New Shoes (Tyres) For Ford Fiesta Classic

Spray some soapy water to the valve and see if any bubble comes out. You can also spray to tire bead to check air leakage from there.
I did this and could not find any air bubbles and did not feel there was any air loss as well.

Anyways I have a plan for a long journey this weekend, if it happens I will check the air pressure before refilling the air in one of the fuel stations where I regularly fill fuel
I went ahead with my plan of weekend drive to my native which is close to 600+ KMs to and fro dive on fantastic Bangalore - Pune NH.
Before I ventured out, I rechecked the air pressure at my regular fuel station and all tires were looking fine so I went ahead with my weekend trip to my native.

Yes, I am also hoping that issue is solved, will check and update here
During this drive, I rechecked wobbling issue many times on a empty stretch of the highway and found that the issue has solved [clap]
As per my understanding the issue was due to low Air pressure set to front left Tire by the Tire shop folks [frustration] when I bought new tires.

A big lesson learnt, even a low air pressure can lead to Steering wobbling / Vibrations and we have to keep on eye on the folks who put the air to make sure its done correctly and also as a good habit , we need to re-fill the air when ever we going out for a long journey or highway out of the city limits.

Also as a precautionary measure I will check with FORD Service folks on the Disc pad and Rotor correctness during my next visit.

Srikanth - Once again thanks a lot for all your help, I really appreciate it [clap]

Me too recently installed Michelin PST on one of our cars. I had told them to keep pressure 32PSI in all the tyres. While returning home I found the ride was not so better than outgoing Goodyear EAGLE NCT 5, infact worse than them.
Next day I checked the tyre pressure with the portable digital tyre inflator which I am using since 5 years . To my horror, Left front tyre showed 24 PSI while the right one showed 32PSI.:eek:

Most of the tyre shops & fuel bunk's tyre pressure monitors are not recalibrated at regular intervals as per manufacturer's recommendations and hence suck.

Me too recently installed Michelin PST on one of our cars. I had told them to keep pressure 32PSI in all the tyres.
Next day I checked the tyre pressure with the portable digital tyre inflator which I am using since 5 years . To my horror, Left front tyre showed 24 PSI while the right one showed 32PSI
Tornado - Yes agree we have to be extra cautious and make sure we fill the air correctly.

Could you please share more details on the Digital Tire Inflator you are using since 5 years, I am thinking if I should get one after this incident[thinking] I am confused because in the earlier post Cracing ( Srikanth) mentioned if it is not used correctly then it may leak air or give improper reading [frustration]

Bumping up the old thread, my Yoko E1 tires have done now close to 15K, Fiesta Classic is at 62K.
In this mileage, had one puncture on right rear tire and fortunately Car was at home and got it fixed.
Tires have held up nicely and ride and handling have been fantastic compared to Stock MRF I had.

Few observations, like when I go over path holes and speed breakers I can feel it inside cabin. I think this is nothing to do with Tires, need to get my Shocks checked as its 62K and still on stock shocks.
Can any friends here confirm this[roll]

I have not done any WA, WB and rotation after fitting the tires at around 46K, strangely I dont see any issues at high speeds like wobbling, or side ways movement.

Is it fine, if post pone WA, WB and rotation of tires till my next service which is due at 64K or shall I get it done outside in near future.[confused]

... my Yoko E1 tires have done now close to 15K, Fiesta Classic is at 62K... Few observations, like when I go over path holes and speed breakers I can feel it inside cabin. I think this is nothing to do with Tires, need to get my Shocks checked as its 62K and still on stock shocks.
Can any friends here confirm this [roll]

I have not done any WA, WB and rotation after fitting the tires at around 46K, strangely I dont see any issues at high speeds like wobbling, or side ways movement.

Is it fine, if post pone WA, WB and rotation of tires till my next service which is due at 64K or shall I get it done outside in near future.[confused]
In my Verna, when I go over "small to medium sized potholes", I hear a mild thud, but, shocks are NOT felt inside Cabin. When the shockers bottom out on deeper potholes or large speed bumps, shocks ARE FELT inside the Cabin.

WA & WB is recommended to be done every 5,000km, but I am lazy and do it once every 10,000km. I prefer Hyundai A$$ for WA & WB. It is costlier by Rs 200 to 300/-, but it is OK with me.

Last edited:

Top Bottom