New Skoda Fabia Road Test Review

I am saying this by my gut feeling completely but " jo ankho se na dikhe us par kaise wishwas karo". [surprise]

Just to inform you that there was absolutely no discount on new Fabia in Dec'10. Only discount available is "CORPORATE".
Did not get the meaning of the Hindi line. Mujhe Hindi nahi maalum Shailinder ji[glasses]

And the sales numbers are Old + Plus new Fabias put together I hope.
While we were enquiring in Chennai about Fabia for one of my colleagues, he said me that there where discounts (not sure of the exact amount/offers) for Fabia. Will get the full details in sometime.

@ Jayadev: Thanks for the transalation. As far as, looks of Fabia are concerned then I would only say that looks are subjective and varies from person to person. Just to inform you that I liked Fabia when i first entered it in Jul - Aug 2010. Then waited for new Fabia and now in process of closing the deal if dealer offers some discount (other than corp.). It is nothing less than a class leading interiors and sturdyness. (IMO)

@ HolySatan: Sorry man i did not know that you do not know hindi or hindi very well. By the way, i know a little Tamil :-P " Ippde irka"

Did not get the meaning of the Hindi line. Mujhe Hindi nahi maalum Shailinder ji[glasses]

And the sales numbers are Old + Plus new Fabias put together I hope.
While we were enquiring in Chennai about Fabia for one of my colleagues, he said me that there where discounts (not sure of the exact amount/offers) for Fabia. Will get the full details in sometime.
Last week my Fabia 1.2 Tdi Elegance model got delivered.
As far as discounts there are 3 choices available to choose.

Option A - 12K Worth Accesseries - Includes Floor Mat,Mud Flap, Car Cover, Under body Painting, Sunfilm, Teflon coating and Full tank fuel.

Option B - Mp3 player(not sure about brand), Underbody Paint, teflon Coating and Full tank Fuel.

Option C (i've opted) - 5K Corporate Discount, Underbody Painting and Teflon Coating and 20L fuel.

Hope this clarifies your doubt. [;)]

Thread Starter #20
Hello Jegan,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Congrats for your purchase.
Skoda india tried its best to increase the sales of Fabia by relaunching it with some minor facelift and a lower price tag. Exciting year end offers made the deal sweeter for prospective buyers which further shot up the sales.

Last week my Fabia 1.2 Tdi Elegance model got delivered.
As far as discounts there are 3 choices available to choose.

Option A - 12K Worth Accesseries - Includes Floor Mat,Mud Flap, Car Cover, Under body Painting, Sunfilm, Teflon coating and Full tank fuel.

Option B - Mp3 player(not sure about brand), Underbody Paint, teflon Coating and Full tank Fuel.

Option C (i've opted) - 5K Corporate Discount, Underbody Painting and Teflon Coating and 20L fuel.

Hope this clarifies your doubt. [;)]
Congratulations Jegan.[clap]

Help me understand "underbody painting = anti rust coating". Did they laminate engine as well ? And how come they were offering MP3 player for Elegance. Isn't it equipped with one already ?

Had i been in your place, I could have selected option-A. Just a thought [thumbsup]

Hi Jegan,

Thanks for clarifying my doubt. [:)]

A warm welcome to TAI and have a wonderful and pleasant stay out here!

Also, start a seperate thread for your new car's ownership experience and share more details about the car/ownership/dealership experience!

A big congrats for your new Fabia![thumbsup]

After looking at the above figures of car sales, I wonder if skoda has worked on its A.S.S. part or its just the brand that people are going for coupled with price corrections made with facelifted fabia?

Also why such less sales of punto?

I got a news few days back that Fabia Elegance trim is coming up with defogger, rear wiper and 15" alloys. But whether it will be for 1.6 only or for other Elegance, only time will tell. But if it is true I am sure people from Polo would definitely migrate to Fabia.

No hactch in India handles like the fabia does!
It has the ride quality that only cars on the southern side of 10 lacs can boast of!
My next car is a Cappuccino Beige 1.6 for sure!
But Skoda A.S.S. ruins it al for them. I hav heard JMD in navi Mumbai is good as far as Skoda service is concerned. Any views guys?[confused]

Well I do not know much on A.S.S. of Skoda as of now but people share their experience and as per them it is improving. And when I say improving that means those people had experienced Skoda A.S.S. before and now comparing it.

Even if JMD at Mumbai is good. You wont be going there for your car's servicing or are you planning something of that sort. If yes, then it make sense to inquire about it.

C. Beige is also my favorite colour as it gives royal look specially on Fabia.

Well i am originally from Navi Mumbai but currently working in Pune. and i make a to and fro trip every weekend. so getting a service done at JMD Navi Mumbai is not an issue for me! its just depends on how they are![confused]
If they turn out to be good- FABIA it is!

Skoda cars are of sheer build quality. But maintaining a Skoda is much difficult than owning one. That's the reason of poor resale value. If you are so rich to neglect the costs then Skoda is for you. I love skoda but.... costs of ownership :frown:

Top Bottom