New Mahindra Xylo Facelift Now Launched

Storme's original competiton would be the Scorpio, that is, if TATA does not make the mistake of pricing it on par with the XUV. Till the new Scorpio rolls out, Storme can actually have a good time, maybe...

When Mahindra took over Logan & re-christened it as Verito, they dropped the prices tremendously & that is the reason sales improved. But there is very little to hide the boxiness of that capable car.
Agree with you raj strome competes with Scorpio not with Xylo or XUV but I feel it will have a decent future.
And it should have so that we can get some good tech from LR in future .

I like the looks the of Verito, old accent and boxy shapes. I know :stupid:

But there is very little to hide the boxiness of that capable car.
In India boxiness means rigidity and ruggedness . Already Boxy Bolero has proved it. now Verito will follow.

I like the looks the of Verito, old accent and boxy shapes. I know
I do not like dull boxy looking cars but I prefer beautiful and Scxy looking cars.preferably a car should be able to compel a woman to say Wow.

Did anyone notice the integrated DDAS/MID in the new Xylo?
But it was present in the older Xylo too know? E6 and E8 had DDAS AFAIK.

The E9 costs 12.60 lakhs OTR Bangalore with all bells and whistles, seriously VFM and responsive engine than Innova(16.20 lakhs).

With entry of compelling new feature filled Xylo, tata will have hard time . I feel like tata storm will be left nowhere against tight punches of mahindra cars especially XUV5oo and now Xylo.IMO these two cars along with Innova will make premium Suv segment obsolete in India.
Tata should get back to their small trucks and Ace pickup buziness seriously to save themselves.LOL.
I don't agree here with you here reason xylo can't be compared with strome the former is a muv while the later is a proper suv , many people like me who want a suv will not consider a xylo or for that matter even a innova atleast I won't. What I agree is if strome is pitched against xuv then I think its game over but if its pitched against the Scorpio then mahindra better bring the new Scorpio soon . Though I like Scorpio too in my view the new safari looks more upmarket ,stylish and elegant .now about the reliability part of the new safari its a altogether differnt topic.[:D]

Export market bound 2012 mahindra xylo mpv 4x4 version spotted testing

It's interesting to see how they would market this product abroad.

Its just been a few weeks after Mahindra launched the 2012 Facelifted Xylo MPV for the Indian market. Our roving eye in the sky, EarthFusion, is back with spyshots of the 4X4 version of the Xylo doing what seems like testing duties on the outskirts of Pune. The 2012 Mahindra Xylo MPV 4X4 variant however will not be sold in the Indian car market. Instead, Mahindra plans to sell the 4X4 version of the Xylo MPV only in export markets.

Source:
Export market bound 2012 Mahindra Xylo MPV 4X4 version spotted testing | IndianCarsBikes.in

Attachments

Mahindra and Mahindra have announced that the new Xylo will be now offered with a 3 years/1,000,00 kilometres warranty, up from the earlier 2 years or 50,000kms. The warranty is extended across all Xylo variants and will be effective for all new purchases.

Vivek Nayer, senior vice president, marketing, automotive division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said, “Being a customer centric company, we have always endeavoured to enhance value to our customers and provide more convenience and this new warranty scheme is a step in that direction. With its stylish looks and user friendly features, the Xylo has already carved out a distinct place for itself within the Indian MPV segment. It is the gold standard in space & comfort and the new warranty will further add to customer confidence and satisfaction in the Xylo.”

Now M&M are matching Chevy which i believe had this offer for quite sometime for their vehicles including the refurbished Tavera

MAHINDRA H-SERIES XYLO WITH MHAWK TURBO DIESEL ENGINE LAUNCHED IN INDIA

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today announced the launch of the new H-Series Xylo, powered by the refined and world class mHawk engine. The power packed H-Series offers a range of variants starting with the H4 (with ABS option), H8 (with ABS & Airbag option) and fully loaded feature packed H9 version which includes several unique features like Voice Command Technology (VCT), Cruise Control, Digital Drive Assist System, etc. The new H-Series starts at an attractive price of Rs 8.23 lakh (ex showroom Mumbai, BSIV variant).

At the heart of the new H-Series is the powerful & advanced mHawk engine which is set to offer an class leading 120 PS power and 280 NM torque for better drivability on both city roads and highways and an excellent fuel efficiency of 14.02 kmpl*. It is equipped with all new transmission which facilitates effortless gear shifting. All these additional customer benefits are offered without any increase in the price (as compared to outgoing E series), thereby offering even greater value proposition to customers. The new H-Series is also equipped with key safety features like ABS with EBD, Dual Airbags, Extra Stability Technology Suspension (EST), Reverse Parking Assist and several other features.

Speaking at the introduction of the new H-Series Xylo, Pravin Shah, Chief Executive, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd. said, “The Xylo has since its introduction in 2009 carved a unique identity for itself in the area of class leading space & comfort. The addition of the world class mHawk engine will further boost its performance and take it a notch higher in its segment. Equipped with higher power and better efficiency, we are sure that the new Xylo H-Series will be a popular choice amongst the discerning personal buyers”.

The all new transmission (5MT 320) providing effortless gear shifting in the H-Series Xylo, will further improve driving comfort. The mHawk engine was previously introduced in the top-end E9 variant of the Xylo. The rationale behind the nomenclature of the Xylo H-Series derives from its engine, where ‘H’ connotes the world class mHawk engine with high power, high performance and high mileage. The Xylo H-Series will be available in one new colour -- Dolphin Grey, (H8 & H9) apart from being available in 5 other attractive colours.

mahindra-xylo-dolphin-grey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom