New Member To the Family..(Pre-Owned Maruti 800)

Thread Starter #1
Me and my friend started searching a car for him as he has to learn driving and to use it as his first car. Another friend of mine suggested me a 2000 model Hyundai Santro Zip Drive. So drove almost 50 kms to see the car. First impression of the car itself was really bad. Front grille and many other parts are broken or missing, many wires were hanging inside. Even the battery was empty and we push started the car drove it. The engine was in ok condition. I asked him for the RC and all. But the RC was missing and he said he'll get the duplicate in two weeks. And the asking price was 100k. I got shocked as it's overall condition was pathetic.
So I came back and simply made a visit to Maruti True Value dealership in my city. Searched for some cars which come around 100k.As AC was not mandatory he showed us a 2004 carburetor non AC Maruti 800 which has clocked around 59k. But the interior was really dirty. He promised to clean the interior and a body waxing. I spotted a rusted reflector also. He promised to replace the reflector also. He quoted 120k for that car and after much bargaining, the deal was fixed at 112k.
Next day we went there early morning and took a test drive of the car and didnt smell anything fishy. The reverse light was not working and the indicators except Hazard Warning were not working. He promised to repair that also. So gave the token advance for the car and asked them to do the work. We went back in the afternoon and gave the full amount. We went back by evening and our car was getting a wash. After the wash, when they tried starting it, it refused to, as the battery was empty. So we demanded a battery replacement. Go that also done, and then it went for waxing. The waxing was just for name sake and of no use. After the waxing, car came out of the work area and the executive handed over the keys. And he said reflector is not replaced as the it was out of stock. So he gave a written statement about Reflector replacement. The overall work done by them was impressive.
Here are some pics of the beauty..

06072010100.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

06072010120.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

06072010117.jpg

06072010109.jpg

06072010108.jpg

06072010106.jpg

06072010105.jpg

BTW, as he works in Dubai, so the car will be with me for sometime as he leaves next week..[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Nowhere in my City I can get a 2004 model 800 for 80k. I could have got it at 100k if it was a direct deal with the customer. As we get one year warranty on engine and three free services, we came on this deal.

Looks good but imo its a bit expensive. Maybe its due to high prices at your place.

Nowhere in my City I can get a 2004 model 800 for 80k. I could have got it at 100k if it was a direct deal with the customer. As we get one year warranty on engine and three free services, we came on this deal.
BB i have many of friends who have purchased 2006 model around that range of 80k.

Such a car should be fetched for 80-95k buddy, you paid more.

but nevertheless, the car seems to be in a great condition & very well maintained. congrats.

Nice car! However, the AC vents (if you can call them those) look real dusty.
But Oh No!
If you would have been buying 2 months later, ie- August or Sept., another option of your's would have been my very own M800. We'll most probably be selling it off when we buy a newer car. Its a 2001 end model 4spd with retro-fitted AC, Cassette player, seat covers et al. It has run just 36000 km, and is very well maintained.
Hell! One potential buyer lost![frustration][:frown:]

Anyway, any plans of fitting an AC? And what ICE does it have?

AMG

Suspended
Then what is the ambi-PUR care perfume doing on the AC vents?
I mean it should have been the gel type perfume, then.

350Z

Core Team
Blackbeauty, Congratulations for the new old ride and welcome to the 800 Club. The car looks fairly well maintained and I’m not surprised that you brought it for a few bucks more than Rs.1 Lakhs. (My ‘03 MPFi, A/C model still ideally has approx. value of Rs.90,000) and after all you made the purchase from an authorized used car seller like True Value, so this is much expected. Anyways, For how long you/your friend plan to keep this one? And are there any accessories on the cards?

AMG said:
Then what is the ambi-PUR care perfume doing on the AC vents?I mean it should have been the gel type perfume, then.
If the car does not have an air conditioner, it does not translate that it won’t have vents too. Those vents are present because normal fan still works.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Then what is the ambi-PUR care perfume doing on the AC vents?
I mean it should have been the gel type perfume, then.
If the car does not have an air conditioner, it does not translate that it won’t have vents too. Those vents are present because normal fan still works.
Precisely. And the Blower enables use of the Ambi-Pur.

Top Bottom