New Joint Venture of Fiat with Suzuki?

Thread Starter #1
Today’s Economic times mention this news.

NEW DELHI: Italian carmaker Fiat will make diesel engines for Maruti Suzuki's popular line-up of cars at its Ranjangaon plant. With 85% of Swift, Ritz, DZiRE and SX4 sold run on diesel, Maruti is now looking to source diesel engines from outside after its captive capacity has failed to meet rising domestic demand
Source - Italian carmaker Fiat may make diesel engines for Maruti Suzuki's Swift, Ritz, DZiRE and SX4 .

Can it be considered as new joint venture of FIAT with SUZUKI

Re: New JV Of Fiat With Suzuki ?

wait a minute dude! i thought suzuki and tata engines are already using technology from fiat??
Yes technology was from Fiat but MSIL produces its own Diesel engines marking them DDiS. I am not so sure about Tata though, whether they tune and put fiat engines directly in their cars.

So it makes for a good business sense to ask Fiat to produce engines for them as well. Worried about Fiat, will it end up being a *engine maker* in India[frustration]

Thread Starter #4

wait a minute dude! i thought suzuki and tata engines are already using technology from fiat??
Your thoughts are right Maruti Suzuki India Ltd is making engines under license Fiat Italy .
Here in India they are planning to build engines @ Fiat Ranjangaon plant for MSIL
As far as I know Fiat India Pvt Ltd Ranjangaon Plant produces Palio,Punto,Linea for Fiat.
Indica Vista and Manza for TATA. This news says that there will be add up as diesel engines for Maruti Suzuki India ltd

Last edited:

Palio, Punto, Linea, Vista, Manza, Swift, Ritz, DZiRE and SX4 - All money goes to FIAT [clap]

bbc news for fiat profits

Italian car giant Fiat has reported a sharp turnaround in profits in its first results since taking a majority stake in US carmaker Chrysler.

Palio, Punto, Linea, Vista, Manza, Swift, Ritz, DZiRE and SX4 - All money goes to FIAT [clap]
I do not think all money but yes royalty might be going to Fiat from Maruti as they are making their own engines after signing a contract with Fiat. And for TATA, hmmm, they might not be giving anything as they are supporting Fiat in India for sales and support.[frustration]

Your thoughts are right Maruti Suzuki India Ltd is making engines under license Fiat Italy .
Here in India they are planning to build engines @ Fiat Ranjangaon plant for MSIL
As far as I know Fiat India Pvt Ltd Ranjangaon Plant produces Palio,Punto,Linea for Fiat.
Indica Vista and Manza for TATA. This news says that there will be add up as diesel engines for Maruti Suzuki India ltd

Exactly! I also have the same opinion. I think this wont end up as a JV.

But good news for those who have booked Swift diesel , waiting periods may reduce a bit!

Top Bottom