New Hyundai i20 Spied For First Time

Thread Starter #16

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Hyundai i20 N teased ahead of unveil

ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20200305010429_i20N-(1).jpg

Hyundai has teased a sportier N derivative of the all-new i20 premium hatchback. Expected to debut later this year, the hot hatchback made a brief appearance in a video of the standard hatchback followed by the words ‘to be continued’.

What’s evident from the teaser is that the i20 N will wear larger alloy wheels, along with featuring a prominent roof-mounted spoiler and sporty side sills with red accents. It’s also safe to expect a different bumper design on both ends to give it a more aggressive look to go with its character.

Expect the cabin to also feature sporty touches, while still carrying over most of the bits from the standard hatchback.

Read:

Thread Starter #19

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Hyundai i20 explained on video by Head of Product Marketing

While the official launch seems a little far away, Hyundai Europe has released a new video which gives detailed information about the fourth-gen i20. Raf Van Nuffel, Head of Product Marketing & Pricing for Hyundai Motor Europe has done a detailed walkaround of new Hyundai i20. The car you see is a Euro-spec model and we don’t think that there will be considerable changes in the India-bound version (except for engine choices).

Read:

Thread Starter #20

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Upcoming Hyundai Elite i20 premium hatchback revealed in official video

Hyundai will officially launch the all-new Elite i20 in the Indian market later this year. Before that, the premium hatchback will be launched in foreign markets. While Hyundai is still testing the Indian-spec of the all-new i20 on the Indian roads, in the European market, the manufacturer has officially revealed the hatchback too! Here is an official video that shows the all-new Hyundai i20 from all around. This is the European-spec car but the Indian version will remain largely similar to this version in terms of looks

Read:

Thread Starter #21

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2021 Hyundai i20N teased again in new video, now a step closer to Australia

x4xjnp3zzgbibptavtjc.jpg

The Hyundai i20N hot hatch has been teased again in a promotional video out of Europe, as it gets ready to go into production.

Hyundai Australia is yet to confirm if the smaller sibling to the Hyundai i30N will be available in local showrooms.

However, every time we ask about the prospects of the Hyundai i20N coming to Australia, representatives tell us all Hyundai N models are on their wish list and they would like to expand the local line-up.

Hyundai is yet to reveal what’s under the bonnet, but if we were to take an educated guess we reckon there’s a fair chance an uprated version of the company’s 1.6-litre turbo four-cylinder petrol engine (from the Hyundai Veloster and Hyundai i30 N-Line) could make an appearance matched to a six-speed manual.

Based on statements in the video, we’re guessing the Hyundai i20N has some advanced traction control and stability control settings – and a bi-modal exhaust or some kind of sound enhancer – as per its bigger brother, the Hyundai i30N.

In the first video released earlier this year we saw a silhouette of what we believe might have been a Hyundai i20N.

In the latest video released this week, a camouflaged Hyundai i20N is put through its paces on an ice lake in Sweden with a bunch of other hot Hyundais.

Read:

I have seen the Hyundai test mules multiple times between Gurgaon and Faridabad. If anyone frequently travels on this route, they can easily spot this group.

Some how I am not liking the design language by the Koreans and Japs,
Toyota and Hyundai seem to have been messing up design by using some over the top angular strokes and lines. Suzuki never been fan of their design. I used to like the old fortunes but new one is really bad. Similarly the current I20 is very good looking the new one seems to be shouting over top of its lungs. Hey look I am new. Doesn't work for me personally. Similar is the new Creta. Really very odd design.

But it seems to be working for the masses of Indian. Are my taste not in line with those of rest of fellow Indians I don't know.

Thread Starter #25

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New 2021 Hyundai i20 N revealed: 201bhp for £22k Fiesta ST rival

New Hyundai i20 N-8.jpg

Hyundai’s N division has taken the wraps off its second performance model, the all-new i20 N. Designed to take on the Ford Fiesta ST, Hyundai says this new small hot hatch is inspired by the company’s WRC rally car, and will go on sale in the UK early next year.

New Hyundai i20 N-5.jpg

Development of the Hyundai i20 N was conceived at the very beginning of the supermini’s development process - and there’s certainly no mistaking it from the standard i20. The i20 N features a wild body kit comprising a deeper front bumper with enlarged air intakes, unique side skirts that wrap around into a reshaped rear bumper with new diffuser, while a roof-mounted spoiler, inspired by the WRC car, has also been added.

New Hyundai i20 N.jpg
Red exterior detailing runs along the lower edge of the car’s bodywork, while six different exterior colours are available: Performance Blue, Polar White, Aurora Grey, Sleek Silver, Brass and Phantom Black. Standard exterior features include LED head and tail lamps as well as 18-inch alloy wheels and red-painted brake calipers.

New Hyundai i20 N-3.jpg

Power is provided by a new 201bhp 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine paired to a six-speed manual gearbox. Hyundai doesn’t intend to offer a dual-clutch automatic version, unlike the larger i30 N. Hyundai claims the i20 N weighs just 1,190kg - the same as the WRC car - which enables a 0-62mph time of 6.8 seconds and top speed of 143mph.

New Hyundai i20 N-2.jpg

Peak torque of 275Nm is available from 1,750rpm right across the rev band until 4,500rpm. Hyundai says this new ‘Flat Power’ characteristic of the engine allows for greater engine response and improved acceleration.

New Hyundai i20 N-3.jpg

The six-speed manual gearbox has been reinforced to cope with the greater amount of power, and it has also allowed Hyundai to fit a launch control function. A mechanical limited slip differential is expected to be fitted as standard to UK models, too.

New Hyundai i20 N-11.jpg

In total, the i20 N has five driving modes: Normal, Eco, Sport, N and N Custom. These adjust the parameters of the car’s engine response, exhaust noise, steering feel and stability programmes depending on the mode. However, owners can adjust each individual setting to their own taste using the N Custom mode.

New Hyundai i20 N-13.jpg

Chassis tweaks over the regular i20 include new springs and dampers, increased front camber, uprated brakes that are 40mm larger and retuned electronic power steering. The suspension setup is passive, with no electronic damper control a part of the package. A new front axle and torsion beam rear axle provide higher stiffness, while - Hyundai claims - also ensuring acceptable ride quality.

New Hyundai i20 N-14.jpg

Hyundai says the chassis has also been reinforced at 12 different points to ensure greater agility while driving. The 18-inch wheels are shod in Pirelli P-Zero rubber developed especially for Hyundai’s N models.

New Hyundai i20 N-15.jpg

The cabin is largely unchanged over a regular i20, but Hyundai has added a pair of sports seats, aluminium pedals and a sports steering wheel, which sits ahead a digital instrument cluster. A 10.20-inch touchscreen system sits on the centre of the dash and gives access to all of the car’s functions as well and adjustable driving modes. It supports Apple CarPlay as well as Android Auto.

Source

Top Bottom