New Scooter For City Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Music nice to see you back buddy

how was the Jupiter TD

i dropped Jupiter due to many negative reviews on mouthshut

more over i called Trijal TVS at marathahalli and the guy was in a hurry to catch the train

Last edited by a moderator:
just checked out Jupiter today

never knew front body is fiber

and surprisingly 2 thousand costlier than activa

trijal tvs gave me quotation of 65 thousand for that piece of crap

Thread Starter #18
Almost decided to go for Honda Dio as I liked the looks.On road in our city is ₹59624 with RSA,EW,Teflon coating,accessories,permanent registration.Planning to go for White or Matte Grey.Which colour is best?I liked both but I like Matte Grey over White.

Last edited:
just checked out Jupiter today

and surprisingly 2 thousand costlier than activa

trijal tvs gave me quotation of 65 thousand for that piece of crap
How can there be such a huge difference where activa is costlier then jupiter which is around 60k in ahmedabad where else jupiter gets around 55k.
HOw can it be quoted by your dealer close to 65k.

Almost decided to go for Honda Dio as I liked the looks.On road in our city is ₹59624 with RSA,EW,Teflon coating,accessories,permanent registration.Planning to go for White or Matte Grey.Which colour is best?I liked both but I like Matte Grey over White.
Red is my personal fav in Dio
OTR in Hyd is slightly expensive. Even if I add teflon coating. What accessories you getting in that price?
OTR in Mumbai is -->

Attachments

Thread Starter #21
Dropped the idea of buying scooter due to some reasons.Maybe I will be buying in another 6 months or 1 year or else will buy a Sportsbike like R15,KTM Duke or RC,which are my favorites after I turn 18(my present age is just 16 years and I turn 17 this august)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Good to see another teenager, Hi buddy!
Hello after a long time.Almost decided to buy new scooter for myself.But,my father is stopping me from buying a scooter as he wants me to learn car driving over driving scooter.I have an interest on buying scooter since I learnt driving scooter.However,I'm buying scooter under my mom's name.No loans only net cash as we are going to buy a car soon under her name.

Now,coming to the selection of scooters,I'm looking at Dio,Activa 125 and Vespa.I don't want to go for Activa 3G as it is common in our streets and considered Activa 125 over 110 version.I almost decided to buy Dio for myself few months ago in single tone colour.But got to know that dual tone colour has released and single tone colours has been discontinued.But,still love the Matte grey in Dio.Sad that Honda discontinued it.As of now,asking my parents to arrange the funds for new scooter as I can get the scooter within a day or a two.

Dio has been decided as my first scooter ever and still looking at colour options.I liked White+Black and White+Red in Dio but hard to decide which colour is best.

Thread Starter #24
Hello after a long time.Almost decided to buy new scooter for myself.But,my father is stopping me from buying a scooter as he wants me to learn car driving over driving scooter.I have an interest on buying scooter since I learnt driving scooter.However,I'm buying scooter under my mom's name.No loans only net cash as we are going to buy a car soon under her name.

Now,coming to the selection of scooters,I'm looking at Dio,Activa 125 and Vespa.I don't want to go for Activa 3G as it is common in our streets and considered Activa 125 over 110 version.I almost decided to buy Dio for myself few months ago in single tone colour.But got to know that dual tone colour has released and single tone colours has been discontinued.But,still love the Matte grey in Dio.Sad that Honda discontinued it.As of now,asking my parents to arrange the funds for new scooter as I can get the scooter within a day or a two.

Dio has been decided as my first scooter ever and still looking at colour options.I liked White+Black and White+Red in Dio but hard to decide which colour is best.
No replies to this thread till now.

But,my father is stopping me from buying a scooter as he wants me to learn car driving over driving scooter.
Even if you have the grace to drive a two wheeler in city, cars are much better in terms of safety, pollution, and the summer. People who drive more two wheelers get more tired than the four wheelers. (When it is for long duration drives) And it is good to drive a car than a two wheeler when you want to go for shopping, etc. so in most cases cars are much better than two wheelers except the Fuel Efficiency [:D]

Hi Music_Swift, I have a Honda Dio and can say that it is a wonderful first scooter to buy. BTW, I have the matte grey version and it does look pretty cool but I regret not buying the white since it looks much better. My suggestion go for the white and black combo, looks really good IMO.

Thread Starter #27
Thank you CLJ.Dio has been my favourite scooter since I saw it in Matte Black colour.Sad that Honda discontinued it.Was consulted by my cousin,who bought Activa 3G in April,said me to go for Dio in White and Black colour.He could have bought the Dio but his father didn't like Dio due to being youth'ish.So,he suggested me to go for Dio or Activa 125.

Thread Starter #28
Now posting the positives of scooters which I have ridden.

Vespa:

+Looks hot in Yellow and Matte Black
+Brand name
+Lighter than Access and Activa
+Performance
+FE

-Price
-Service center is 10 Km away from my home
-Expensive accessories

Dio

+Looks
+Honda reliability
+Lighter than Activa,Access
+Service center is near to my home
+Price
+Performace is better than Activa 110 due to light weight

-Dual tone colours are not good.I prefer older colours over newer ones.I prefer White+Black in dual tone colours

Activa 125

+Most reliable scooter in India
+Looks better than Activa 110 due to black mask above headlight
+Performace-Havent driven the scooter till now
+FE due to HET technology
+Better suspension than Activa 110 due to telescopic
+Front Disc brakes

-Price,though cheaper than Vespa by ₹12,000

Access 125

+Power,power,power.Have one at home
+Price
+Light weight

-Ride is bumpy
-Poor brakes
-Poor FE

Now,coming to waiting period of Vespa,it is readily available.Dio is also readily available.Activa 125 waiting period was 1-2 months.As per recent information,the dealer is giving Activa 125 immediately.

Present pricing of Vespa VX and S is ₹90K after accessories and ₹95K after accessories.Dio's on road is ₹60K with accessories and Activa 125's on road is ₹72K without accessories.As per my friend who bought Activa 3G recently said Activa 125 pricing is ₹80K with accessories.

And,planning to replace Suzuki Access 125 Jan 2012 version which has done just 8700 Km in 3.5 years.This is used by my grand father,whose age is 74 years and 5'4 inches and above 70 Kg and still strong.He felt his Access suspension is worst,brakes are poor and FE is poor.He was fooled by an Access owner in his locality by saying FE is excellent and better service than Activa.We almost decided to book Activa when we are looking to buy a new one for himself in 2011-12.Eventually,he bought Access over Activa due to waiting period.Considering Activa 125 as a replacement for Access as it has better suspension,reliability,brakes.So,how much I could expect for our Access 125?We are expecting about ₹40K as this scooter has run just 8700 Km.This vehicle was bought for ₹56K in Jan 2012 and was manufactured in December 2011.

About myself,we will decide and buy as soon as my mom comes from USA.

Last edited:
Now posting the positives of scooters which I have ridden.

Vespa:

-Expensive accessories

No my friend, accessories are not expensive what the quality they are offering. The accessories what we get in Honda is kind of tin with crome coated while Vespa is solid steel.Do compare the quality and you will not feel bad to pay for it.

Thread Starter #30
No my friend, accessories are not expensive what the quality they are offering. The accessories what we get in Honda is kind of tin with crome coated while Vespa is solid steel.Do compare the quality and you will not feel bad to pay for it.
Thanks for the confirmation Alok Sir.Vespa's steel is indeed strong.Presently,my mom is in US and will buy as soon as she comes.She likes Vespa in yellow colour over other colours.I have driven Vespa two times and I got impressed with it.There is no Activa 125 TD in our vicnity till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom