New Hyundai i20 Pulling Towards Left Side

Thread Starter #1
Exchanged 2014 petrol elite i20 with an 2018 diesel elite i20.

From the date of purchase, the car is pulling towards left side. As i have driven old i20 for over 40k kms, so i knew new car has serious steering issues, maybe alignment was my main doubt.
Get the air pressure checked, it was correct (33psi). Then visited the service centre they did the alignment, but it didn't helped out. Then they did steering calibration even it didn't helped me.

Tried another service centre they did the same procedure, but there was slight difference, car was pulling at an slower pace now.

But now after clocking even almost 10,000kms, the problem is still there since purchase, i can't leave the steering for even 4-5 seconds.
The service centre says its perfect, but even my friend own same variant, we got the car's in same month. But his car is working fine.

Mechanic says me that car will go straight till some point only.

I am fed up with those silly service centre replies, can anyone help me out what should i do to solve the issue.

Or i have to seek for higher department of Hyundai after sales service.

Thread Starter #3
Better take the car to reputed tyre shops and get the alignment done there if that doesn’t solve these issue then you have to further probe into the real cause.
I have never done WA/WB/WR from ASS in all these 90k kms of owning a Hyundai Fluidic Verna.
I also don't get the WA things done from the ASS, as they are costly which adds up to service cost. But as the car was new with just 50-100kms, so took it to service centre as new car should not have silly problems like this and got the alignment done for free.

My doubt is will wheel balancing and rotation can help to solve this issue? As these both things were not done by them. They just did alignment and EPS calibration.

HI, I have a Freestyle and I had the exact same issue.. apart from WA and WB there are two more factors :
1) Wheel camber angle - This was the cause in my case
2) Steering wheel calibration

Ask the service centre guys to check the Camber angle, it should sort it out

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The most common reason a car pulls to one side is that the wheel alignment is off. But as you said its a new car, hence I doubt the wheel alignment problem may be the reason?
Also, Sometimes one tire will have less pressure than the others. Please check tire pressure (all four tires)

Thread Starter #7
HI, I have a Freestyle and I had the exact same issue.. apart from WA and WB there are two more factors :

1.) Wheel camber angle is something i heard first time, will surely ask for this as i am going to get the car serviced next week.

2.) Calibration was done 3 times but that just solved half of the problem car, is still pulling to left but at slower pace.

Thanks for suggesting

The most common reason a car pulls to one side is that the wheel alignment is off. But as you said its a new car, hence I doubt the wheel alignment problem may be the reason?
Also, Sometimes one tire will have less pressure than the others. Please check tire pressure (all four tires)
The first most thing i did was air pressure check, but it didn't helped me out. Problem looks different in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

1. Have you done PDA yourself before taking car.
2. Any sings of accidental damage in front part. Check paint thickness of bumper, fenders with meter. uneven thickness means showroom people delivered you damaged and painted car.
3. Carefully examine strut tower area for any unusual things.
4. Any side pull is caused by Caster not Camber. Check the value of the Caster.
5. Camber will cause uneven tire wear.
6. Improper Toe in or Toe out can cause minor thread wear called Toe tire wear.

You have done many times alignment even then problem persists. Below are the possible issues

1. Chassis damage( Can be easily find out analyzing wheel alignment report)
2. Defective drive shafts
3. Defective differential gear.
4. Defective engine mounts
5. Defective struts and stabilizer bar.

Post latest alignment report here I will analyze it. You can go through my article or post in this forum on Wheel alignment and balancing.

Last edited:
Some points in addition to what Suryaputhra sir had told -
1.Check whether both the front tyres have same level of wear (if not ping back the detail)
2. Check Steering play (although in EPS systems its not a major issue , but mechanical things often overrides a sensor ) ,steering play can be corrected by a proper technician .
3. Take alignment data of 2 centres (If you have done that in past , put the detail in group)- Preferably same machine (Hunter fixed camera type is preferred )

I have the same problem. I20 asta dual tone petrol 2018 model. 8500 km only. Since last month, car dives and pull towards front left wheel. Checked tyre pressure as well. Everything perfect ,still dives towards left.

Were you able to get the Camber adjusted? In general, Caster and Camber comes fixed in most vehicles. It can't be adjusted or aligned by WA centers.

I have the same problem. I20 asta dual tone petrol 2018 model. 8500 km only. Since last month, car dives and pull towards front left wheel. Checked tyre pressure as well. Everything perfect ,still dives towards left.
Just do Tyre rotation and revert me back. Never adjust camber and caster.

For me tyre rotation didn't help , finally did steering play adjustment (a 5 min job ) - it solved the issue permanently (after that did a wheel alignment ) , perfect for me since then (haven't aligned after that also , as it is going fine ) . No issues with tyre wear also (clocked 39k km , still I have 60% of thread left )

Technically speaking steering play will not cause leaning. Unless caster out of measure due to impact or minute toe wear resulted by improper toe adjustment(it is quite difficult to adjust) which can not be noticed by eye can cause leaning.

Last edited:
Technically speaking steering play will not cause leaning. Unless caster out of measure due to impact or minute toe wear resulted by improper toe adjustment(it is quite difficult to adjust) which can not be noticed by eye can cause leaning.
I am facing the car pulling to right problem from last 2 years , service center changed my steering rack , mdps motor but the problem still exists. My front 2 tyres are new have changed it recently .

Top Bottom