New Maruti Dzire Facelift (2014) Coming

Thread Starter #1
According to the new news from indianautosblog a new facelifted dzire is getting ready to be launched.
http://http://indianautosblog.com/2014/05/maruti-swift-dzire-facelift-spied-130703

It has got an all new front bumper,a chrome finished grille(similar to amaze) and smoked headlamps.The rear bumper is redesigned as well.

The front as a whole now looks similar to their upcoming sedan ciaz(codenamed YL1),especially the front bumper design.

On the feature side the report suggest that it may come with keyless entry and start/stop button.

The front looks too much like a brio.. the front has lost its suzuki-ness...the current dzire looks much better IMO.. and it is selling like hot cakes..

The front looks too much like a brio.. the front has lost its suzuki-ness...the current dzire looks much better IMO.. and it is selling like hot cakes..
Looks are subjective and surely the Dzire Numbers seen Month on Month are not in anyway connected to its looks for sure.

Looks are subjective and surely the Dzire Numbers seen Month on Month are not in anyway connected to its looks for sure.
I have owned a Dzire from 2008-2011 and even that "frog"-as my sister called it, looked better than the current one. The current Dzire should be called "Bizarre". What is it really ? A sedan ? A hatchback ? or a Bashed-back ?[confused]

I have owned a Dzire from 2008-2011 and even that "frog"-as my sister called it, looked better than the current one. The current Dzire should be called "Bizarre". What is it really ? A sedan ? A hatchback ? or a Bashed-back ?[confused]
+1..

The initial Dezire which came with a full length boot looked like a proper sedan but the current CS version looks like a weird and confused design.

I will vote for Swift hatchback on anyday when compared with the current CS Dezire.

Dzire to be launched by Dec 2014. Spy shots appear to be of Chrome strip grill, tweaked head light, Push button start/stop and New Alloys in the top variant.
B1IqIjsCQAAbXrt.jpg
B1IqH6cCUAA68T6.jpg

Source - NDTV Auto/GW

Dzire to be launched by Dec 2014. Spy shots appear to be of Chrome strip grill, tweaked head light, Push button start/stop and New Alloys in the top variant.
MSIL, Please first remove that big thick chrome stripe from front which looks weird. If only chrome needs to be added, better use multiple chrome strips like the one on Ciaz or on 2nd anniversary Ertiga. And why did you guys left the handles and the side profile? add chrome everywhere!!! This is what face lift in India mean..right?

This facelift should be similar to swift face lift by all means except chrome myaw[anger]

Last edited:
It looks like mix of Amaze, Brio, Mobilio for me. Grille is reminiscent of Brio, Headlights(Lower Portion) look similar to Amaze. Bumper looks very similar to Mobilio.

One thing is for sure, Maruti knows how to spoil the design of its cars when its time for Facelift. Dzire & Alto K10, Ritz, Estilo are the examples. Lets see how Maruti fares in future.

It looks like mix of Amaze, Brio, Mobilio for me. Grille is reminiscent of Brio, Headlights(Lower Portion) look similar to Amaze. Bumper looks very similar to Mobilio.
+1 to that observation!

One thing is for sure, Maruti knows how to spoil the design of its cars when its time for Facelift. Dzire & Alto K10, Ritz, Estilo are the examples. Lets see how Maruti fares in future.
Why only Maruti? Fiat spoiled design of Classic Punto in the name of Evo upgrade/facelift. Nissan spoiled 2014 Sunny in the name of chrome treatment, and there are many to this least. At least Hyundai has done a better job in this area.

New alloy design looks cute.IMO the chrome inserts gave a bad looking to car.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
IMO the chrome inserts gave a bad looking to car.
I agree on this chrome fascination by manufacturers. There seems to be a big misconception that massive chrome use gives a premium look to the car.[frustration]

At present, If you see the Ciaz, the front grill looks graceful with sleek chrome inserts. That's the right type of design that accentuates the front profile of a car and not this "stuck-on-top" chrome mustache somewhat resembling to the 2014 Honda City.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom