New Hyundai i20 Spied For First Time

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai India has already confirmed that they will be launching 8 new cars by 2020. One of these cars is the new generation 2020 Hyundai i20 hatchback. The car has just began testing, and has now been spotted for the first time.

Hyundai i20 is a very important car for the brand. Not only the hatchback is popular in India, but also in many other countries, including Europe. To be bigger and wider than current Hyundai i20, the new generation variant will also be lighter and feature-rich than the current i20.

The spy shots of the car show a completely camouflaged car, but reveals the A, B and C pillars, thus giving away the side profile of the car. The car seems to feature bigger front and rear windows. It also has new LED tail lights.

More details are not available, but one can expect the 2020 Hyundai i20 to feature revised stance, with new bumper, LED headlight, LED grille, alloys, etc. Also, the car will be passing Bharat NCAP safety norms, which come into effect in India from 1st October 2019.

Speaking about engine and transmission, the current Hyundai i20 is offered in a choice of petrol and diesel engine options. Same will continue with the 2020 Hyundai i20. These are 1.2 liter petrol 4 cylinder engine generating 82 hp and 115 Nm via 5 speed MT or CVT automatic. The 1.4 liter diesel engine delivers 89 hp and 220 Nm via 6 speed MT.

Standard safety features on offer include dual airbags in the front along with ABS. Top end variants will also get 6 airbags. Price range will slightly increase, from the current i20 which is ranged from Rs 5.4 lakhs to Rs 9.2 lakhs.

Once launched, the new Hyundai i20 will take on the Maruti Baleno, which is also the segment leader. It will also rival the upcoming Tata 45X hatchback, which was showcased as a concept earlier this year.

Source:

Thread Starter #2

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai i20 scores 3 star safety rating – Bodyshell unstable says Global NCAP

Global NCAP has crash tested the new Hyundai i20. The results of which were released today. As per the crash test report, for adult safety it has scored a 3 star rating while for child safety it has scored a 2 star rating. The crash test was conducted at 64 kmph. Bodyshell of Hyundai i20 has been declared unstable by Global NCAP

The i20 crash tested is a 2018 model with kerb weight of 1286 kgs. It was equipped with ABS on all four wheels, front seatbelt pre-tensioners, driver airbag, front passenger airbag. It did not have side airbags nor had knee airbags.

Speaking about the crash test report of Hyundai i20, Global NCAP says – “The i20 achieved a three star rating for adult occupant protection in the frontal crash test at 64km/h. The vehicle structure was rated as unstable as well as the footwell area. The protection levels ranged from marginal to good in adult occupant protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ORWb2jGSFE#action=share

Read:

Hyundai i20 scores 3 star safety rating – Bodyshell unstable says Global NCAP

Global NCAP has crash tested the new Hyundai i20. The results of which were released today. As per the crash test report, for adult safety it has scored a 3 star rating while for child safety it has scored a 2 star rating. The crash test was conducted at 64 kmph. Bodyshell of Hyundai i20 has been declared unstable by Global NCAP

The i20 crash tested is a 2018 model with kerb weight of 1286 kgs. It was equipped with ABS on all four wheels, front seatbelt pre-tensioners, driver airbag, front passenger airbag. It did not have side airbags nor had knee airbags.

Speaking about the crash test report of Hyundai i20, Global NCAP says – “The i20 achieved a three star rating for adult occupant protection in the frontal crash test at 64km/h. The vehicle structure was rated as unstable as well as the footwell area. The protection levels ranged from marginal to good in adult occupant protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ORWb2jGSFE#action=share

Read:
Never expected Hyundai Elite i20's Bodyshell to be termed Unstable. Shocking results. (Atleast I expected a stable bodyshell even with 3 star ratings)
So, in order to drive around in a car with a stable bodyshell with 4 Stars rating, one has to end up spending 10+ lakhs.
Now I wonder what will the Tata Tiago and Tigor score in Global NCAP?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Elite i20 gets additional features ahead of Maruti Baleno Facelift’s launch

40444_Hyundai_Elite_I20_1.jpg

India’s leading auto manufacturer Hyundai has updated the features list of the new 2019 batch of Elite i20. The premium hatchback competes with likes of Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Honda Jazz in the segment. December was an excellent month for Hyundai as the car maker sold more Elite i20s than the Maruti Suzuki Baleno for the first time ever.

Read:

Thread Starter #6

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Next-Gen Hyundai Elite i20 To Be Bigger In Size With More Features

hyundai-elite-i20-next-gen-redering-1-2-696x437.jpg

Next generation Hyundai Elite i20 could launch in India by the middle of next year with bigger proportions and an upgraded interior and exterior

Our rendering shows how the second generation Elite i20 could look like and it got big shoes to fill by taking over from the existing model that has been in the business for nearly five years. The 2020 Hyundai Elite i20 will likely have bigger proportions than the outgoing model to emphasise more interior space.

Read:

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Hyundai i20 sunroof spied in latest spy shots

2020-hyundai-i20-sunroof-spied-4.jpg

The 2020 Hyundai i20 opts for a generously proportioned hexagonal grille with accentuated edges, new peeled back headlamps which merge well with the grille, triangular foglight enclosures and a slit for secondary airdam. The profile doesn’t appear to have changed much and this is not a bad thing at all considering that the current car still has a dynamic stance despite being half-a-decade old. One of the new features which the spy shots have confirmed, is that the 2020 Hyundai i20 sunroof.

