New Nissan Micra CVT: Ownership Review at 500 Kms

^^Sethu Sir, most of the Automatics give bit less mileage but here Nissan played very well with the CVT which is efficient in power reasonably and at the same time good FE. I have experienced this with Sunny CVT and I enjoyed driving it in city, but you need to get used to the Automatic transmission and should not over rev to get out of the traffic junctions quickly like the manual transmission.

I used to drive i10 automatic. My i10 automatic used to give me mileage more than that of manual i10. You just need to sync your head with the shifting pattern of automatic, then see the magic.

Keep you thread alive regarding micra cvt with lots of advantages, disadvantages etc. I think I will go for this one if I get a test drive.

Thread Starter #33
Re: New Nissan Micra CVT: Ownership review update at 1000 Kms

^^Sethu Sir, most of the Automatics give bit less mileage but here Nissan played very well with the CVT which is efficient in power reasonably and at the same time good FE. I have experienced this with Sunny CVT and I enjoyed driving it in city, but you need to get used to the Automatic transmission and should not over rev to get out of the traffic junctions quickly like the manual transmission.
+1 to Gurrala74's view. One needs to get used to the gearbox and engine, then an automatic can give FE close to or even more than a manual.

I used to drive i10 automatic. My i10 automatic used to give me mileage more than that of manual i10. You just need to sync your head with the shifting pattern of automatic, then see the magic.
+1 to amiti. Excellently put by you, its "magic"[:)]. In fact they can also give you some real speedy performance if you give appropriate inputs to the gas pedal.

Congrats Ajit for the new car. The car and the features seemed impressive to me, hence i went ahead and bought it last Saturday.

Contrary to the reviews on Nissan Dealerships, my buying and delivery experience was awesome. Enjoying the smooth and pleasurable ride in crazy Bangalore Traffic. Have clocked around 400k and as per the dashboard FE indicator, the avg seems to be around 12.8. I am sure that it would go up to the 13-14 mark in the next few days. I also own a i10 automatic and the less said about its FE, the better it is...

This is a good product (though a tad pricey), so Nissan needs to ensure that the customer experience is always positive and that should get them better volumes.

Wishing you lots and lots of happy miles on your new ride!!

Thread Starter #35
Congrats Ajit for the new car. The car and the features seemed impressive to me, hence i went ahead and bought it last Saturday.

Contrary to the reviews on Nissan Dealerships, my buying and delivery experience was awesome. Enjoying the smooth and pleasurable ride in crazy Bangalore Traffic. Have clocked around 400k and as per the dashboard FE indicator, the avg seems to be around 12.8. I am sure that it would go up to the 13-14 mark in the next few days. I also own a i10 automatic and the less said about its FE, the better it is...

This is a good product (though a tad pricey), so Nissan needs to ensure that the customer experience is always positive and that should get them better volumes.

Wishing you lots and lots of happy miles on your new ride!!
Congrats and welcome to the Micra CVT owners group. Your mileage shall increase with use as various parts run-in making the car smoother and more friction free. Totally agree with you on the price thing. All car makers in India are charging a premium for automatics. Could be because of the imported transmission or bigger margins(:frown:).

Wishing you excellent fuel economy and reliability with your vehicle.

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words Ajit!!

Did my first tank full at 500Km mark. After that drove around 52 kms more. While filling up the tank, I also checked the tire pressure and it was 45psi (not sure why it was delivered with this figure as the recommended is 29psi [confused]), so I reduced it to 32 psi. Now the Onboard FE indicator is at around 13.2kmpl.

I must say that the engine seems to be pretty refined and is a gem to drive with power available on tap.

Please could you let me know what was done during the first servicing at 1000kms mark. I am expecting to hit that next week.

Thread Starter #37
Re: New Nissan Micra CVT: Ownership Review - now at 1000 Kms

@optimumspeed - My dealer said service was due only at 6months/10000 kms whichever comes earlier. The owners manual doesn't mention a need for 1000 kms serivicing either. I am already at 1075 kms on the odo. Let me know about your servicing experience @1000 kms.

Yes the tyre pressure recommended for both front and rear is 29 psi if not fully loaded. If fully loaded rear tyres should be set to 42 psi, front remains 29. Around 30-32 psi is a good number to keep. I had asked the dealer to maintain tyre pressures before delivery and haven't done a tyre pressure check yet (~2.5 months since delivery).

Good to see your mileage figures improving. And agree with you the engine is a gem(read:very smooth).

Cheers
Ajit

Last edited:
Hey Ajit..congrats on completing 1500kms and hats off to your driving style for getting such excellent mileage figures.

I have completed 3000km in Bangalore traffic and the mileage is still around the 13.5 mark. It was on the rise initially till 1000kms and after that i took it for the 1st service (1000km inspection) and it seems the service center folks did some tuning and after that the mileage dropped down to 12 - 12.5. After checking for a couple of weeks, i took the car back to them and inquired as to what exactly was tuned. then came to know that they had increased my idling RPM than what was there during delivery[frustration]. I asked them to revert it back. 2 weeks have gone by now and it seems that my FE figures are on the rise.

But with crazy bangalore stop and go traffic, it seems that it would be pretty challenging to hit the 15kmpl mark.

Please keep on updating your post and share your experiences!!!

Thread Starter #40
@optimumspeed You are raking up miles pretty fast.[:)] Bangalore traffic to my knowledge is far worse than Pune. Higher mileage figures could be a result of this more than anything else. I switch off the engine at traffic lights if the wait is more than 60 secs. Mileage is now stable at 15.2 kmpl within city with AC.

Did you ask your dealer the reason for raising idle rpm? Its a strange thing to do for a car performing well.

My dealer did not offer me a free 1000 km check-up and I am Ok that way. Better to stay away as much as possible, not 100% confident about the dealer's expertise and work. However I have to complete the first service in a couple of months. Will try to make sure they do nothing more than what the service booklet says and stay away from any engine tuning. Thanks. Ajit

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41
2000 kms up yesterday. 95% in office hour Pune city traffic. Car hasn't had a good look at highways yet as was expected while making the purchase decision. Average mileage with AC on all the time has dropped slightly to 15.1 Kmpl. Added Nissan genuine transparent PVC mats recently. Cost 1185 Rs.
03032014514.jpg

03032014515.jpg

Top Bottom