New ICE For My BNW Fiat Punto MJD

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I had my Punto ICED yesterday. Details are below:-

HU - Pioneer 7250SD (Rs 7500)

Front Comps - Sony XS-GT16212S (Rs 3200)

Rear Co Axis - Infinity Reference 9633i (Rs 5000)

Rear Parcel MDF Tray - Rs 650

Fixing - Free

Total - Rs 16350

The HU and the comps were bought in Delhi when i was there for the F1.
Initially i had bought 2 pairs of Sony comps for both front and the back doors.

After installation of both the comps i felt there was not enough BASS to pump the car.[frustration] So told the installer to remove the COMPS and added Rear Co Axis. Now i feel more satisfied with the setup and there is enough Thump in the car. Total cost was around 16k including Fitting charge.

Infinity has got good BASS and nice Chillness to the car.

Next on My mind is a 4chnl AMP and a Mono Amp with a SUB. Which i ll be doing in say another 6 months. Pics coming up in the evening.

Last edited:
Re: Ice for BNW Punto Active MJD

Great job bharath! Many congratulations on the ICE'ing! Now your Punto rocks, literally [:)]

Post some pics as well.

2 questions:-
1. Does HU Pioneer 7250SD has BT Connectivity?
2. How's the setup without Amp?

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations Bharath for the ICE. I am happy that you are not cursing products brought from Delhi [lol]. How about uploading a youtube video and let the other listen to the output [music], food for thought !

Thread Starter #5
Great job bharath! Many congratulations on the ICE'ing! Now your Punto rocks, literally [:)]

Post some pics as well.

2 questions:-
1. Does HU Pioneer 7250SD has BT Connectivity?
2. How's the setup without Amp?
7250SD comes without bluetooth [embarass]
Setup is fine enough without the amp. Infinty Reference are one awesome rocking speakers. Makes my car feel good. But i am planning to add amp in another 6 months time.

Congratulations for the new ICE, Bharath. Looking forward to some pictures.

That’s great. From where in Delhi you bought these items? Also, don’t forget to share your Indian F1 GP Experience here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-prix-exclusive-coverage-pictures-report.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
I bought them in street adjacent to Karol Bagh market. All are genuine ones with 1yr national warranty. I will also add some pics by this weekend in the F1 thread.

Congratulations Bharath for the ICE. I am happy that you are not cursing products brought from Delhi [lol]. How about uploading a youtube video and let the other listen to the output [music], food for thought !
I was cursing the sony comps after i listened to the setup then after sometime i thought that it was right time to upgrade to Rear Co Axis. I literally through one pair of sony comps in the dustbin. Now i know why we should not buy Sony at all.

Better get the infinity refrence components for the front for your upgrade in future,right now it must be sounding odd with the front having a different sound signature and the rears different,basically in some setups it may sound as if the fronts are singing to their tune and the rears to their,its always better to keep in sync,using the same series for the front and rears always helps.

Congrats on the new ICE buddy.

As of now the weakest link in the chain are the sony components. Change them to better drivers from JBL, Morel etc.

Also, i read that you plan to add a sub/amp when you already have rears and no front sound stage. Please note that doing this might not give a decent sound stage in the car. I'd suggest to have better front components first and then add sub/amp.

freakdude.

Hi Bharat,

It's really good choices except sony comps. Sony and nowadays even pioneer speakers are not good. I love infinity. i have the infinity reference sub in my car and it sounds really good.
if you will add an amplifier , you will get lot of clarity. I would suggest you to buy 5 ch amp first , as you have rear co-ax , you can set front comps at low volume. maybe you wont need to change comps after connected with amp.
5 ch amp , you will be able to connect front + rear + sub.

Thread Starter #11
Another Update:

Replaced the Front Sony Comps with JBL GTO 609 C. Price of it is 5200

Sound is far far better compared to Sony.

Top Bottom