New Hyundai i20 Known as 'Elite i20'. Now Launched! (Details: Pg.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
Re: New 2015 Hyundai i20 Spied Inside Out

The new Hyundai i20 is revealed totally undisguised pictures of the next generation Hyundai i20, months ahead of its global reveal.
Expect it to have loads of equipment and would be marketed as a premium hatchback.
Hyundai’s smooth running 89bhp 1.4 diesel will be the mainstay here and 83bhp 1.2 petrol Kappa engine will be carried over from the Xcent as well. And the new i20 will also come with a five speed automatic gearbox as well. In addition, Hyundai is also thought to be looking at a sportier ‘N’ or performance version of the new i20.
0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_ExtraImages_20140707125722_i201.JPG

New Hyundai i20 revealed in spy pictures | Car News | Premium hatchbacks | Autocar India

And the new i20 will also come with a five speed automatic gearbox as well. i20.
5-Speed Automatic ? From,which car are they sourcing it. Do they have a 5Speed Auto, As far as i know, they have 4 Speed, 6 speed. Will the AT gearbox be offered with 1.4 P or the 1.2 P. Car looks impressive though. Expect a hot fight between this and Jazz when they are launched in India.

Hell! The car looks very disappointing and Ugly!
What happened to all those impressive designs of Hyundai?

Second Generation Hyundai i20 Launch In August

While everyone out there knows that Hyundai will be launching the next generation i20, the hatchback has been spotted undergoing testing by MotorBeam readers Ni****h Parida, Roshan Ray and Har**** Garg. The i20 was originally launched in 2009 and it received a very minor update in 2011. After that, Hyundai gave the vehicle a facelift in 2012. Now, the i20 is all set to get a generation change and the new model has some really high hopes and expectations riding on it.
Hyundai has given a new design to the next generation i20. While the current i20 does feature the famous ‘fluidic’ design philosophy, the new model will come with major design changes and the new design will be far more sportier with a blend of premium feel. The face of the vehicle will carry a sleek grille somewhat similar to the Grand i10 in a bigger size. The hatchback will also get a couple of new shades and it will be available in the following colour options – white, black, blue, golden (beige), copper and bright red.
The length of the new i20 has been retained, to ensure it remains sub 4-metre. The alloy wheels will also get a sportier design as seen in the spy pictures. The height of the new i20 is slightly increased when compared to the outgoing version. Hyundai has also tuned all the engines that are available with the i20 for better fuel economy. The interiors have also been thoroughly redesigned and the new model will get a far more premium design. While actual production has not yet begun, Hyundai has manufactured few prototypes of the i20 that are currently undergoing testing.
The new Hyundai i20 carries ‘IB Series’ as its model name. The i20′s biggest rival is the Maruti Swift. Other hatchbacks like the Volkswagen Polo, Toyota Etios Liva and Fiat Grande Punto are also fighting it out in this segment. Hyundai is currently using the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Toyota Etios Liva as benchmarks for the next generation i20. Manufacturers usually compare things like driving dynamics, ergonomics, handling, fuel economy and comfort while using other vehicles as benchmarks. The new Hyundai i20 will be launched in August 2014 while production will begin in late July.

Read more at Second Generation Hyundai i20 Launch In August 2014 | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Attachments

Thread Starter #36

The new i20 will be called the Grand i20, the strategy is kept same to the i10. The existing i20 will be also available , expect the New i20 will be a segment higher in pricing.( comapred to the existing i20)

Expect this strategy to cannibalize their i20 as seen in the i10.

