New Shoes (Tyres) For Ford Fiesta Classic

@Pradeepkumarmr

Does your car has disc brakes in front? If so, how is the condition of rotors?

Did you hit potholes or curbs before the issue started?

Do wheel alignment and balancing again and see if it solves the problem but only get it done in authorized service center and not from tyre stores.

If the issue was occurring all the time then it could have been wheel alignment and/or balancing but you say it happen only when applying brake and that too at high speed.

Improperly tightening (torque) lug nuts could also cause issues. Get a visual checkup on brake systems (both front and rear) and see if everything is in condition, including rotor thickness. Lubricate pins if required

Last edited:
Take the car to ford, ask them to check alignment, suspension, steering rack etc.

Anyways, new tyre 'running in ' /break in period is approximately 800 km and doing 100 to 120 is not safe from grip POV because of lubricants applied to the tread during manufacturing process to avoid sticking of the tread to the moulds.

@CRACING,Which pins you are talking about?

Last edited:
@Pradeepkumarmr
Does your car has disc brakes in front? If so, how is the condition of rotors?
I believe by Rotors you mean Discs [confused] ( this is what Ford SA call them).
Yes My Car Ford Fiesta Classic Titanium has Disc brakes in Front. Rotor Condition should be good, as they were replaced around 38K KMs along with the break pads and now have mileage of 10K KMs.

Did you hit potholes or curbs before the issue started?
As per as my knowledge I did not hit any potholes or curbs, as the drive was through one of better NH Bangalore - Pune

Do wheel alignment and balancing again and see if it solves the problem but only get it done in authorized service center and not from tyre stores.
I spoke to Tire Shop, he said he has free checkup for 2-3 weeks after first installation and he is ready to take a look at Wheel balancing and alignment once again.

If the issue was occurring all the time then it could have been wheel alignment and/or balancing but you say it happen only when applying brake and that too at high speed.
I spoke to my Ford SA, as per him if the Break peddle vibrates / shakes when we touch / keep our leg on it or press it then this may be issue with Break pads / discs or rotors and as per his understanding for 10-11K KMs usage Disc Break pads and rotors should be good

Improperly tightening (torque) lug nuts could also cause issues. Get a visual checkup on brake systems (both front and rear) and see if everything is in condition, including rotor thickness. Lubricate pins if required
I did not get this, what you mean by Torque Lug nuts and lubricating pins? [confused]

Take the car to ford, ask them to check alignment, suspension, steering rack etc.
As quoted already, I spoke to Ford SA and he has asked me to first check with Tire shop folks for Wheel alignment and Balancing as they do have free check up available. Even Tire shop agreed to recheck the same.

If the issue does not solve with this, then I will visit Ford Service Center to check things as mentioned in your post.

Anyways, new tyre 'running in ' /break in period is approximately 800 km and doing 100 to 120 is not safe from grip POV because of lubricants applied to the tread during manufacturing process to avoid sticking of the tread to the moulds.
Thanks for the information, I was of the opinion that running in period is around 500KM, so I tried 100-120 speed during my return journey to test if everything is fine with new Tires and Wheel Balancing and Alignment.

I believe by Rotors you mean Discs [confused] ( this is what Ford SA call them).
Yes My Car Ford Fiesta Classic Titanium has Disc brakes in Front. Rotor Condition should be good, as they were replaced around 38K KMs along with the break pads and now have mileage of 10K KMs.

I spoke to my Ford SA, as per him if the Break peddle vibrates / shakes when we touch / keep our leg on it or press it then this may be issue with Break pads / discs or rotors and as per his understanding for 10-11K KMs usage Disc Break pads and rotors should be good
Yes rotor means disc.

Ok so rotor was also replaced. Now I have doubt about manufacturer defects. [roll]

I spoke to Tire Shop, he said he has free checkup for 2-3 weeks after first installation and he is ready to take a look at Wheel balancing and alignment once again.

