New Maruti Suzuki Swift Test Drive Review

Congrats Aniltny on your New Swift.
Good to know that you have upgraded to the best tyres from Michelin.
Now its a Safe package.
Yes both(i20 & Swift) of them looks good.
Why don't you create a separate ownership report?

Drive Safe, and do update constantly with your ownership reports.

Music player or Stock Head Unit supports iPOd classic as well as my Cowon X7 ,which is 160 gb HDD player

Congrats Aniltny on your New Swift.
Good to know that you have upgraded to the best tyres from Michelin.
Now its a Safe package.
Yes both(i20 & Swift) of them looks good.
Why don't you create a separate ownership report?

Drive Safe, and do update constantly with your ownership reports.
I wished ,but moderators are of opinion ,short reviews are not to be published as seperate thread[glasses]

Attachments

hii.i am planning to buy a car under 5.5 lacs.which car will be best suitable for me? As i am a college going student, I want a car with sporty looks and trendy interiors.i have researched for maruti swift vxi,i20 magna,vw polo.which will be the best.also I want low maintainance..please suggest me asap.you can add any other option also.

Last edited by a moderator:
hii.i am planning to buy a car under 5.5 lacs.which car will be best suitable for me? As i am a college going student, I want a car with sporty looks and trendy interiors.i have researched for maruti swift vxi,i20 magna,vw polo.which will be the best.also I want low maintainance..please suggest me asap.you can add any other option also.
Hello Rahul Welcome to TAI, i think you can get an answer similar to your query in this thread:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nder-5-lakh-booked-ritz-vdi-5.html#post176168

thanks for the reply.but i am still confused as i want sporty looks and ritz,wagon r,doesnt fullfill that.it becomes a bt "uncle types" :p.it would be very helpful of you if you suggest me the best car between swift vxi,i20,vw polo with your expert advice

also i am confused between diesel and petrol.diesel variants of these cars are about 70-90k higher than petrol variants and also with a long waiting period..so i ended up for sequencial cng kit.what would you suggest as i want it to be as economical as possible..my daily run is around 25-30 kms
please reply asap
ty in advance

Thread Starter #84
hii.i am planning to buy a car under 5.5 lacs.which car will be best suitable for me? As i am a college going student, I want a car with sporty looks and trendy interiors
Hi Rahul I will suggest you to go for Honda Brio.
It has sporty look, cool driving dynamics, Trendy interiors. Low maintenance and good fuel efficiency. Also S(O)MT will fit within your budget which will offer you ABS.

Also from your choices swift is best.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply.I prefer to opt for swift as swift is bigger than brio and also I found brio's back a little bit odd.
firstly I was planning to take i20 as it has both..gorgeous interiors and exterior..but the new model of i20 is not as attractive as the new swift
please correct me if I am wrong.

Thread Starter #86
but the new model of i20 is not as attractive as the new swift
please correct me if I am wrong.
Looks choice is always personal, so if you like swift then go with swift [:)]
But in 5.5 L I think you will get LXi for VXi you have to stretch your budget a bit more.
In case then check Jazz also.

I've heard that the taller ones frequently bang their heads with the roof while getting in the rear for the new Swift and Dzire. Can anyone confirm this?

Thread Starter #88
I've heard that the taller ones frequently bang their heads with the roof while getting in the rear for the new Swift and Dzire. Can anyone confirm this?
Strange, didn't noticed this.

Has the poor breaking at crawl speeds in Lxi and VXi variants rectified by Maruti?
Nope, I have not heard of any improvements in the braking department of Lxi/Vxi models.Also, the Ldi/Vdi have a similar set-up and do not provide adequate braking strength.

Only the Zxi/Zdi variants have good breaks essentially because of ABS and EBD!!

Top Bottom