New Maruti Alto 800 Now Launched at 2.44 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Suzuki’s 10th mini car Cervo was launched in Japan last November.Now it is making a steady progress towards the Indian market & would probably be here somewhere early 2009.This stunning beauty would make heads turn with its new age styling.

Suzuki Cervo will be equipped with a 1 liter engine & 65 BHP to make it quite a peppy one to maneuver.The Cervo in Japan derives power from a 660cc engine that develops a healthy 55bhp.Suzuki believes it can compete with the TATA’s Nano in terms of pricing steps.Cervo meets Japan’s 4-star emission standards and exceeds the 2010 fuel economy standards by about 10%. Japan imposes concessional duty on cars up to 660cc engine capacity to promote use of small, fuel-efficient cars in the country.

Interior

Karthik.

napster

Suspended
cervo looks 100times better than a-star and ritz, and i heard it'll be carrying a smaller engine, not a 1litre engine coz the car is being sold for 1;lakh so i dont think it'll be a 1ltr engine, look at m800 as of now, it has a 800cc engine and wihtout any features its being sold over 2lakhs, if its sold for 1lakh then it'll be having the same 660cc engine

Thread Starter #4
cervo looks 100times better than a-star and ritz, and i heard it'll be carrying a smaller engine, not a 1litre engine coz the car is being sold for 1;lakh so i dont think it'll be a 1ltr engine, look at m800 as of now, it has a 800cc engine and wihtout any features its being sold over 2lakhs, if its sold for 1lakh then it'll be having the same 660cc engine
There must be a 1ltr model and 660cc model(1 Lac model)

Karthik

This is one of the best design from Suzuki!

I doubt the design will not chnage unlike A-Star :)

Definitely striking & will surely buy one if priced under 2lakhs OTR!

But i think all these will be just rumours :)

Is it really a 1 lakh car ?[shock] It definitely looks better than some of the current car with a price tag a 2 lakh +. Will sell like anything when it come.

Nice looking car, for once from Suzuki. I honestly don't think this car in its current state (interiors, exteriors) will be sold for 1L+.

Cheers,
Vroom

350Z

Core Team
The cervo is unlikely to be sold at 1lakh price tag.

Also, If I remember correctly. Long ago I heard in a TV auto show from MSIL official that they don't have any plans to compete with Nano, MSIL will keep upgrading the 800 and the next upgrade is likely to be the Cervo! Maybe by April 2010 when New emmision norms comes into force?[suspect]

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #10
The cervo is unlikely to be sold at 1lakh price tag.

Also, If I remember correctly. Long ago I heard in a TV auto show from MSIL official that they don't have any plans to compete with Nano, MSIL will keep upgrading the 800 and the next upgrade is likely to be the Cervo! Maybe by April 2010 when New emmision norms comes into force?[suspect]

Drive Safe!
350Z
Maruti-Suzuki has been denying the fact that its looking forward to compete with TATA motors on the Nano project. But it seems they have changed their mind, considering the fact that competitors are giving out better vehicles. They recently organized a rural car fair in Singur smack in the heart of TATA Nano’s national production base. The idea was to simply put on show the company’s vast product portfolio and shell out the good deals to hook buyers picking up on the strong loyalty base it has built up over the past few decades.

Maruti now has felt the need to change the 800 model which started life back in some 18`th century or so. So they are planning to replace it by Suzuki Cervo, which is powered by a 660cc engine offering 54 bhp.

Karthik.

Last edited:
New Small Car From Maruti Suzuki

NEW DELHI: In order to hold on to its 50% share of the car market, Maruti Suzuki is developing a brand new small car. The new car, based on an
existing small car platform, is being developed by Indian engineers and will be showcased at the Auto Expo next month as a concept car. Speaking to ET , Maruti MD Shinzo Nakanishi said: "We are working on a new small car concept which we will showcase next month and depending on the reaction of the consumers we will put it to commercial production."

Although Maruti officials refused to give any further details of the project, people in the vendor circuit say the company is already working on two small car projects using existing platforms. The first is likely to be the next-generation WagonR and is reportedly codenamed YR9. It is being developed for likely launch next year. Both will use Suzuki’s new, mileage happy KB series of engines.

The other is codenamed YE3 and it expected to plug the gap that will be left in Maruti’s stable when the M800 gets phased out for not meeting Bharat 4 emission norms. "Our engineers have the capability to upgrade the M800 engine for Bharat 4 but the corporate decision is that its too expensive and time-consuming to make business sense," Mr Nakanishi said. "So the M800 will not be available in those 11 cities where Bharat 4 will come in effect next year," he added.

When it rolls out, the new small car will be the eighth small car in Maruti's stable after M800, Alto, WagonR, Estilo, A-Star, Ritz and Swift. With so many models in its hatchback bouquet, the company is also looking to consolidate its platforms – a common architecture for multiple car models that covers design, engineering, production and major components.

Currently Maruti’s platforms include the best-selling WagonR/Estilo/Alto platform, the Swift/Dzire platform, the A-Star, the Ritz and the SX4 apart from the older M800, Omni and Gypsy. “Right now we have eight platforms and we would want to bring that down to three in the future with the Alto/WagonR/Estilo line contuining as our mainstay as it is now,” Mr Nakanishi said.

According to auto analysts, the platform consolidation would include phasing out some products that don’t meet emission norms like the M800, replacing others with new generation versions like the new MPV lined up to replace the phased out Versa and upgrading other models using common design and components.

Maruti sold 429,291 small cars (including the M800) in the April-November period this year compared to 356,320 units sold in the same period last fiscal, up 20.5%. Small cars comprise over 65% of Maruti’s total sales including exports.

The link is here -> Maruti's new small car to debut at Auto Expo next month- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

seems maruti and their engineers are never tired of giving new small cars here.

Top Bottom