New Hyundai i10 Road Test Review

Thanks friend. i10 indeed is a VFM and comes packed with some really good features which are new. But sadly, most of these features are present only on the top end Asta.
I10 Asta is fully loaded. But the question is will it sell like I20 Asta?
Nice review Akash, well done.[thumbsup]

And somehow I am not very sure if i10 is VFM. This is my choice also in small car segment, but IMO its costly.
You are right ..I checked its pricing in website. I would rather buy a Nissan XV or even an I20 Sportz (O) at the same price range of I10 Asta M/T !!!!

Thread Starter #21
You are right ..I checked its pricing in website. I would rather buy a Nissan XV or even an I20 Sportz (O) at the same price range of I10 Asta M/T !!!!
I agree the price tag is on a higher side. The reason for this new i10 is the new Kappa2 engine with VTVT technology. The VTVT system controls the Valve operation depending on the requirement of the engine which in turns leads to a great fuel efficiency with lower emissions.
The i10 is the only car in its segment which has got VTVT under the hood which translates to a really refined driving experience with better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
Very few know that another hatch which uses this technology too is know for being Overpriced. The Jazz. It too uses similar tech. which has led to higher price tag.
But if you see it as a whole(including the advanced engine technology), you will understand why we have given those ratings.

Nice review Akash, well done.[thumbsup]

Few points though -
- Plastic quality of old i10, i felt is excellent. Not sure in new one.
- Ride & Handling score looks to me bit more. Its bumpy in back, even at 70+ KMPH. May be Zinam can confirm.
Yes RSM Plastic quality is good even here like the old sibling. But due to its color shade, the quality doesn't reflect well.

And wrt ride & handling, Its based on the roads, if you get clean roads, ride quality will be awesome even at 130kmph. But slight pothole even makes the rear ride worser because of the soft suspension setup. Suspension setup remains the same even in new model

Nice review Akash.

Why there is red mark at 30 km/hr and 50 km/hr. Seen similar 1 red mark in
Santro too. Is it speed limit where you get maximum fuel efficiency?
Yes Sandeep, its for mileage mark & all engines loves to be within this range :)

And its the speed limit standards across our country!

Last edited:
Excellent review and photos Akash! The i10 now comes with many new cool features but sadly all comes only in the top-end Asta model and at that price tag one can very well buy an i20 or many other cars in the market.

i10 is a good car but buying a top-end model for that price doesn make sense IMO! i10 magna is the best buy IMO!

All Hyundai's have poor leg-room at the rear for tall guys , even i20 and Verna![frustration]

Also the absence of separate head-rests can be a bit uncomfortable for tall people in long journeys! When will Hyundai start considering tall people![frustration]

Thread Starter #25
Excellent review and photos Akash! The i10 now comes with many new cool features but sadly all comes only in the top-end Asta model and at that price tag one can very well buy an i20 or many other cars in the market.
Thanks Dhaya. Yes most of the new features are only there on Asta/Sports(0). But still Kappa2 engine which is a gem of all petrols in its segments compensates for the price.

All Hyundai's have poor leg-room at the rear for tall guys , even i20 and Verna![frustration]

Also the absence of separate head-rests can be a bit uncomfortable for tall people in long journeys! When will Hyundai start considering tall people![frustration]

Yeah, but honestly speaking this is the case with most of hatches. If you ask me i find only Innova comfortable for myself. I am not even fan of my Citys rear seats. Give me an Innova or let me drive is my funda[:)].

Oh yes that's the same with me , i find my Safari too really comfortable! But City? I liked the rear seat comfort and leg-room of City!

Yes the only thing that was driving the sales of the i10 till now has been its great engine!

Hyundai i10 Variants Performance

After the launch of Hyundai i10 Grand, the previous Hyundai i10 variants all seem to have undergone some changes. I am looking for the i10 1.1 L Sportz variant. Can anyone give inputs on the performance (drivability and mileage) of this car?

Top Bottom