New Mercedes Smart To Hit the Market in 2012

Re: Spied Mercedes Smart

YUCK!!!!!! There is nothing "Mercedes" about this ugly duckling. Looks too bad a design to be called a SMART one.

freakdude.

YUCK!!!!!! There is nothing "Mercedes" about this ugly duckling. Looks too bad a design to be called a SMART one.

freakdude.
Actually the car is quite popular in Europe, I've seen the car on the highways as well so I think it does prove its road usability by appearing on the highways as well

Actually the car is quite popular in Europe, I've seen the car on the highways as well so I think it does prove its road usability by appearing on the highways as well
No offences mate, my comment only targeted it's appearance not not it's capabilities. It's just like we have had best designs from merc. time after time and then this SMART one. Just doesn't fit under the design traditions of merc.

freakdude.

No offences mate, my comment only targeted it's appearance not not it's capabilities. It's just like we have had best designs from merc. time after time and then this SMART one. Just doesn't fit under the design traditions of merc.

freakdude.
+100 to that buddy. The design and appearence is now way close to MERC

This car was used in the a song from the movie 'Salam Namaste'; starring Saif Ali Khan and Priety Zinta.[:D]
It wasn't the 451. It was the previous model.

However, it doesn't make it any better. It is ugly, boring to drive, the Mercedes engined version had lots of trouble needing engine rebuilds and is not as practical as it appears.

The current one uses a Mitsubishi engine, which seems to be better, but the gearbox changes gear for to slow till date.

Having had one parked next to one of my Fiat Cinquecentos I noticed that the Cinquecento is just over a foot longer, boasting a bigger boot, three more seats and more comfort.And it is way to expensive.

I am an anti fan of Toyota, but I would prefer an iQ.

Smart Fortwo

The Smart Fortwo is a rear-engined two-seater city car manufactured by Smart GmbH, introduced at the 1998 Paris Motor Show as the Smart City Coupé, and currently in its second generation. The name refers to its seat capacity.[1] An all-electric version was introduced in 2007, the Smart electric drive, and a second generation, with a total of 2,000 electric cars was produced between 2009 and 2012.

smart-fortwo-16.jpg

Smart+Fortwo+2011+03.jpg

2001_smart_fortwo-pic-51077.jpeg

2008_smart_fortwo_passion_cabrio_top-thumb.jpg

smart-car.jpg

smart-fortwo-4.jpg

280px-2008_Smart_ForTwo_Passion_convertible_--_04-22-2011_2.jpg

smartev.jpg

Modified Smart ForTwo - LIMO
smart_fortwo_limo_opt.jpg

Though the Smart ForTwo is no bigger than the Tata Nano, the monocoque is strong enough to withstand 3.5 tonnes of weight on its roof, as showcased in this recent advert.

Smart has no plans to launch in India as Daimler's focus is on redeeming market share and leadership position in the Indian luxury market through launching Mercedes-Benz brand cars.

178987_10151158931211234_103786185_n.png

^^ But Nano has 4 seats, Smart has 2, meaning well layout & more comfy seats for 2. And I think, this is really nice car, especially for girls/women who drive almost 99.99% in city.
The only issue is availability of electricity. [lol]

^^ But Nano has 4 seats, Smart has 2, meaning well layout & more comfy seats for 2. And I think, this is really nice car, especially for girls/women who drive almost 99.99% in city.
The only issue is availability of electricity. [lol]
correctly said S_class. best for female drivers. If the same can be made with diesel/petrol as fuel and little bit low cost am sure this is going to be major hit here in India.

Top Bottom