As quoted already, I spoke to Ford SA and he has asked me to first check with Tire shop folks for Wheel alignment and Balancing as they do have free check up available. Even Tire shop agreed to recheck the same.
Ok then get it checked by the tire shop and also tell them to look for any defects in rim or tyre. Still if problem persists, get everything checked from service center. Brake system, steering, suspension and etc.

Wobble problem is related to many thing so its difficult to find out the cause.

Another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post. Tyres have inside, outside and directional markings on the side wall and should be fitted accordingly. I hope the tyre shop have fitted the tyres to the correct sides. Confirm this by checking the side wall markings on all the tyres. This may not be related to wobble problem but just letting you know.

I did not get this, what you mean by Torque Lug nuts and lubricating pins? [confused]
There is a specific torque to tighten the Lug nuts (Usually 100 ft. lbs or check manual) but some tyre shops just tighten the nuts with normal wrench as they don't have torque wrench. It sometimes becomes over-tightened or sometimes lose.

Also lug nuts on wheels, should be tightened not in a circle, but in a crisscross or starfish pattern.

@CRACING,Which pins you are talking about?
Lubricating Caliper guide pins. This is usually done by service center when we give our car for servicing or get brake system checked. The grease is under extreme heat and pressure so we should use caliper specific grease only.

Last edited:
Yes rotor means disc.

Ok so rotor was also replaced. Now I have doubt about manufacturer defects. [roll]
Thanks for all the information, it helps a lot before I visit Tire Shop and Service Centers.

Are you doubting the manufacturing defects of Tires [shock]
I forgot to mention that my new set of tires had the manufacturing date of 29th Week of 2016 which is July 18, 2016, So new tires being old or stored for long time in their stock yard is also ruled out

Ok then get it checked by the tire shop and also tell them to look for any defects in rim or tyre. Still if problem persists, get everything checked from service center. Brake system, steering, suspension and etc.

Wobble problem is related to many thing so its difficult to find out the cause.
Sure I will ask the tire shops folks to check it properly all the points mentioned by you. When I spoke to Ford SA he said it should be related to Wheel Balancing and Alignment. Lets wish and hope it is related to that and it gets resolved after I visit the tire shop

Another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post. Tyres have inside, outside and directional markings on the side wall and should be fitted accordingly. I hope the tyre shop have fitted the tires to the correct sides. Confirm this by checking the side wall markings on all the tires. This may not be related to wobble problem but just letting you know.
Thanks, let me check this as well with them. But Can you shed more light on these markings, by which probably I can also have a look and see if they are fitted correctly.

There is a specific torque to tighten the Lug nuts (Usually 100 ft. lbs or check manual) but some tyre shops just tighten the nuts with normal wrench as they don't have torque wrench. It sometimes becomes over-tightened or sometimes lose.
They used the wrench or machine which was powered by some motor, it was definitely not manual wrench or machine.

Also lug nuts on wheels, should be tightened not in a circle, but in a crisscross or starfish pattern.
Ohh I was not aware of this, let me monitor this also when I visit them. I have a question, why they should not be tightened in a circular way [surprise]

Lubricating Caliper guide pins. This is usually done by service center when we give our car for servicing or get brake system checked. The grease is under extreme heat and pressure so we should use caliper specific grease only.
Let me check with Ford SA, if I end up visiting them for fixing this issue and this is not resolved with my visit to Tire shop

Are you doubting the manufacturing defects of Tires [shock]
Nope, I have doubt about rotor defects.

When you apply brake at high speed, the rotor temperature raises very high and sometimes the rotor even turns red on hard braking. The rotor should withstand the temperature otherwise, it can break, crack or change shape.

This shouldn't be a problem with new rotor but you know the quality of products these days and so is my doubt.

I forgot to mention that my new set of tires had the manufacturing date of 29th Week of 2016 which is July 18, 2016, So new tires being old or stored for long time in their stock yard is also ruled out
I believe the issue isn't with new tyres but somewhere the fitting isn't done properly. Either the wheel, rotor or wheel alignment/balancing. I hope tyre shop or service center will solve it. [:)]

But Can you shed more light on these markings, by which probably I can also have a look and see if they are fitted correctly.
Please check this link.

