New Hyundai 4S Fluidic Verna 2015 Review & Pictures: Vernacular Tune

Hello everyone,

Recently I order a Verna 2016 1.4vtvt petrol.

After paying him 80% of amount, the dealer call me and said that I have to wait 15 days more than the delivery date. Since the order is not accepted by Hyundai Manufacturing plant and that model is not being manufactured by Hyundai at all. Hyundai has stopped it's production of Verna 2016 1.4 vtvt base model petrol due to issue with child parts (that's what dealer said, but i think waiting going to be around 3-4 weeks).

But he gave me another offer that he'll be able to give Verna 2016 S 1.6 vtvt at 10.00 Lakhs and will delivery it with in next 3 days guaranteed (i'll make him sign a document this time).

Since any how i'm buying a ANV and a rear camera for base variant, total difference between base and S variant will be around 1 lakh.

Is that 1 lakh more for S variant worth the price ?

Dear ANHV owners,

Can I know what is the FE one can expect from petrol ANHV in both highways as well as within City?

Warm regards
Arun

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Dear ANHV owners,

Can I know what is the FE one can expect from petrol ANHV in both highways as well as within City?

Warm regards
Arun
I get around 9-10 kmpl with 100% ac in city.

Haven't drove much on highways but it gave around 14 kmpl on my last trip. ( 2012 fluidic verna) this includes some city driving as well.

I am not finding any detailed review of petrol manual verna .

Is it a performer like diesel. Verna ?

Leaving city ivtec aside how it fares along with vento or rapid 1.6MPI ?

As a prospective buyer of verna petrol i would be glad to know it .

In vento official review its mentioned that Vento MPI is an equal competitor to IVTEC.
But there is no official review on petrol verna.

Kindly put your thoughts performance wise .

I am not finding any detailed review of petrol manual verna .
Is it a performer like diesel Verna ?

Leaving city ivtec aside how it fares along with vento or rapid 1.6MPI ?
As a prospective buyer of verna petrol i would be glad to know it .
In vento official review its mentioned that Vento MPI is an equal competitor to IVTEC.
But there is no official review on petrol verna.
Kindly put your thoughts performance wise .
I found a comprehensive review in AutoCarIndia (Link Here). I think it is their November 2017 issue. I'll pick it up today evening. I found the review to have lots of interesting data. Though one can get ALL the info by clicking (expanding) through different sections (under the link above), I thought of compiling necessary statistics here. I quote verbatim from AutoCarIndia site, on the Petrol Verna Review below:

==================START===================
Performance: The dual variable valve timing-equipped petrol engine, for one, makes the same 123hp of max power as before but now does so at 6,400rpm rather than the earlier Verna’s 6,300rpm. And where the engine developed its 155Nm of max torque at 4,200rpm in the old Verna, it makes a marginally lesser 151Nm at a later 4,850rpm in the new car. Hyundai has also enhanced the engine’s low-end pulling power to ease drivability. At 1,500rpm, the engine makes 130Nm as opposed to 121Nm in the older car.

The new Verna petrol manual is not only quicker than the old car in flat-out acceleration and through the gears, but is actually the quickest
of its peers in gears four and five, and all but matches the surprisingly brisk Maruti Ciaz in the third gear slog too.

There’s a new-found flexibility to the engine, which is a boon in town and allows you to get by driving in a higher gear without much protest from the car. And it’s not that the pleasant gearbox or the light (if slightly springy) clutch are bothersome to use either, refinement levels are also excellent at low revs so you’d just find yourself upshifting early by default. At times when you do hold on to the gear, the engine will rev cleanly to 5,000rpm, after which it takes its time to get to the 6,500rpm limiter. That Honda City VTEC-like manic top-end rush is, unfortunately, missing.

Ride & Handling: Please click the section in the link above and read.

FE: The Verna petrol manual delivered a par for the course at 9.2kpl in town and 13.5kpl on the highway. As expected, the petrol auto proved quite thirsty in town with a figure of 8.5kpl, though highway economy improved to a reasonable 12.3kpl ...

80 to 0 kph Braking: 2.28 sec, 25.90 m

0 - 100 kph Acceleration: 11.18 sec

Quarter Mile Acceleration: 17.99 sec

20-80kph (in third gear) Acceleration: 11.71 sec

40-100kph (in fourth gear) Acceleration: 15.56 sec

Verdict: ... petrol or diesel, manual or automatic, you won’t be left wanting for the way the Verna performs.
==================END===================

@ Mods: Hope I have not violated any rule by Copy-Pasting. If anything is wrong, kindly delete my post. Thanks.

Thanks vijay_968.

Here is my compilation of acceleration figures of their petrol engines(Manual)

Verna / vento

0 to 100 km/hr --- 11.18 /12.18secs
20 to 80 km/hr (3rd gear) 11.71 / 13.40
40 to 100km/hr (4th gear) 15.56 / 22.61

Top Bottom