New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #167

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Sorry to hear all mis-happenings on your car....

Recent mileage numbers on highways please..
haven't taken the car to highway since my last mussoorie trip. TBH i don't think way to mussoorie should be considered as a highway. terrible roads and the car returned mileage same as city @ 10kmpl. might go in summer months somewhere.

Thread Starter #168

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Nothing much to update. Drove the car just 400kms in the past 50 days. I tried to update the maps myself and messed up. Navigation is not working anymore. Will get it rectified from the sc.
IMG_20190306_150251.jpg

Thread Starter #169

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
3 morons caused damage to my rear bumper.
the swift guy and the motorbike caused me to stop and after a minute the third idiot drove his two wheeler into my car when i applied brakes at 30 kmph.
after the hit i was driving slowly and the guy didn't come forward to say sorry or anything. maintained his distance. sometimes i think it's better to stop and ask for damages.

maybe if they didn't came in my way my bumper would be intact[anger]
degraded quality footage
IMG_20190329_143222.jpg
IMG_20190329_143300.jpg

It hurts a little to see this on a new Car. If you use (piping) hot water and pull it with a suction cap (like in a Toilet suction plunger), the Bend will come off. I saw my FNG mechanic doing this on my Matiz's bumper long ago. You can give it a try before going to A$$.

The behavior of the 2W Driver : THAT is how MOST 2W drivers behave after hitting a Car. It doesn't matter if they are educated / God fearing / employed / well-off OR NOT. It is tough for them to accept their mistake. All i want is just a raised hand (not finger) gesture, but the Raja Maharaja cant do that [glasses]. i feel these imbeciles are NOT worth our time and effort. Best is to, secretly curse such a guy; give it all [evil]. But, i find Drivers of Mopeds to be MORE honest in this regard; they say Sorry without hesitation and you don't have heart to say anything to them.

Thread Starter #173

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Need your help. I was going through the dash camera footage of my car being serviced and I noticed that my car never reached the alignment station.
I called my service advisor to get me the copy of the alignment report since I couldn't find it in the car. I told him that he hasn't done alignment as well as tyre rotation and I specifically asked him to use the 5th tyre from the boot(unused) for the process. He said I have done the alignment plus 4 tyre rotation and I never asked him to use the spare tyre.
He sent me the report with the time stamp 2:43 and according to the dash footage it was still at the washing process. And after this it went to change of oil , horns etc.
I have told him that I have footage of the same and I demanded a CCTV grab of my car at the alignment station.

For the time being please tell me if this report is alright. I think it's fudged. This is the first time I got alignment , at 13500kms.

IMG_20190508_203602.jpg

Alignment is charged 350 outside since I didn't have time to take the car out agreed to get it done at the center to save time but now this problem cropped up. [frustration]

Thread Starter #175

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
^^ I didn't notice any pulling , got it done just because this was the very first time.
Visited the Hyundai centre again and showed the advisor the dash camera footage. Talked with GM but he just said will return the money. I politely rejected his proposal and now have escalated the issue to Hyundai.

I don't know about every service centre but this particular dealer use third party vendor for alignment and maybe that's why they didn't pay much heed to them.

Will update.

Most service centres use 3rd party centres (Reason - Extra income for the advisors)- in worser case stock alignment machines are purposefully made faulty by some advisors .
What machine was used by the alignment centre - Moving camera type or fixed camera ?
If its the former , better try in another centre , if latter , check whether the alignment changes after 1k km , if so , then the centre is not qualified. A good technician , and well calliberated machine always proves alignment precision for more than 5k km , in our road conditions , though its a well done job for 10k km

Thread Starter #177

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
They used fixed camera type machine.

So I got a call from unity Hyundai vice president Mr RS Sethi and he agreed that there has been a mistake on their end and that they want to rectify at the earliest. He assured me that they will penalise the alignment guy and want to reimburse the money to me.
I just told them to return the whole amount that I paid (around 4200 rs) to which he agreed.
After two hours a guy came , handed over the money and they get a signature from the customer that the problem is taken care of.
Another mistake by the dealer end - so the letter had a different registration number and I really was surprised by their professionalism. You are coming specially for something and they can't even do it properly.

Matter closed.

Top Bottom