New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #211

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I did and they made a conference call to the the GM of the dealership. He told me to come and check the files of the sales. Will go to the dealership when I get the time.

Ps : friend who bought the tuscon with me gave the car to the sc just now and this is the estimate given by them. F***** thieves.
Last time they changed all the 4 brake pads plus discs on his car 10k kms back and today they have mentioned front and rear brake overhaul work to be done which is 3k plus taxes.

IMG-20200914-WA0010.jpg

Thread Starter #215

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Went to the dealership today and within 15 minutes they told me extended warranty is mentioned in the billing[clown]
I asked them then why this dealership person told me earlier that there is no mention of the same. No reply. Didn't say much and came back.
IMG_20200914_162955.jpg

@Nairrk - that must be the case. There was another small issue with the boot opening mechanism and they told my friend it costs 25k. Have suggested my friend a good FNG and he will carry on the services there from now on.

@vishnu - to the contrary I told my friend to give him a mouthful as to why he recommended brake overhaul if full brake service was done just 10k kms back. SA removed all the things and I have attached the bill below.

@bhvm - most SC's are same. They also charge a bomb if you get wiper blades replaced from them. To change a headlight bulb hyundai charges 150rs as labor as far as I can remember, 200-300 rs to change the wipers.

Tucson's bill is attached. Removal of almost 75% of bill charges. They did charge 300rs for the battery.
IMG-20200914-WA0018~2.jpg

Last edited:
I remember, one technician guy arguing with me one for key fob battery, he said: "Maruti recommends genuine battery". I casually asked, "Is it Suzuki made?" He told, "Yes." I asked has any other cars that have come here replaced that today , he happily told look that Dzire, and I asked him to show its keys. I didn't waste even a minute, opened the keyfob, and saw "Maxwell" branded battery. You could feel the embarrassment he had on his face. End to the visit to that service center.

Maxwell- 40rs , same from service center- 300

Thread Starter #217

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I went today to the service centre once again and the advisor told me that he will contact the person who manages the warranty related stuff. It will take 2-3 days to get this sorted plus another week or more to order the exhaust part.

Thread Starter #218

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So the warranty issue is finally coming to an end. 4th year and 5th year warranty costs 20k rupees and since they gave me 4th year warranty free I am now getting the 5th year warranty in 10k which usualy costs 15k.

Meanwhile bought some products and washed the car myself after years. All the previous products were expired and I am using the expired polishes on the exterior trim.

IMG_20201010_172050.jpg
IMG_20201010_172054.jpg
IMG_20201010_171129.jpg
IMG_20201010_171001.jpg

Yet to find a good guy to paint the front grille.

Thread Starter #221

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I really don't know about the expired dash dresser but I don't want to take any chance of inhaling a expired product so why take a chance.
That's why I bought a small dash dresser this time. The tyre dresser is already expired but don't mind using it on exterior trims.

Although service centre must be using third grade polishes, 100-200rs per liter or something. I mentioned earlier in this very thread that they use same sponge plus polish on the interior and exterior. Only Ford uses 3M products.

Yet to find a good guy to paint the front grille.
Will it be better to wrap it rather than painting it?

The car's front grille might look nice when wrapped rather than painting it the another time. Wrapping the front grille doesn't wear off easily in our road conditions (my personal opinion correct me if i am wrong)

Non Expired dash dresser is also harmful if inhaled. I wouldn't mind using expired product on dash, as only thing that will be compromised would be its durability (where it lasts 2 months may last less). Also for preventing inhaling toxic fumes, I always apply dash dresser, leave the car with windows slightly open in my garage and next day it would leave off.

Top Bottom