New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13500 KMS: Ownership Review

@deville - plasti dip will be an expensive option. And I don't even know or heard anyone doing it in delhi.

@vishnu- 3m has a good fragnant polish so it smells really good [:)] and true what you said.
Not that expensive. Original PlastiDip is listed 2-3k per can listed on various sites, but the actual price was around 950 MRP in 2013-15 era. Should cost less than Amazon prices if sourced from the original dealers. (Costs less than $10 if someone can send it through). There is Rust-Oleum Automotive Peel Coat, which is around 800-900 per can. DIY sprayable. Mask and spray. Peel off if not satisfactory or change in mind later. Seen many other less known brands at various accessory shops.

Thread Starter #228

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@deville_56 - will look out for some dealers for the plasti dip.

The warranty , exhaust issue feel like a never ending task.
PUC got expired and it failed the test when I went Today to get it renewed.
Reason - exhaust leakage. There's no way a petrol car will fail test which is maintained properly.

It's been over a month and I paid 10k for the 5th year warranty 5 days back and they still haven't updated the warranty. When I ask the guy he just says have sent an email to HMIL. That's it.

I sent the failed pollution certificate to the guy handling the matter and clearly told him if I get challaned your service centre will have to pay the challan and if something like this indeed happen I will make sure they pay.

So the process will be something like this. First they will give me the warranty certificate , only after that they will order the part which will take god knows how much time.

IMG_20201018_105222~2.jpg

Thread Starter #229

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Took the car out after so many days, why did I [sad] a stone did this today morning.
I called windshield experts and they said it can't be repaired. Will still take the car to them and get it checked in person. Windshield change is not a problem , don't want to waste The garware sunfilm installed.
IMG_20201102_123921.jpg
IMG_20201102_123916.jpg

Warranty issue - service centre did the pollution test and gave me the passed certificate. Part is still on the way, maybe they mad le a fresh order of machines and making a new exhaust just for me[frustration] will update.

Top Bottom