Ohh I was not aware of this, let me monitor this also when I visit them. I have a question, why they should not be tightened in a circular way [surprise]
To ensures a uniform distribution of load across the wheel mounting surface. Tightening one changes the torque on the others so using a star pattern ensures the nuts are more equally tightened.

They used the wrench or machine which was powered by some motor, it was definitely not manual wrench or machine.
Yes its a impact wrench or pneumatic gun most commonly used in all tyre shops and service centers now-a-days. But I'm not sure whether these have torque setting. You may ask this to ford SA.

Last edited:
Srikanth ( CRACING ) - I am really amazed seeing your knowledge on Tires and other topics. [clap] Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions
It is helping a lot of folks like me who have little bit idea and can gather more information and probably be prepared to face the Ford SA or any other service / repair folks tantrums

Nope, I have doubt about rotor defects.
This shouldn't be a problem with new rotor but you know the quality of products these days and so is my doubt.
Okay fine, point noted. If my visit to Tire shop does not solve this, let me check this with Ford SA on warranty for Rotors as I have used close to 11-12K KMs [roll] and see what they say

I believe the issue isn't with new tyres but somewhere the fitting isn't done properly. Either the wheel, rotor or wheel alignment/balancing. I hope tyre shop or service center will solve it. [:)]
Yes I am also feeling same and hoping that a revisit to tire shop and re-balancing or re-alignment should solve this issue.

Thanks I am more clear now on what you were saying earlier. Let me take a look at tires and also check with Tire shops on this.

To ensures a uniform distribution of load across the wheel mounting surface. Tightening one changes the torque on the others so using a star pattern ensures the nuts are more equally tightened.
I will check this with the tire shop folks again and will make sure they have followed and will follow the Star pattern not some random way and all the nuts are tightened properly

Yes its a impact wrench or pneumatic gun most commonly used in all tyre shops and service centers now-a-days. But I'm not sure whether these have torque setting. You may ask this to ford SA.
Yes sure I will do this, Thanks got to know about this from you, I was really not aware of this way of tightening of wheel nuts

Also I did obeserve two circular dots on new Tires and thought of checking here now, what significance these have. I can see a Red and Yellow circular dots on each tire, please check the markings in the attached pics

Attachments

Also I did obeserve two circular dots on new Tires and thought of checking here now, what significance these have. I can see a Red and Yellow circular dots on each tire, please check the markings in the attached pics
Please check this and this link for details about those red/yellow dot markings on side walls.

Last edited:
Please check this link for details about those red/yellow dot markings on side walls.
Srikanth - Thanks and apologize for troubling you with so many queries [embarass].
I am re-posting my earlier question here on tire pressure. Please suggest if you have any idea or knowledge.

I have a below query with respect to Tire Pressure for new Tires 185/65/14 Yoko E1 Tires, let me know how much should I be filling the Air [roll]

Earlier with the stock MRF 175/65/14 I used to fill ( Normal Air) 32 PSI at Front and 36 PSI at back, where as now the Tyre Park folks suggested and have filled 33 PSI with Nitrogen for all the new 185/65/14 Tires [confused] is this correct or should I change back to what I used to fill earlier

I did not feel any difference or problems ( apart from that Steering Wheel Wobbling we are discussing) with all 4 new tires setup at 33 PSI with respect to drive, handling and ride and did not even scrap any huge speed breakers with boot full load with two people in the Car. I just wanted to know should I continue with this PSI or change to something else

Srikanth - Thanks and apologize for troubling you with so many queries.
No problem. Its my pleasure to help wherever I can. [:)]

I am re-posting my earlier question here on tire pressure. Please suggest if you have any idea or knowledge.

