New Scooter For City Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey activa 125 didn't have waiting period. My neighbor's got activa 125 in 3 days!!!! Without disk brake though. Dude 40k for access it's too much. Post ad in olx.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32
Hey activa 125 didn't have waiting period. My neighbor's got activa 125 in 3 days!!!! Without disk brake though. Dude 40k for access it's too much. Post ad in olx.
Thanks for the information Manish.I got to know from my cousin about waiting period of Activa 125.He said he will give the scooter by same day evening.But I want disc brakes because I drive in a spirited manner.

Posted the ad in OLX and waiting for the response.

Thread Starter #33
Guys,I have a doubt.If we buy a scooter under my mother and in few months as we are going to buy a new car too it will attract tax if we buy two vehicles under her name right?

Guys,I have a doubt.If we buy a scooter under my mother and in few months as we are going to buy a new car too it will attract tax if we buy two vehicles under her name right?
Yes. If your buying scooter under your mom's name first time it will attract 12% and second vehicle attracts 14-15%!!!!!!. If 3rd vehicle it will attract 16 percent%.

Music Swift I would personally suggest to stay away from Dio and rather opt for an Activa. I own a Matt Grey Dio bought in Feb 2012.

I bought this vehicle after Honda launched the new DIO. It has only run 8K in the last 3 yrs.

One of the biggest disadvantage is it is all Fibre Body.. The front mud guard is very delicate that it started cracking. Reason given by the SA at Showroom - Sir you would have gone fast on a pothole....

If you notice the new DIO which was launched with mutli colors option, the steel body guard is just everywhere around the vehicle. Looks like Honda realized that they would need to put lot of steel body guards in order to protect it fibre body vehicle....

Thread Starter #36
Yes. If your buying scooter under your mom's name first time it will attract 12% and second vehicle attracts 14-15%!!!!!!. If 3rd vehicle it will attract 16 percent%.
We are planning to buy scooter without any loan.So,if we buy scooter with cash purchase under her name,can we buy new car with loan under her name or should we pay the extra 2% tax.

As of now,my heart says to get Vespa or Honda Dio head says to get Activa 125.But want to play safe this time as Honda A.S.S is nearer to our home whereas Vespa A.S.S is 10 Km away from our home.

Last edited:
We are planning to buy scooter without any loan.So,if we buy scooter with cash purchase under her name,can we buy new car with loan under her name or should we pay the extra 2% tax.

As of now,my heart says to get Vespa or Honda Dio head says to get Activa 125.But want to play safe this time as Honda A.S.S is nearer to our home whereas Vespa A.S.S is 10 Km away from our home.
Yes if you buy with loan or cash it will attract 14%for second vehicle & 16% third vehicle.
I have bought my cbr250r under my name.
After that buying cb trigger as it attracts 14% i got price difference of 5500 rupees!!!! Then bought under my brother name. Even when we bought our linea under my dad's name second time when we bought figo the price difference was 15-20k didn't remember correctly so bought under my mom's name.
Now buying our xuv500 under my grandfather name because as third vehicle attracts 16% price difference was 25-30k. This stupid rule is only for our telangana and andhrapradesh

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38
Kamal-I didn't know that Dio's body is fibre.If it is Activa,I will consider only Activa 125.No Activa 3G 110 because it is common in our city and my friends and cousin owns the same.So,wanted something different thing from Activa series.Didn't like Activa-i because of its looks.

Manish-This stupid rule is applicable in all states AFAIK.Many people,who bought vehicles for second and third time,has guts to pay extra for their vehicles.However we are in a dilemma whether we should buy car under mom's name or company's name.

Kamal-I didn't know that Dio's body is fibre.If it is Activa,I will consider only Activa 125.No Activa 3G 110 because it is common in our city and my friends and cousin owns the same.So,wanted something different thing from Activa series.Didn't like Activa-i because of its looks.

Music Swift - I agree with you on Activa i , it looks very sleek. Coming to your choice of Activa 125 , did you get a chance to look at the vehicle. I was at Haiku Honda yesterday, at my first sight I found the body shell was very hard and can take good wear and tear.

On the design perspective and styling I would rate if 6 out of 10....

Thread Starter #40
Kamal-Good to know that Activa 125 front mudguard is hard and take good tear and wear.BTW,what's the waiting period and price of Activa 125 Disc version?

I am not sure on the Waiting period on the Disc version.. but I can check on that for you, as I would be visiting the dealer shortly to take my vehicle back...

Thread Starter #42
I am not sure on the Waiting period on the Disc version.. but I can check on that for you, as I would be visiting the dealer shortly to take my vehicle back...
Thanks for the confirmation sir.

BTW,confirmed from my friend who bought Activa 3G over Dio a month ago regarding the difference between two vehicles.He said Dio gives lesser FE than Activa and price difference between these two was not much.As per him Activa's body is metal and Dio is fiber.

FE is slightly lower compared to the Activa, I should admit I did not put a lot of emphasis on FE as my usage was very limited.

The Dio body is extremely delicate, my vehicle is currently with the dealer as I want to get rid of the cracked mudguard and front body kit. Due to these issues my drive has become rather noisy [frustration] then peaceful.

Some of our friends in the forum have suggested TVS Jupiter. It is a very sturdy vehicle and I would agree with them. Biggest issue with TVS in Bangalore is their after sales service..

Thread Starter #44
Sad to see Honda discontinued Activa 125 in silver colour which was my favorite colour.Rebel red colour has replaced silver colour.What a marketing gimmick by Honda.If silver is still available in Activa 125,I will directly go and purchase it or else will go for Black or my original choice,Honda Dio or Vespa.

Music Swift I would personally suggest to stay away from Dio and rather opt for an Activa. I own a Matt Grey Dio bought in Feb 2012.

I bought this vehicle after Honda launched the new DIO. It has only run 8K in the last 3 yrs.

One of the biggest disadvantage is it is all Fibre Body.. The front mud guard is very delicate that it started cracking. Reason given by the SA at Showroom - Sir you would have gone fast on a pothole....

If you notice the new DIO which was launched with mutli colors option, the steel body guard is just everywhere around the vehicle. Looks like Honda realized that they would need to put lot of steel body guards in order to protect it fibre body vehicle....
Hi bro, even I have a Honda Dio and believe me there is nothing wrong in having a fibre body. It is as good as having a steel body. Your scooty is a one off case I believe,

FE is slightly lower compared to the Activa, I should admit I did not put a lot of emphasis on FE as my usage was very limited.

The Dio body is extremely delicate, my vehicle is currently with the dealer as I want to get rid of the cracked mudguard and front body kit. Due to these issues my drive has become rather noisy [frustration] then peaceful.

Some of our friends in the forum have suggested TVS Jupiter. It is a very sturdy vehicle and I would agree with them. Biggest issue with TVS in Bangalore is their after sales service..
Not true at all! Man you are talking about a scooty, not a plastic container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom