New Hyundai Elantra SX | 3rd Service Update | 13,500 Kms: Ownership Review

re: New Hyundai Elantra SX Petrol,1 year and 8400 kms

Got the car back and the car looks stunning [:D]
Autocraft did a really good job as per my specifications.
Paid 14k for the seat covers and 5500rs for the doors.
You car looks smoking hot. I love the finish of the door insert/job! On the door, has it been stitched over the OE fabric or the original was ripped off?

Thread Starter #137

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@pranav - I haven't faced any underbody scraping. The roads to mussorie at some places was terrible and it didn't scrape once.
The ground clearance is now measured with laden weight. Earlier it used to be measured without any load.
Just remember you have to come to crawling speeds to go over the speed breakers. Don't worry about the GC.

And yes the seat covers has solved my back ache issue [:D] I drove for around 120kms last week and faced no problem.

@ akash - thanks. And yes both the stock seat covers and the door insert were taken out and after that the art leather was installed.

Got the car back and the car looks stunning [:D]
Autocraft did a really good job as per my specifications.
Paid 14k for the seat covers and 5500rs for the doors.
Wow looks wonderful. Gives a new character to the vehicle. How good is the material? Hope no issues in the arm rest area of the doors on dis-colouring or cracks.

That's it, you will need much higher running kms to get profit from a diesel Verna or from a diesel elantra, because the price differences between those cars with their petrol and Diesel variants are a lot. Generally around 2.5lacs+/-. So here choosing the petrol variant is more profitable with the kind of usage you are putting in to it.

Where as the cars like Figo, Swift etc can gives you lot of profit since the differences between the petrol and Diesel variants are not so high. Generally around 1.25lacs+/-.
The main point being now petrol and diesel prices are comparable.But maintenance is not so -Diesel being tad bit higher in case of brands like Hyundai ,Maruti .
One can argue ,as diesel tends to give better FE,but i would add that all engines ,Petrol and Diesel ,have their ECU tuned to adaptive throttle inputs.

I also would add ,there are some brands like Toyota and Ford ,which exclsively primes on their diesels ,as their Petrol and diesel maintenance costs are relatively same.

Thread Starter #142

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I was thinking of changing the horns to roots windtone. The problem is that at Hass the horn costs around 3k. You can get the same in local market for 600rs.
The only difference is that the horns from Hass comes with plug and play connectors.

Anyone knows from where I can find these horns with these connectors ?

Image source
I have ordered these horns from AliExpress with two connectors and relay for 1300rs.

http://s.aliexpress.com/Qn2AjIvy?fromSns=Copy

Check the image from my manual and the product specifications.
I am confused now whether to use the relay or not.
Most probably I will end up installing these in my verna with the relay and get the creta horn from the Hass for 3000 rs. [confused]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #143

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

got the 2nd year insurance renewed from Tata Aig via the hyundai dealer for 43500rs ( premium amount on policy is 45198rs)
IDV of 1275xxx , sapphire plus plan (zero depreciation , consumables , engine and gearbox protection , tyre secure , RSA , Key replacement , loss of personal belongings , emergency transport and hotel expenses )

got a free washing coupon plus a perfume complimentary.

Thread Starter #145

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Got the car serviced @ 8400kms and 1 year.
Changed engile oil and oil filter. Air filter and cabin air filter was cleaned.
Bill of zero rupees ( services are free for 30k kms/3 years)
IMG_20180427_141702.jpg

Told him about the reverse gear issue and he said he will do clutch bleeding. Will report if there's any improvement.

The paint of the grill chipped off. High water pressure ? Or bad paint quality ?
IMG_20180427_141108.jpg
I think they didn't clean the area around battery and ecu with water but should have cleaned it with a dry cloth.
IMG_20180427_141126.jpg

Car's side profile looks awesome [:D]
IMG_20180427_141056.jpg

Last edited:
Re: New Hyundai Elantra SX Petrol,1 year and 8400 kms

got the 2nd year insurance renewed from Tata Aig via the hyundai dealer for 43500rs ( premium amount on policy is 45198rs)
IDV of 1275xxx , sapphire plus plan (zero depreciation , consumables , engine and gearbox protection , tyre secure , RSA , Key replacement , loss of personal belongings , emergency transport and hotel expenses )

got a free washing coupon plus a perfume complimentary.
Hi AHC, the premium looks a bit high. Maybe next time try out online. At IDV of 21.6 with all the above mentioned add-ons, i got the renewal done last week at 56k. NCB missing?

had ordered an automatic boot open spring from aliexpress. it's making noise while in operation. will get the refund from aliexpress after i opened a dispute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb29kJKfEsA&feature=youtu.be
Is the spring getting into contact with the hinge? The sound appears to come due to that. In the second video, there is no contact of the spring body with any of the vehicle parts. Maybe you can check by extending the spring outside.

Thread Starter #147

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i don't know how this can be [thinking] my first year insurance too was around 53500rs ( 49500rs paid) yes i have already claimed insurance once.
what's the name of your insurer ? are you certain everything is included ? i also checked with bharti axa and they were quoting 41k without 2-3 things with 12.20 lakhs IDV.

about the spring. i too thought that the hinge is creating noise but it was the spring only. there's a rod which is present to increase the spring's length , that was touching the spring from the inside thus the sound.
1758728320-608463091.jpg

i cut the rod to around 30% length( I don't even need this amount of length) and it worked [:D]
no more sound since the thing which was creating the noise is not present :P
IMG_20180430_164223.jpg

Now there's another Problem.
anyways , take a look at the chevy video i posted. the spring action is strong so the boot lid travels up and down 2-3 times in my elantra while making a loud noise. i fear it might create more problems in the long run rather than helping. what do you think ?

Last edited:
i don't know how this can be [thinking] my first year insurance too was around 53500rs ( 49500rs paid) yes i have already claimed insurance once.
what's the name of your insurer ? are you certain everything is included ? i also checked with bharti axa and they were quoting 41k without 2-3 things with 12.20 lakhs IDV.
I did it through ICICI Lombard with a 20% NCB. That reduced the premium by nearly 6.5 k. Paid 56K, Yes everything is included. Sharing the details.

Insurance.png

about the spring. ...
Now there's another Problem.
anyways , take a look at the chevy video i posted. the spring action is strong so the boot lid travels up and down 2-3 times in my elantra while making a loud noise. i fear it might create more problems in the long run rather than helping. what do you think ?
Maybe the tension in the spring can be adjusted to see that the bump up motion like happening in the Chevy video does not happen. The downside would be, the lid might not open completely. Some of the DIY items, we need to experiment to know how to do. Have not come across this modification so far.

Top Bottom