Source: Rushlane

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Second Generation Hyundai i20 Launch In August...
We're testing this car next month. The launch should be happening between August – September considering that pre-launch marketing campaigns are still not initiated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

My friend went to a showroom in chandigarh to get information about the new model as he will be buying a new car in the festive season.

they said that they would be getting the DEMO/DISPLAY MODEL around 15TH AUGUST

booking should start at around that time

AMG

Suspended

From the reveal in Image 31, the blue one looks like a xcent. Definitely [thumbsdown]

Scoop: Next gen Hyundai i20 launch by 15 August 2014

Hyundai i20 in an all new avatar will hit showrooms by 15th August 2014, confirms a source in Tamil Nadu. There are only about 21 units of Hyundai i20 hatchback in Tamil Nadu, out of which only one unit of diesel powered top end Asta variant is available and about 3 units of Asta petrol version is remaining.

Source mentioned that price of next gen Hyundai i20 diesel top end would be priced between Rs. 9 and Rs. 10 lakhs, and petrol option would also be more expensive than outgoing variants. Cash discounts are offered to clear stock; more details here.

Codenamed IB, next gen i20 will bear very European design with new lower front grille, new headlamps, stylish fog lamps, Outside Rear View Mirrors (ORVMs) with embedded turn indicators, vertical tail lights, tailgate mounted spoiler and such.

What would be Grand i20 replacing current car is expected to receive must-have features of nowadays like push button start, reverse camera, automatic day / night inside rear view mirror, automatic headlights, automatic or rain sensing wipers and the like.

Engine options will be same, 1.2 litre Kappa petrol engine producing 83 PS @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm @ 4,000, and a 1.4 litre diesel plant generating 90 PS @ 4,000 rpm and 220 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm. Auto and manual gearbox variants will be available.

With competitors like Maruti Swift, 2014 Volkswagen Polo, 2014 upcoming Fiat Punto EVO, Polo GT, Tata Bolt and Honda Jazz, Hyundai i20 better be priced aptly.

Read more at Next gen Hyundai i20 launch by 15 August 2014

Thread Starter #41

ACI reveals the same Grand i20 as posted in the post#31, now in their Autocar magazine as a World Exclusive news.
Btn2hdaCAAEJfve.jpg

Yeah, I have also got the August edition and The Rendering looks better than the actual spied car. [glasses]

Second Generation Hyundai i20 Launch On 11th August

Hyundai’s next generation i20 is set to compete with the likes of the updated Volkswagen Polo, Maruti Suzuki Swift, upcoming Fiat Punto Evo and the likes in the segment and has been confirmed for a launch on 11th August 2014 in India. Taking more mature styling cues on the exteriors, the second generation i20 gets bolder front fascia, while the fluidic sculpture design is far more restrained and evolved. At the rear too, there is the inclusion of LED tail lights and a quirky design that compliments the overall styling of the premium hatchback.
Inside the 2015 Hyundai i20, expect to see a slightly longer wheelbase than the outgoing version that will improve the overall cabin space. A redesigned dashboard with steering wheel has been included, while the upholstery will sport new fabrics and colours. Expect to see a significant improvement in the overall fit and finish inside the cabin and the inclusion of a long list of features and equipment. Hyundai has been developing the 2015 i20 at its new testing centre in Nuburgring and the driving dynamics are expected to be a huge step up than the current model.
In terms of powertrain, the next generation Hyundai i20 is most likely to continue with the existing line-up of engines. The hatchback will come with the same 1.2-litre petrol Kappa motor producing 84 PS and the 1.4-litre diesel motor producing 90 PS, paired to a 5-speed transmission. There is also a 1.4-litre petrol engine producing 100 PS, mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission. The engines are most likely to be revised for improved fuel efficiency and more refinement this time round. An upward price revision is also expected.
Rumours also suggest that Hyundai is working on a performance version of the next gen i20 under the new ‘N’ performance brand. While there have been no confirmations, we do expect the South Korean car maker to make an announcement at the 2015 i20′s international launch that is expected at the Paris Motor Show in October this year. Keep watching this space for more details on Hyundai India’s plans for the next generation i20.

Read more at Second Generation Hyundai i20 Launch On 11th August 2014 | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Rest of the body looks really good, but the meek and weak looking front spoils everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom