New Maruti Suzuki Swift Test Drive Review

Did you notice the difference in alloy design LHS and RHS. Poor Maruti designers didn’t notice that.[anger]
I do not think, MSIL is stupid enough to make such a big mistake. [evil] To me, one of the pictures you have posted is a mirror of the other one and that is the reason there is a doubt.

Please go to a dealer and check and click pictures there.

@ Surfer, what is your take on this ?

I do not think, MSIL is stupid enough to make such a big mistake. [evil] To me, one of the pictures you have posted is a mirror of the other one and that is the reason there is a doubt.

Please go to a dealer and check and click pictures there.

It is confirmed after the actual visit and inspection of the new swift.
Those pictures are not mirror images.

Advertisement of new swift shows the only RHS view .Even in official website one can check.

If you have got the analytical view can easily spot the difference in pattern of alloys.

Thread Starter #36
did you people find any Blind Spots wile driving because some people raise this issue
Even I was not able find- notice any Blind spot.

Nice review Surfer with great pics
Thanks Amit

Nice work about new swift,.congratz man
Thanks, prakashjga

Patterns of both the wheels falls in same direction?
Agree, Hence they look different in RHS - LHS

Frankly I didn't even thought in that direction [:)]
IMO its not design fault.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #37
One more thing i noticed is - The paint at bottom side is not proper. Please check this picture carefully and you will notice that. Now what is this ? Is this painting fault ? I have checked 3 cars and all of them have same problem.

Attachments

I hope you mean those coarse surface at bottom part.

Well that is paint on the underbody rust treatment layer.
No worries it exist in almost all cars ,even in Punto.

Thanks.NO IMO,
Performance wise Swift is marginally better than Jazz.
Handeling wise Jazz is marginally better than swift.
Jazz S is cheaper than Swift ZXi, offers more features.
Jazz wins in space department.
Jazz Select - 6.65 lakh OTR
Swift ZXI - Between 6.30 to 6.40 lakh OTR

One more thing i noticed is - The paint at bottom side is not proper. Please check this picture carefully and you will notice that. Now what is this ? Is this painting fault ? I have checked 3 cars and all of them have same problem.
IMO this kind rough paint on bottom skirt is to avoid the visible damage due to small stones & tar particles which bound to bang on skirt and damage the paint surface.

Agree, Hence they look different in RHS - LHS

Frankly I didn't even thought in that direction
IMO its not design fault.

If it not design fault then why would they have put those alloys on Swift.
On lighter note did they have short fund to pay the designers or [surprise]
Is it that bad especially for an entry level hatch?
It may be part of cost cutting or convenience for regular wheel rotation.
come on MSIL ''Cost cutting'' Swift is not at all cheap vehicle specially the ‘z’ version and these alloys are on ZXi and Zdi only.[frustration]

If the tyres are unidirectional, the rotation can only be rotated front to back on the same side of the vehicle to preserve the rotational direction of the tyres.

The paint at bottom side is not proper.
Eagle eye- Surfer and thanx for the wownderful review.

This issue is little strange and will like to hear that about from old swift owners. I for one have not observed the same in Jazz. Will re-confirm later.

Anyway, did we get your hands on other variants of Swift. Some owners have reported brake issues in variants without ABS (i.e. Lx & Vx).

Thread Starter #44
The good news is that almost all the problems have been resolved and the company is back on track concentrating on how the Swift can reach more homes. Once the second line at Manesar becomes fully functional in January 2012, 18,000 Swifts are expected to roll out every month. With this, the plant output will go up from 1,400 units a day to 2,100 units a day. Recruitment of manpower is also going on in full swing.

With such plans, MS hopes to clear the existing backlog of the Swift by April 2012. This will not just bring relief to those who have already booked a Swift but will also bring in new customers who avoided the Swift due to the extremely long waiting period.

Source: Maruti Suzuki Swift backlog wipe out by April 2012

Top Bottom