2020-hyundai-i20-sunroof-spied-2.jpg

Read:

Thread Starter #8

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Hyundai Elite i20 Rendered With Thoroughly Revised Exterior

image.png

Expected to launch in Q2 2020, the Elite i20 will undergo a thorough exterior overhaul to stand in line with the latest crop of Hyundai models. Up front, it will come with a redesigned cascading grille that sits in between the new set of headlights while the bumper and fog lamps have also been updated.

Read:

Thread Starter #9

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New gen Hyundai i20 digital instrument console spied

2020-hyundai-i20-digital-instrument-cluster-1.jpg

As expected, the 2020 Hyundai i20 receives digital colour instrument console with a huge configurable central area. The speedo and tacho displays settle for classic shapes. The next gen hatchback also sports a large infotainment display mounted high up on the center console. If the modern Hyundais are anything to go by, one can expect the new i20 to offer state-of-the-art connectivity and entertainment features.

2020-hyundai-i20-digital-instrument-cluster-2.jpg

Read:

Thread Starter #10

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Next-gen 2020 Hyundai i20 with new alloy wheels spied in South Korea [Update]

next-gen-2020-hyundai-i20-spy-shot-south-korea-60da.jpg

Update: New spy shots showing the 2020 Hyundai i20's profile have surfaced online. One of the spy photos shows even a bit of the LED tail lamps' sharp cluster. Image gallery at the end of the story updated In addition to India and Europe, development of the next-gen Hyundai i20 is going on in South Korea as well. Recently, one of its test mules featuring new machine-cut alloy wheels was spotted in South Korea.

hyundai-i20-2020-c903.jpg

The 2020 Hyundai i20 will be based on an upgraded version of the outgoing model's platform. The engine options will undoubtedly include a BS-VI 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine linked to a standard 5-speed manual transmission or an optional CVT, and maybe a BS-VI 1.4-litre turbocharged diesel engine linked to a 6-speed MT. A 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine paired with a 7-speed DCT will be offered at some point, likely in a sporty N or N Line variant.

The next-gen Hyundai i20 will likely be launched in India in early 2020

Read:

Thread Starter #11

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New-Gen (2020) Hyundai i20 Revealed, Looks Sportier Than Before

2020-hyundai-i20-new-gen-4-1068x654.jpg

The 2020 Hyundai i20, which will become the third generation of the company’s popular small car, will make its global debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month. World over, the i20 has been a pretty strong opponent of traditional best-sellers like the VW Polo and Ford Fiesta, while the hatchback rivals the Maruti Baleno and Honda Jazz in India.

2020-hyundai-i20-new-gen-2-1068x652.jpg

As can be viewed in these images, the next-gen Hyundai i20 looks hotter than the current version as it features a bolder front fascia and sharper lines almost across the body. The rear-end also looks fairly distinctive due to the connected lighting elements and a steeply raking windscreen.

2020-hyundai-i20-new-gen-6-1068x638.jpg

The 2020 Hyundai i20 will even have dual-tone paint options that will give a more attractive look to the small car. Interior details aren’t available at this moment but we expect the dashboard to have received a thorough makeover, while spy images have revealed the large-size infotainment unit and an all-digital instrument cluster.

Read:

Thread Starter #13

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Hyundai i20 Breaks Cover; Gets New Tech, Bolder Design

Hyundai has officially taken the wraps off the new, third generation of the i20. It certainly looks bolder than before and that's because it follows the company's Sensuous Sportiness design language. First launched in 2008, the i20 showcases an all new style and we see that in the cascading grille up front, the sweptback headlamps and of course the integrated LED DRLs, which give it its signature look. Its visual stance is improved by its lowered roof (24mm), wider body (+30mm) and increased length (5mm), while the wheelbase has also been increased by 10mm. This is further augmented by newly-designed 17-inch alloy wheels

Inside, there is a world of change and yes that's what makes a lot of difference. There are two new 10.25 - inch screens, consisting of a digital cluster and a navigation touchscreen, which are visually combined in the dashboard. It also comes with the Hyundai SmartSense safety package which includes new features like a new generation Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) that now offers pedestrian and cyclist detection for even more assurance on the road, as well as Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control (NSCC).

Read:

As much I had liked the i20 elite exterior I am dislike this new i20. This one is too tacky. incomparision Altroz is a stunning beauty. Looks wise I can safely say that Altroz is the best looking Premium Hatch in the country. Interiors are also very busy looking in this i20. Rear for this i20 better not talk. Some weird design I would say, The New Xcent, i20, Venue, New Creta I am not liking a single car. So Hyundai is not getting any money from me for the next couple of years.

Thread Starter #15

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New 2020 Hyundai i20 interior revealed

Following on from the official debut of the new Hyundai i20’s exterior, the Korean brand has now officially opened the car’s doors and granted access to the supermini’s interior. In terms of design, build quality and tech, the new cabin takes a giant leap forward relative to the outgoing car.

05_28.jpg

The next i20 is due to hit showrooms in September, when it will try to steal a march on talented rivals such as the Ford Fiesta and Renault Clio by delivering superior safety kit, class-leading in-car entertainment and mild-hybrid powertrains.

i20-interior.jpg

Top-spec versions feature a pair of 10.25-inch digital displays on the dash, which sit alongside each other in a Mercedes-like fashion. One screen, sitting directly ahead of the driver, acts as a digital instrument panel with graphics that change according to driving mode. The second unit features touchscreen functionality, allowing users to control the car’s infotainment functions. An eight-inch touchscreen is fitted to entry-level versions, and this still features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Wireless charging is also offered. Despite the large screens, heating and ventilation controls are still kept separate on physical controls lower down on the dash.

15_16.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom