New Hyundai Creta AT Engine Ceased: Need Help

Thread Starter #1
I've bought New creta Auto Gear 3 months ago, After a water wash the car didn't start, when taken up by Showroom I was told the self motor has gone and since it's in warranty we will replace and give in 4 days and I am ok with that, now they are saying engine is seized completely and A new engine should come from Korea and I have to wait till then

What action can we take on dealership or company, paying hefty amount and now I am car less, the dealership is saying for time being they will give me a i10 petrol to use meanwhile

Please suggest me what to do how can I get the work done fast and get my car

Thanks in advance

Attachments

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I've bought New creta Auto Gear 3 months ago, After a water wash the car didn't start
Looks to be a case of hydrolocking. Was the car washed at the Hyundai ASS?
If yes,then no need to worry at all as you won't be liable for any damages whatsoever.
If no, then also,don't worry as the engine can still be repaired properly at the ASS. But here the expenses will be borne by the owner.

Last edited:
Millions of cars pressure washed daily. In extreme rains people will travel. A simple pressure wash should not cause this, it could be design fault or manufacturing defect leading to hydro lock by just pressure washing. Ask for full engine assembly not for half engine.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Everything is under warranty the Showroom saying they will replace in warranty but it's been a month it's been with them and every time I ask they keep on extending a week and again a week
How can I pressurize them to do it fast

Can I approach any consumer forum or shall I take the complaint to Hyundai head office

I've bought New creta Auto Gear 3 months ago, After a water wash the car didn't start, when taken up by Showroom I was told the self motor has gone and since it's in warranty we will replace and give in 4 days and I am ok with that, now they are saying engine is seized completely and A new engine should come from Korea and I have to wait till then

What action can we take on dealership or company, paying hefty amount and now I am car less, the dealership is saying for time being they will give me a i10 petrol to use meanwhile

Please suggest me what to do how can I get the work done fast and get my car

Thanks in advance
Can you be more specific,
Do mention your dealer details, as some in our forum could help you out
Engine type (Petrol/ Petrol Turbo/ Diesel)
Did the engine seize after short firing-up/ starting, in this case water might have entered through air intake during washing, else if dint fire up at all then, its not due to water.

Since it’s a new car, I would suggest you wait for the dealer to replace the engine to have worry free ownership and also send out a mail to Hyundai Customer Care.

Top Bottom