New Suzuki Alto Previewed

Arun

Suspended
They already replaced the greater Zen with worser Estilo! (sorry estilo owners, no offences meant! just my thought)

Now the Legendary Alto is to be replaced with this stupid car ??
No offence taken buddy! I actually agree with you! They killed the Zen! They could have just named it the Estilo and would have been saved from lakhs of curses from Zen lovers!

But A-Star (India) is named as Alto globally
Exactly!Not sure what these Japs are thinking!

I thought A-star is the next-gen Alto. Why most Maruti cars are narrow and tall and not getting attention at first sight?

And also why new Maruti cars' rear end looks like chopped?
You are correct CC. Its the new ALTO here in Europe.

----------Next Post------------

You're right Vickyirs.
Now this is going to get confusing, Alto,A-Star, Pixo??
Seems like Suzuki itself lost the count of how many "avatars" of Alto it has manufactured till now!

Talking about looks of the car, Its like mix of all suzuki Models;

Exteriors: Front: A-Star + Side: Ritz + Rear: Updated Wagon-R.

Interiors: Estilo?

When I saw the interiors in image, The Gearshift grabbed my first attention which looks more like a stick of an old man.

I'm sure it will sell in good volumes like its other products, If Suzuki brings it to India to fill that remaining tiny gap between Estilo-Wagonr-Ritz, Simply Because Maruti = Better ASS+VFM+Reliable, Who cares if the car is made by collecting parts of its other siblings? After all "India Comes Home in a Maruti Suzuki!"

Drive Safe!
350Z
You are correct! MSIL can replace 800 with the current ALTO and fill the gap for ALTO with a new one like Suzuki Cevro. I think that will be a wiser option than launching this cross breed!

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
You're right Vickyirs.
Now this is going to get confusing, Alto,A-Star, Pixo??
Seems like Suzuki itself lost the count of how many "avatars" of Alto it has manufactured till now!

Talking about looks of the car, Its like mix of all suzuki Models;

Exteriors: Front: A-Star + Side: Ritz + Rear: Updated Wagon-R.

Interiors: Estilo?

When I saw the interiors in image, The Gearshift grabbed my first attention which looks more like a stick of an old man.

I'm sure it will sell in good volumes like its other products, If Suzuki brings it to India to fill that remaining tiny gap between Estilo-Wagonr-Ritz, Simply Because Maruti = Better ASS+VFM+Reliable, Who cares if the car is made by collecting parts of its other siblings? After all "India Comes Home in a Maruti Suzuki!"

Drive Safe!
350Z
No 350Z. The interiors aren't from the Estilo. The gear-shift surely looks odd!!
If they replace the 800/alto with this one, Suzuki will successfully kill all it's jellybeans with tall-boys!

Arun

Suspended
Wrong interpretation on my side! My bad!!
The layout seems quite similar! It isn't a direct lift.

Suzuki Motor's all new Alto

Osamu Suzuki, chairman and president of Japanese automaker Suzuki Motor, introduces the company's minivehicle 'Alto' at a Tokyo hotel on December 16, 2009. The Alto is equipped with a 660cc engine, which, according to manufacturer claims, allows the vehicle to achieve an economical 24.5km per litre of fuel.

economictimes

What is this?? This is looking similar to the A-star. Any rear photos of the car??

Why have they reduced the cc of the car. I believe even the 800cc engine produced the same FE.

350Z

Core Team
A-Star has different names worldwide, One of them also includes Alto.
This is the one which was also recently caught testing and called Tall-Boy A-Star.

Drive Safe,
350Z

napster

Suspended
M800 which is sold in india is actually named as ALTO in other countries. So similarly this is A-star for us and alto for other countries.

350Z

Core Team
The story of re-naming Splash is different. This name was already registered by Ford For India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom