New ICE setup for my Indica

Thread Starter #1
Guys, after getting down with the tyres for my indica, i am now out in search for new ice setup for my Indica. Till now i was using my 12 year old cassete player from my old 800. Pioneer with front 4" speakers and rear co-axis ovals.

Till now they have served perfectly and cassette player is still running amazingly. But now i do miss badly CD player, aux in port with usb, and now after i have planned to keep this indica for another years coming, planning to upgrade to better player. Two speakers which mount on dashboard have given out. Two front doors speakers are sony 4" which are working fine. Thinking to retain them and add another two at rear doors or at boot doors.Not to opt for higher optimist range, something which fulfills my purpose, as this car would be used by my wife after my new purchase in a year.Need good clean sound with cd player, auxin and usb ports.

All suggestions are welcome along with its roughly budget if one can provide.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your budget is a bit tight go in for Pioneer , i think the one which covers all your requirements will cost around 9k. If you can extend it to around 15k you can see Alpine , JVC and Kenwood.

Thread Starter #4
If your budget is a bit tight go in for Pioneer , i think the one which covers all your requirements will cost around 9k. If you can extend it to around 15k you can see Alpine , JVC and Kenwood.
ilango[speed thirst];66116 said:
A pioneer mp3 player with usb cost about 5200/-
deh-2390 , it has search options too.

thanks guys, dhaya 9K is too high for what you are saying, i have seen some pretty good HU's from pioneer around the price of what ilango suggested, would go and check them out.Also what i would like to know is that, while keeping the front speakers of SONY 4", where can i add another set of speakers, mostly pioneer either another 4" or 6x9, on rear doors, or boot door as i dont want to fix them on the parcel shelf, cause i have removed the parcel shelf as to get maximum space for luggage.Sony's are not too good, so mostly would go for pioneer.All i am looking is good clear sound.
Or say if i go for 6x9's at parcel shelf, is it possible to wire them with pins which are removable like we have in our music systems at home, then its the best place to add another set.

Oopsie i think i mentioned the prices for DVD HU'S from Pioneer!

Go ahead with Pioneer , Sony many members have been complaining of premature failure! If you fit in parcel shelf sometimes it may cause some vibration if you listen to some boomy songs in high volume. Best will be to go in rear doors.

Thread Starter #6
thanks bro, would check out the options and then let you know.Also was thinking of giving my car a new set of seat covers as well.6+ years has taken quite some toll of current set of covers.

I think good art leather seat covers cost something around 5-6k.

BTW Congratulations on achieving professional rank.

Thread Starter #8
thanks bro, yeah finally got that rank as well.
Regarding ICE would be done in this week or so.Could not take time out for that but yeah have done art leather seat covers, black with grey combination along with black transperent matts and new number plates.Would share pictures soon.

Vijay, congrats for achieving the Professional rank.

Do post some pics of your new cover and details of the prices. And what are these "Black transparent mats". Is it a typo error?

Thread Starter #10
no akash, these are transperent matts in black shade also known as matt shade, this is what the accessory guy told me.They had routine white transperent ones but i was not happy putting them so he offered me these black ones, which are though transperent but looks pretty good.Would share pictures in a day or so.
And yeah thanks for the rank.

Top Bottom