc which will cost a bomb.
Amit - Here is the story of my friend. Not to scare Dileep, but maybe something he should be aware of too. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-brand-new-wagon-r-clutch-burnt-3000-kms.html

Thread Starter #6
I used to change from 1 to 2 at the speed of 10kmh. ... and i am not clutch rider. I wont evn keep leg on clutch pedal while drive.

The most disappointing factor is that service cntr person dont know wht to do for this.

Try gear change at around 2k rpm with approx speed of 20km/hr and than give your feedback [;)]

I used to change from 1 to 2 at the speed of 10kmh. ... and i am not clutch rider. I wont evn keep leg on clutch pedal while drive.

The most disappointing factor is that service cntr person dont know wht to do for this.

Dileep,

As Manish09 said, Changing to 2nd gear in little higher Rpm could reduce the jerking in second gear. But as far as i know, it'll be there when car start to move in 1st gear. it will be increased while car has more load/A/c.
Mostly it will be the issue with clutch.
Sometimes it will be the issue with throttle sensor which will be found on cars which has low usage. Check the idle RPM is low with/without A/c compared to other Swift. You can feel slight jerking in idle Rpm too.If then tell the technicians to clean the throttle body. If this issue is not there then it will be clutch problem.

amit1km@

new clutch disc assembly comes with the pressure plates.

Thread Starter #9
just to add one thing. I mean by jerking is not the usual feel that we get when the car started to role in first gear.

In my case no issues with moving in first gear, see the exact step below to replicate the issue
1. start the car, put in first gear and move the car
2. Now the car is moving and at the speed of 15- 2O kmh
3. Now Apply full clutch to change the gear to 2nd gear, here comes the issue
The moment you apply full clutch You will get some jerking\shaking\some feel on your clutch

Other observation:
1. If u are moving fast (20 - 25KMH) with higher RPM in first gear and then apply clutch, in this case you will get MORE REACTION on clucth, i mean jerk like feeling

2. The jerk feeling will be very less when you change the gear at low RPM and at low speed

Thanks,
Dileep

just to add one thing. I mean by jerking is not the usual feel that we get when the car started to role in first gear.

In my case no issues with moving in first gear, see the exact step below to replicate the issue
The moment you apply full clutch You will get some jerking\shaking\some feel on your clutch

Other observation:
1. If u are moving fast (20 - 25KMH) with higher RPM in first gear and then apply clutch, in this case you will get MORE REACTION on clucth, i mean jerk like feeling

2. The jerk feeling will be very less when you change the gear at low RPM and at low speed

Thanks,
Dileep
Well explained Dileep. With that, I feel, you have the same issue as mine.

In my case, I feel a slight jerk while depressing the clutch before shift and a strong one after the shift while releasing the clutch. Initially, this was felt only in 2nd & 3rd gears, and ageing through it's felt in all gears including 5th. Everytime I complained, FASS would bleed the clutch and it would disappear for few KMs maybe 1000 or so and again, back to square one. So, is it with the clutch or not? And why would it work well when bled and only for a while?

Here is my thought - While on a gear say 2nd, the Engine RPM is 2K and the Wheel Speed is 30 KMPH. While depressing the clutch, the Engine RPM would drop to idle (850 RPM), however, the Wheel Speed will remain the same (30). And while we engage to the next gear and release the clutch, the Engine RPM will obviously not go back to 2K, but little lesser or whatever is appropriate for that gear (as per the gear ratio) to keep the car move smoothly and here is the glitch. If the Engine RPM isn't moving up to the appropriate one, the engine would obviously pull the vehicle back as the wheel is moving in the same speed and that's the Jerk we feel. Similarly, if the situation is opposite, we would feel a forward jerk like pulling as the engine would make the wheel to spin more and that's wheel spinning isn't it? Am I guessing it right? If so, what would make the engine to miss the right RPM?

Well, I explained this to the FASS, Ford India and who not for all these 51K ODO... They aren't able to guess it any closer to what it could be.

Sometimes it will be the issue with throttle sensor which will be found on cars which has low usage. Check the idle RPM is low with/without A/c compared to other Swift. You can feel slight jerking in idle Rpm too.If then tell the technicians to clean the throttle body. If this issue is not there then it will be clutch problem.
Releesh - Mine is diesel and I believe, they don't come with Throttle Sensor. Apart from the jerk I mentioned above, I also feel a jerk while stepping on the accelerator and especially on light foot and not really if I floor it. This is also present while releasing the accelerator too, even on highway speeds. What would cause this?

Hi Figoian,
Go through this link
Automotive Transmissions, ProQuest Discovery Guides
Hope this helps,if the synchronizers between each gears are faulty it can cause the shuddering.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Thanks Aneesh. Will check it.

Other observation:

Thanks,
Dileep
Hi deleep
please check this happens only on cold start.
Is it ok when you are on traffic after a 5 to 10 km drive?
check it please.

Well explained Dileep. With that, I feel, you have the same issue as mine.
Hi Dileep - Request you to confirm whether the issue I mentioned is same as yours. Else, I don't want to hijack your thread and would probably continue my discussion in my thread.

If it only happens on cold start then dileep u drive deliberately drive on clutch for few kms and check before the the dealer recommend for a clutch change.
Below 5000 kms in one year is low usage of the car.
The clutch disk would have hardened because of the less usage.
By deliberately driving om clutch may worn out the hardened part of the disk and may get polished and may stop jerking.
A wild guess please excuse if did not work.

@figoian
If a bleeding of clutch will solve the problem for a 1000kms then i think it is not the same issue with dileep.
i doubt on the clutch cylinder which the dealer ignores.

Top Bottom