New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #197

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The car comes with free service till 3 years so no charges for anything. Next year I willl have to pay for all the parts and labor.
They didn't replace the air filter and cabin ac filter and said they cleaned it.

I think you are being taken advantage of , changing the negine oil quanity increass the amount in the bill, a friend of mine was charged with 4 cans of Throttle body cleaner (instead of ), even though I highly doubt that they do throttle body cleaning itself.

Thread Starter #199

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Sorry for late reply. I didn't check this thread.
Even ford did the same with me once and I got a refund.

But since I am not paying for the service I don't mind whatever they mention on the bill.

4 cans of throttle body ? They just open the air filter assembly and spray it , that's it. Every sc does some shady thing whatever brand it might be.

Thread Starter #200

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Went today for a 400kms return trip for some business purpose.
Elantra performed well as expected.

Got challaned for not wearing mask in car [frustration] some say you should not wear mask in cars and some say you should. Even the police officer was sympathetic saying it should be 100rs and not 500rs. Some villagers were challaned too.

Pics attached.
IMG_20200629_210239.jpg
IMG_20200629_210217.jpg
IMG_20200629_210232.jpg

Thread Starter #203

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Came back from a three day trip to mussorie. Got all the corona reports and e pass before hand and there was no problem.

I think the elantra's silencer is leaking somewhere [frustration] under hard acceleration on the highway it felt like someone was snoring really hard. Car is always parked in the underground parking. Will get it checked.

bhvm

Honoured Member
This is a BIG issue with Hyundais. Really poor Exhaust metal quality.
My i10's Silencer pipe broke the 3rd time now (I had gotten it welded earlier) and it makes a huge racket under acceleration. Will have to change the entire pipe this time.

Thread Starter #205

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I got the car checked from the service centre. There was a leakage and I have marked the same in the photo. The advisor told me it's out of warranty so a new one will cost 40k[shock]. I told him a have 4th year warranty to which he declined. Called the dealership and they told me the same thing.
I am furious. The sales guy asured me that I have 4th year warranty as loyalty. I have even written the same thing on the very first post on my thread. I am sure I confirmed the validity with the service centre on my first and even the second service. Now they say the sales guy doesn't work here anymore and we have to check the files and that I can too. [frustration]

Have to talk to the general manager about the issue. Will update more. This dealership has caused me so many problems.
1. They didn't renew my insurance on time. Car was out of insurance for 3-4 days.
2. Didn't do alignment and charged me for the same.
3. And now this issue.

IMG_20200913_011416.jpg

It depends on your rapport with the service centre, especially with wear and tear parts, it's mostly the dealerships which take into consideration whether they can give you warranty coverage for such parts.

Thread Starter #207

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The part itself is covered in warranty but the sc said my car is out of warranty since it's more than 3 years old. I was promised 4th year warranty to which they declined.

You mean you were promised 4th-year warranty coverage or you mean this part would be covered in that warranty extension?
When did the 3rd year warranty expire?

In some cases, some parts have warranty only under the standard warranty period, not in an extended warranty, Example- Battery.

Thread Starter #209

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yes when buying the car they gave me 4th year warranty and now they are declining. 3rd year warranty lapsed in April 2020. The part is covered under warranty in normal circumstances.

Ps : battery has only 1 year warranty regardless of company's standard warranty policy which is minimum 2 years.

Top Bottom