I have a below query with respect to Tire Pressure for new Tires 185/65/14 Yoko E1 Tires, let me know how much should I be filling the Air

Earlier with the stock MRF 175/65/14 I used to fill ( Normal Air) 32 PSI at Front and 36 PSI at back, where as now the Tyre Park folks suggested and have filled 33 PSI with Nitrogen for all the new 185/65/14 Tires is this correct or should I change back to what I used to fill earlier

I did not feel any difference or problems ( apart from that Steering Wheel Wobbling we are discussing) with all 4 new tires setup at 33 PSI with respect to drive, handling and ride and did not even scrap any huge speed breakers with boot full load with two people in the Car. I just wanted to know should I continue with this PSI or change to something else
Yes, I saw your query about tire pressure but I waited for other members to respond because I'm in the same dilemma for my new tyres. If you don't have problem with present tyre pressure then you don't have to change it.

For my new tyres, I have filled same as stated for stock tyres. i.e 32 PSI in front and 30 PSI in rear. If I fill more then the ride becomes bumpy but I need some time to research a correct PSI. No idea when I can do that. [roll]

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information, it helps a lot before I visit Tire Shop and Service Centers.
Sure I will ask the tire shops folks to check it properly all the points mentioned by you.
Srikanth ( CRACING )- I visited the Tire shop on last weekend and they checked the balancing of all the tires and said Balancing is fine. But how ever he observed that left Front Tire Air has come down to 28 PSI ( he did mention that there are no punctures) where as he had said that earlier he had set all the tires to 33 PSI. But when pushed further he said probably while filling the air first time , they might have put it wrongly [frustration]

Also I saw that they were tightening and loosening the wheel nuts in Star fashion only, but they did not had the wrench you mentioned, but had something which was operated using power but it was not at all a manual type.
They also did mention and explained the way they fix the tires i.e. outer side, inner side and red and yellow circles on the tires. All seemed to be correct with respect to these points.

After all this check was done, they refilled the front left Tire pressure to 33 PSI along with all other tires and then moved the front left tire to left rear side and left rear side tire to left front side. He said this should solve the issue and if its not he said I can visit them again, that time they will do more checks on Tires and Valves to see any issues.

I could not check the wobbling issue thoroughly as within city limits I could not go above 100 KMPH, but I touched 100 KMPH ( on a empty 6 Lane Road at night) and when braked hard, did not observe any issues.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the problem is fixed . I will once again check on this when I get a chance to inspect at 110-120 KMPH speed and update here.

Also I took photos of Rotor of the front left side when they had removed the tire for checking balancing, please have a look and suggest me if we can make out anything from these pics [roll]

Attachments

Srikanth ( CRACING )- I visited the Tire shop on last weekend and they checked the balancing of all the tires and said Balancing is fine. But how ever he observed that left Front Tire Air has come down to 28 PSI ( he did mention that there are no punctures) where as he had said that earlier he had set all the tires to 33 PSI. But when pushed further he said probably while filling the air first time , they might have put it wrongly [frustration]
Possibility of faulty valve?

Buy a tyre pressure gauge if you don't have one and keep track on all tyres pressure weekly.

I have one bought from Speedwav aka Jazzmyride seller. Here is the link. Compared to my tyre inflator guage, it is near accurate but one needs to hold the valve stem and gauge stem together firmly, otherwise it leaks air or gives improper reading.

Coido tyre pressure gauge is also good but I don't know which seller has original one. I have looked for tyre pressure gauge with screw on valve (Just like how it is in tyre inflators) but couldn't find one. All are like push into valve stem to take reading.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the problem is fixed . I will once again check on this when I get a chance to inspect at 110-120 KMPH speed and update here.
Ok fingers crossed too. [:)]

Possibility of faulty valve?
May be not sure [confused] [roll] , when I asked Tire shop folks, they said Valve is working fine, but I am not 100% sure on this.
Anyways I have a plan for a long journey this weekend, if it happens I will check the air pressure before refilling the air in one of the fuel stations where I regularly fill fuel and air, if not I may not take out the car this weekend and will check this when I take out the car next time

Buy a tyre pressure gauge if you don't have one and keep track on all tyres pressure weekly.
Thanks, let me check on this and see

Ok fingers crossed too. [:)]
Yes, I am also hoping that issue is solved, will check and update here

Last edited:

Top Bottom