New Maruti Swift Versus Rest of the Competition!

Your favourite hatchback?

• Total voters
Added some more word in my one post in bold
From where did you see this car.I har TD car was not there.VDI was in display.May be the demo car was inside.
I didnt feel anything special in new swift.Iremember the day I saw punto.It got me exited like nothing but not the new swift.
I have seen may people(media) saying the interior quality of jazz is as good as i20,better than ANHC.
My uncle drives a i20 AT and i didnt feel so great about its interiors.I didnt like the colours used,silver finish.
I have been inside of polo as well as i20,I felt the polo is better in interior,colours used for brilliant,good for the eyes,quality was too great,good build quality.After seeing its interior I felt why would one want t but vento petrol,considering,polo 1.6 is there.Just for boot and rear space?May be a status of a sedan and an auto AC,arm rest.What are other things that vento has over polo?Is there any change in handling and in other characteristics

Last edited:
Interior quality of jazz = i20 and fabia???o!!!!

somebody a typical honda fan is kidding..or may be paid by honda.

wait i will post my short review soon. interior plastic and centre console under gear lever almost came off when i pushed, the SE woman smiled and said that is normal and nobody pushes there...ridiculous...
jayadev - awaiting the review. I have not been able to see a Jazz from inside yet and can not really comment on the interiors. Let some experienced words flowing on the interiors and ride.

My opinion

Performance
Petrol
1. Polo1.6 = Fabia 1.6
2. Jazz 1.2 = Swift 1.2 = Punto 1.4 = Vista 1.2 [all 90 HP]
3. Polo1.2 = Fabia 1.2 = I20 1.2
4. Micra 1.2 = Liva 1.2 = Punto1.2 = Ritz 1.2
5. Figo 1.2 = Beat 1.2 = I10 1.2
6. Aveo 1.2

Diesel
1. Swift
2. Figo
2. Micra = Ritz = Vista
3. I20 = Punto
4. Fabia = Polo

Handling
1. Punto = Liva
2. Jazz = Swift
3. Polo = Fabia = Micra = I20
4. Ritz = Vista = Figo
5. Beat = I10
6. Aveo

Interior quality
1. I20 = Fabia = Jazz
2. Swift = Polo
3. Micra = I10 = Beat
4. Figo = Aveo = Punto = Ritz
5. Vista = Liva

Safety
1. I20
2. Fabia = Polo = Punto
3. Jazz = Swift = Micra = Vista
4. Figo = Beat = Ritz
5. I10 = Aveo

Pricing
1. Jazz
2. Swift
3. Figo = Beat = Ritz = I10 = Vista
4. Fabia = Polo = Punto = Micra = Liva = I20
5. Aveo

Resale
1. Swift
2. Jazz = I20
3. Polo = Fabia = Ritz = I10
4. Vista = Punto = Liva
5. Figo = Micra
6. Aveo

Mileage (ARAI)
Petrol
1. Swift - 22 kmpl
2. I10 - 20 kmpl
3. Ritz = Micra = Liva = Beat - 18 kmpl
4. Polo 1.2 = Fabia 1.2 = I20 = Vista - 17 kmpl
5. Figo = Punto - 16 kmpl
6. Polo 1.6 = Fabia 1.6 = Aveo - 15 kmpl

Diesel
1. Swift - 24 kmpl
2. I20 = Micra -23 kmpl
3. Ritz = Polo - 21 kmpl
4. Fabia = Vista = Figo = 20 kmpl
5. Punto - 18 kmpl
l
Ass
1. Maruti Suzuki - Swift, Ritz
2. Hyundai - I10 = 120
3. Honda - Jazz
4. Toyota - Liva = Tata - Vista = Fiat - Punto = GM - Aveo
5. Nissan - Micra
6. VV - Polo = Skoda - Fabia

Looks
Subjective [glasses]

My choice
Petrol - Jazz
Diesel - Swift
[thumbsup]

PS:These are all my personal opinion.
Great work Surfer. Although it is your personal choice but the way represented it is awesome. [thumbsup]

In my personal openion Ford Figo titanium, it’s a much better buy than the swift.(ZDi and VDi) too.

First let us compare ZDi,

In Ford Figo you will miss
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Rear Power Windows.
  • Automatic AC
  • Tilt Steering
  • ORVM indicators
  • USB Connectivity
  • Steering Mounted Audio Controls.
What you will get in Figo
  • 1.4 Engine
  • Bluetooth connectivity
  • More boot Space More leg room
Prices ZDi 7.3 OTR Mumbai - Titanium 6.2 OTR Mumbai

No comaring with VDi

You will miss in Figo
  • Rear Power windows
  • Tilt Steering.
What you will get in Figo
  • Music system,
  • ABS
  • Airbags
  • More boot Space More leg room
You will be paying Titanium 6.2 means 20K less as compared to VDi which is 6.4OTR mumbai.

{I have considered all measurable differences. Feelings like better resell value, better ASS do not have any dimension and formula to calculate and measure of unit.}

So Save 20K as on today. While comparing with Zdi
Whereas save more than 1 lak and (just on the lighter note)
Do I need to mention what you can do with savings.[;)]

My favourite Diesel hatchback is New Swift and Fiat Punto. However when it comes to Petrol the new Honda Jazz beats all.

@Powerpacked - in Figo you also miss the sportier feel, better ride, and highway character as compared to Swift. Figo is a VFM but when the usage is overtly city. On highway you will feel underpowered and will have trouble boiling it for longer durations.

Although the points you have noted down are all valid.

I think figo is actually fiesta without a boot.Figo got I think one of the bet ride and handling.The previous swifts ride quality is nothing to write home about.
I heard figo has lesser body roll than punto.

@Powerpacked - in Figo you also miss the sportier feel, better ride, and highway character as compared to Swift. Figo is a VFM but when the usage is overtly city. On highway you will feel underpowered and will have trouble boiling it for longer durations.

Although the points you have noted down are all valid.
What exactly is meant by sportier feel? I agree that Swift and Figo both are well engineered cars, Figo has got 1.4 L engine and there should not be any problem on Highways, I have driven Figo and swift both diesel ,Swift has liittle margin over figo in terms of performance. The main problem with Figo is the GC, when it is loaded with 5 passengers it feels like it is touching ground. One of my friend owns figo, we literly need to step out on high speedbreaker to avoid scraping. Imagine with Boot fully loaded with luggage. Problem with Swift , I will never accomodate rear seat whn three pax are travelling at rear, It s hell lot of pian in back and hips. Also the Swift doesny feel airy from inside. Swift is a drivers car not a family one, Figo is a couples car with a single Kid, and Vista is a complete family Hatch.

I think figo is actually fiesta without a boot.Figo got I think one of the bet ride and handling.The previous swifts ride quality is nothing to write home about.
I heard figo has lesser body roll than punto.
Figo is not Fiesta (-) boot.
Figo is built on completely new platform.

Buddy little bit of google will help you in building more understanding about Figo.

guys, I voted for POLO.

Forget comparisons & Logic behind my choice, the poll topic says "Your favourite hatchback"; to be honest with everyone I JUST LOVE THE POLO. I can't explain why?

Its only the price, else I would have been a POLO owner the month it launched.

Powerpacked,
You better star googling.Go and check out wikipedia.
Wikipedia-"The Ford Figo is a subcompact automobile manufactured by Ford India Private Limited in Chennai,India, the Detroit of South Asia (owing to its monopoly in the Indian subcontinent in the auto field) ; based on the fourth generation Ford Fiesta hatchback to be sold in developing countries, it went on sale on 10 March 2010"

Last edited:

Top Bottom