New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

re: New Hyundai Elantra SX Petrol,1 year and 8400 kms

Buddy, the matte simply fires the car into the expensive performance league! Looks awesome! Maybe a little hard to clean but whatever, the looks are worth it. I've always liked the looks of the Elantra. Too bad I'm an SUV guy.
I don't mean to be sarcastic but the FE figures seem a little low to me. I'm a total zero when it comes to petrol cars so please enlighten me.
And I'm seriously dumbfounded by what you say about the thefts. Wipers, mirrors and even emblems??? Seriously?[cry] That's just so saddening.

Thread Starter #123

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Thanks Brian. We are totally opposite then. I don't like SUV's(that's why bought the Elantra after the verna) and diesel powered cars.
Diesel cars emits a lot of smoke and that's why I hate them. Even my new Figo diesel used to cover the rear with thick black smoke under hard acceleration and I have stopped doing that now just because of the smoke.

You talked about the mileage and I got the best mileage till date [lol] this time I only drove on free roads late at night.
Screenshot_20180226-161524.jpg
IMG_20180226_162210.jpg

My yearly running is around 19k kms still I prefer petrol cars.
And yes here in Delhi everything can be stolen and everything can be sold just because there are buyers.

People owning car's worth 80 lakhs can't spend 6k on side mirrors. A friend's friend bought stolen mirrors for his fluidic verna for 3k.

Last edited:

Really,i want to salute you,Mr. Allhyundaicars , as you are having great concern in regard with emissions.Having a run of 19k km,and buying a petrol.
But am sure the maintenance cost is comparatively less for diesel too,its a great decision.

I hope there is a price difference close to Rs 2.2lakhs between the petrol and Diesel variants which will also results in lesser yearly insurance premium about Rs 2k-4k of difference.

Hope fully the service cost of the petrol variant is slightly on the lower side. May be of Rs 1k to 3k depending upon the service interval.

So Considering the total ownership cost for a lakh of kms and for 5years,(in your case both may comes together) I guess there won't be much price differences between the diesel and petrol variant. May be your petrol car may come cheaper. Because, choosing the petrol elantra itself saved a couple of lakhs and simply by investing in bank that for a period of 5 years will yeild even more better value which helps in compensating the difference.

A proper calculation will helps in getting better idea about it.

Regards.,

Got the car back and the car looks stunning [:D]
Autocraft did a really good job as per my specifications.
Paid 14k for the seat covers and 5500rs for the doors.
AHC, Excellent workmanship, and the door panels look perfectly matched

Regards
Vinod

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #132

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ kenkits and nanofreak - thanks. my car variant has only two airbags so there was no problem.

@kichu - i already did my calculations when i bought the verna. i bought the figo diesel when my running increased but i really hate the smoke. my sister drives it for now.
another thing is my daily usage will reduce after some months so don't mind the petrol.

Thread Starter #133

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I was thinking of changing the horns to roots windtone. The problem is that at Hass the horn costs around 3k. You can get the same in local market for 600rs.
The only difference is that the horns from Hass comes with plug and play connectors.

Anyone knows from where I can find these horns with these connectors ?

Image source

Attachments

@kichu - i already did my calculations when i bought the verna. i bought the figo diesel when my running increased but i really hate the smoke. my sister drives it for now.
another thing is my daily usage will reduce after some months so don't mind the petrol.
That's it, you will need much higher running kms to get profit from a diesel Verna or from a diesel elantra, because the price differences between those cars with their petrol and Diesel variants are a lot. Generally around 2.5lacs+/-. So here choosing the petrol variant is more profitable with the kind of usage you are putting in to it.

Where as the cars like Figo, Swift etc can gives you lot of profit since the differences between the petrol and Diesel variants are not so high. Generally around 1.25lacs+/-.

@allhyundaicars

I have a quick question: As the new verna is built on elantra`s k2 platform, the gc for both the car is 170mm (correct me if i am wrong) so based on your previous replies on your mussorie trip you said the suspension is really good. I would like to know how is the gc for your car? does it tackle bad potholes/huge speed breakers etc without the bottom scraping (with load/without load)?

I am asking you this because i am planning to get the new verna crdi sx at but worried about the gc and as mentioned above both elantra and verna`s gc are same.
Also did installing new seat covers solve your back problem? If not, i have been using this (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01LZNSJKE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on my xcent as I was also facing this back issue but this kind of solves my problem.

awaiting your valuable reply.

Last edited:

Top Bottom