New Scooter For City Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,after a long time I'm posting in this forum.As I have started driving scooter since last 1 year,my addiction on scooter has grown.Till now I have driven Access 125,Vespa,Dio,Activa,Hero Maestro and Mahindra Duro.Now,planning to buy a scooter for myself.I have decided Vespa as my next ride.But,still considering Honda Dio and Activa 110 or 125.Which is best?

Re: Scooter for city runs

Hi guys,after a long time I'm posting in this forum.As I have started driving scooter since last 1 year,my addiction on scooter has grown.Till now I have driven Access 125,Vespa,Dio,Activa,Hero Maestro and Mahindra Duro.Now,planning to buy a scooter for myself.I have decided Vespa as my next ride.But,still considering Honda Dio and Activa 110 or 125.Which is best?
If budget is not a constraint then Vespa would be be great buy for following reason:
1: Best look.
2: Better Supension
3: Decent mileage - 40+ in Bangalore traffic.
4: Ability to maintain high speed of 80-90 KMPH for long run.
5: Easy to maneuver.
6: No rattle and vibration as the whole unit is made of one piece of steel plate except front mud guard.
7: It will be also rare vehicle on road.
8: Good service when compared with Honda ( I sold -Activa it as all three service center of Honda in Bangalore did not able to fix the power drop in 3 occasion then I consulted local mechanic and he told that just replace V Belt)

You made the decision already, don't get confused again. Market is flooded with potential products now-a-days and those keep the mad monkey inside us jumping from one product to the other. If budget isn't an constrain, settle for Vespa.
1.jpg

PS: There are more powerful scooters expected very soon (150cc segment) See if you could wait (no defined timeline though)

Last edited:

God Mr boss. you should have been hosting the program on history TV 18 called YOUR BLEEPED UP BRAIN. I noticed that he had made a choice already but never noticed it in the signature. your post made me go back and see it. ME brains really bleeped up. Anyways Vespa is definitely a smart choice. don't bother looking at other things which can in-turn confuse you.

Thread Starter #6
Nanofreak-TD'ed the Jupiter.I'm impressed with its performance.Considering Jupiter as my next scoot.
Ertiga_ZMR-Thanks for your review on Vespa.Already impressed with Vespa.

Now,considering Activa 125,Dio,Vespa and Jupiter as my next scoot.Buying frame would be by March end.As of now,Activa 125 waiting is 2-3 months in Hyderabad.

Scooters from Suzuki are also good. I don't recommend honda scooter because of bad service and quality is not upto the honda japan level mark.

If it has to be a scooter then it has to be a Vespa and it should be yellow color, else expect a legal notice from my side! :stupid:

Why Vespa?

Because it's a Vespa and it looks the best <3

• Vespa has the best paint quality
  • Vespa is a 'male' scooter as it's made of metal. Plastic things are meant for women :biggrin:
  • Vespa has the best engine with best ET and good engine life factor too.
  • Vespa has good dynamics
  • Vespa has fantastic attention to detail paid to every single point

So:
vespa.jpg

Well, you need to Vespa now!!

And yes, Vespa can do this too :stupid:
14562_10151925846152003_238041247_n.jpg

I'd suggest you to buy a Vespa and make this your callertune:

Last edited:
Just freekingly go for veeeeespaaaa
Im loving it.
Its a perfect scooter.
If you are married.
Just drive her in it
Wat a romantic it will be.

Its a romantic and sexy scooter with solid build quality.

If you say scooter, its nothing than a vespa! Go for it.
<3

Thread Starter #12
Vipul and Stringay91-Thank you for suggesting Vespa.Now,I have ruled out Activa series because 110 is common and 125 has waiting period of 2 months.So,considering Honda Dio and Vespa.I liked Dio in Matte Grey colour.It looks sexy in that colour.If I buy Dio,I will buy in Matte or White colour.

Now,price of Activa 125 is Rs.72K and 110 is Rs.64K.Price of Dio is Rs.60K.

Last edited:
I would suggest going for the dio some people feel they need the scooter to show their gender if you are not one of them go for the dio the hump in the Vespa makes carrying things awkward.

Thread Starter #14
Got a call from Vespa showroom that he is offering ₹1200 to ₹1300 Holi festival discount on Vespa.Now,present cost of VX is ₹90K with accessories and S price is ₹95K with accessories.

BTW,does Activa 125 have Drum brakes?Honda dealer has an Activa 125 with drum brakes immediately.

Got a call from Vespa showroom that he is offering ₹1200 to ₹1300 Holi festival discount on Vespa.Now,present cost of VX is ₹90K with accessories and S price is ₹95K with accessories.

BTW,does Activa 125 have Drum brakes?Honda dealer has an Activa 125 with drum brakes immediately.
It is nice deal to get Vespa S at 95K, here in Bangalore I paid more than a lakh including following set of accessories:
1: Windshield - 1800
2: All round guard :- aprox 3000
3: Front mud guard : 500
4: Rear Seat support : 500
5: Footmat : 800
and some more :)..

Good part is that all accessories are made by Vespa and quality of steel is very heavy and robust so expensive.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom