New Hyundai Verna Price Rs.6.99 Lakhs (Coverage Pg.6 Onwards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Looking forward to read a comprehensive TD report & review of the Verna here on TAI soon.
Also, it would be interesting to see the comparison with City & Vento with respect to specifications & features.
Still expecting and waiting for a comprehensive TD review.
We will definitely bring you an exhaustive report of the new Verna with all the details you need.

well if you say so vibhor regarding temperorily pricing policy from hyundai then it might not be the right pricing for them then,as these pricing is overly pricing already but just in terrritory, say all new verna 1.6D SX O comes nearly to 13L+ on road, so thats not rightly priced for a hyundai verna car.Top end verna should cost just under 11L on road price anything more then that gets to another category of cars, where hyundai would face issues, still lets see how market reacts to this.

Verna on paper & as per reviews around appears to be a feature packed family oriented car. Traditional strengths of Hyundai has been reinforced while common weakness barring looks has been left unaddressed. So it offers very good engine option (1.6 diesel being standout), safety equipments, interiors packed with gizmos to the brim but still handles awfully at high speed.

Among all the sedans out there namely, Linea, Fiesta (new), Vento, SX-4 & City, its SX-4 that is likely to be affected more by new Verna.

1. Linea & Fiesta are known to be drivers car and not entirely practical for family person. So those who want good dynamics still follow these cars.

2. Vento & Honda City enjoys tremendous snob value which Hyundai & Maruti can never match.

That left us to SX-4. Hyundai & Maruti both similar as per as dealer network, brand image & after sale service concerned. Also both cars offer similar USP but Verna with refreshing looks and superior engine/feature edges out the aging SX-4. Petrol SX-4 never enjoyed much success and its the Fiat derived multijet diesel engine which gave SX-4 a new lease of life. Now with Verna offering diesel engine with better VFM proposition, we might see SX-4 getting a dent in its sell figures.
I agree with you Nuvo.
All i can say is "WOW". The pricing seems to be attractive for the features put in place.
But, will Hyundai do something like it happened with i20? Like stripping off the 6 airbags to 2 etc once the introduction is over?
I feel the Diesel will be a competitor to Vento & SX4.
In regards to Petrol, it's going to be a tough call. May be it is a competitor for SX4 & Linea.
"German engineering" is the key for Vento to take a leap.
There is a certain obsessed customer base for Honda cars, for whom pricing is not a huge concern.
Lets wait for a TD review. Zinam/ Akash: Time to work!!!

Yes definitely the top-end Verna is a bit over-priced but in the base 1.6L diesel you get driver side airbags , ABS , bluetooth integrated audio system with remote , push button start , keyless entry , parking sensors , electrically adjustable mirrors , disc brakes on all four wheels , automatic climate control and few more features.

So with all these features in the base model itself , the base model makes a sensible and VFM buy and its pricing too falls in the segment of Vento , SX4 , Linea , City etc

Yes definitely the top-end Verna is a bit over-priced but in the base 1.6L diesel you get driver side airbags , ABS , bluetooth integrated audio system with remote , push button start , keyless entry , parking sensors , electrically adjustable mirrors , disc brakes on all four wheels , automatic climate control and few more features.

So with all these features in the base model itself , the base model makes a sensible and VFM buy and its pricing too falls in the segment of Vento , SX4 , Linea , City etc
Thats a great analysis Dhaya. But, we need to wait and see about what happens in due course [surprise]? Lets wait for a TD review and check out more on the vehicle.

absolutely dhaya, if one were to buy sx4 diesel then surely best bet would be to buy verna 1.6L diesel which falls in same category and in same price range with better features,built quality, and better overall car to own.

IMHO, Hyundai has adopted pricing policy similar to i10 for Verna. Hyundai initially priced i10 as if it is a B+ segment car and now offer good discount (upto 38.5k + corporate discount as per latest ad in IE). We may expect discount sooner than later in Verna as well. May be Hyundai want to give rich/premium image to these cars by pricing them ambitiously.

I saw the new Verna(white) yesterday in Indirapuram(GHZ), it was not having any stickers depicting Test Drive vehicle. I was perplexed. Is it possible that they have started delivering it?

cars are already delivered to some 50+ owners nation wide, saw a white 1.6 diesel SXo variant top end auto one.Fit and finish inside,outside is leagues ahead and car looks superb from front.Super silent engine which wont make you know its diesel down there.Very futurestic interiors but then again high bood lid curve which would mean usage of rear sensors, without them it would be difficult to judge at rear.Strictly for 4 adults this car is.Very tight room for 5th one to fit in there.I could not sit comfortably at rear after adjusting the drivers seat being 6'1".Couldnot drive so no comments on that, would do so once i am able to drive one.

I could not sit comfortably at rear after adjusting the drivers seat being 6'1".Couldnot drive so no comments on that, would do so once i am able to drive one.
The reason to that is the sharp sloping roof. So have you added new Verna diesel to your list?

if it was my personal car then no other thought buddy, 1.6L diesel would have been parked till now, but for the family this doesnt suit my needs though being excellent package what hyundai offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom