New Hyundai 4S Fluidic Verna 2015 Review & Pictures: Vernacular Tune

My first car verna

Hello friends,

I am new to this(automotive blogs & cars).

So please guide me and help me with my car, as i am learner and its my first car to me.

I am very bad at english. Please kind to me for this. kindly try to understand my words and suggest or help me with your replies in further posts..

Below is my new verna 4s petrol (granite grey)

PicsArt_1448917232386-min.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hey congrats on your car. ask any questions you want the answers too.

first tip - if you are sure that the front is clear of any obstacle only then proceed or just reverse the car and turn accordingly or else the front bumper will have lots of scratches.

Last edited:
Hi frnd..
Glad to meet you and glad for your reply..
And you are really good person caring me..
So many replied me that "i will help you"..

You are the only person i ever saw coz you started by giving me tip1 knowing my need.proud of you and thank you..

And you can see scratch in front bumper but itz okay..got serious dent on back bumper..itz small but it is a crack and deep.
I didnt even click a photo of dent till now,tommorow i will send you clear pic and k..

You can bearly notice that dent in below pic..
_20151202_012407.JPG

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
and i am glad that i can help you [:)]

yeah i just noticed the scratch on the front bumper. bumpers are supposed to have some scratches or else people will say " you drive your car less"[lol]

yeah do upload the picture. get your bumpers fixed after 6-8 months.
which variant did you buy ? and is it a petrol or a diesel ?

tip 2 : please don't use extra dots (...) and sms language here. you seem like a nice person but this is against the rules and the moderators can/will ban you if you continue using them. even my english isn't that good so don't worry about that.

: read your car manual completely. go through every single page.

: get your car's tank full when there are only 3-4 bars left on your odometer. don't let it go to reserve everytime. there's no harm even if it goes but make it a habit. i do the same.

everytime you refill , get the tyre pressure checked.

: i don't know if you will be regular here or not but whenever you go for service just check your car manual on what things needs to be replaced.

just say no to the advisor if he says "saar let me do engine coating , car engine will shine"

don't get teflon , ac vets cleaning , supercharger or any type of fluid.
those are completely waste and unnecessary.
he will try to put fear " saar this will happen , please let me do the work" tell him to do only the things that are mentioned in the car's manual and nothing else.

your first service(2500 kms or 2.5 months whichever is earlier) will cost zero rupees because they will wash it and just check things.

in your second service (10000 kms or 1 year , whichever is earlier) you need to change just the engine oil , oil filter and air filter. labor charges will be free. make a prior appointment and they will service your car within 2 hours guaranteed.
ask for feedback form and fill it based on what your experience was.
for my car , petrol variant, service costed 1100 rupees with tax (without air filter)

in your 3rd service (20000 kms or 2 years whichever is earlier) get the same things replaced. all 3 items costed me 1500 rupees including tax.

you can check my verna thread and go through the pages if you want to and if you have any questions please ask.

Last edited:
My verna 4s is petrol and s varient.
I choose this varient because almost essential features are present in it.It is sufficient for us aswellas it is around 10lakh

and i took petrol because we wont hang on car much.we do only 50kms/month and few trips of 300kms every 6months.i thougt maintainence would be less as swift or dzire diesel and aftersales.

How much does it cost to paint whole bumper(back and front)?
And we(family) went to trip of 70kms.40km is highway.i did 120kmph.i didnt feel nervous while steering because it is my first car didnt drove skoda or vento or fiesta.that is what it is ok for me and while driving in bypass road suddenly i saw a large and deep pothole,i gave a sudden brake.heard a big thud sound and break didnt work for 5mts or 7mts later it automatically worked well after crosing 7meters from pothole.can you tell me what happend?

And i found bodyroll.it is not huge but it was there..is there any anti roll bars for verna?
I am asking because i am gonna drive in hill area in few days may be next week or later.ghat roads has alot turns,it makes passengers uncomfortable.makes sick(vomting problems) aswellas driving is scarious to me.so is there any anti roll bar?if present how much does it cost?

If i go to hill trip i will definetly gonna ask you hill driving tips and do's and do not.so you help me with that later.
Thank you.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
it's good that you bought a petrol car based on your running.

i will suggest you to get the bumper painted from a local painter. here in delhi the rates are 1500 rs / part / panel.
company will take around 3000rs to 3500rs for the same work. since you are learning it will be good to save some money since bumpers will get scratched after some time.

i never found the steering to be a problem. it works fine as it's supposed to. and your latest model have better steering response and suspension setup than my 2012 model. just don't think about it.

about the pothole , it has to do something with the ABS. it happened to me as well. after hitting the pothole the brakes didn't work because the abs was stopping the wheels from locking.
nothing you can do and will happen in every car. next time just drive more carefully.

i think verna will definitely have anti roll bars.

But i think it didnt had any antiroll bar.
As per specifications of verna,front suspension is McPherson strut with coil spring.did not mension any antiroll bar.

You can see this verna specification in below pic

But for fiesta they mention clearly in spec sheet
Screenshot_2015-12-03-14-14-47.png

So what i am trying to say is,if we add anti roll bars or sway bars to front suspension for our verna then it will be great to steer car in turns without bodyroll and back seat passanger also wont lean left or right during turns.

You can see clear picture of my car back bumper which i damaged.
_20151203_144933.JPG

While parking i didnt check my mirrors because there was swift beside me.i am watching left side towards swift thinking whether i will go hit that car..nxt second i hit my car back bumper to a pole [cry]
i didnt even hear it and felt it too.

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i just checked online and see the image. it's available easily and tsivipul too said in another thread that all cars have anti roll bars present even low end cars like alto , i10.

and the bumper looks bad but let it be for the time being. get it fixed after you have spent good time behind the wheel.

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
then don't do anything to the suspensions. believe me soft suspension is a boon for city drives. i drive my figo now a days and i can feel every pothole because of the stiffer suspesnion.

Yeah you are right,in city it is really good and in highway it is not stiff or not soft which is really good suspension.but body roll is disadvantage.if it is controlled then it will be best suited car for all roads.

Hyundai Verna SX (O) relaunched for 2016
Dual airbags offered as standard across all trims of the 2016 Verna SX and SX (O) get AVN system.

The current generation Hyundai Verna received a mid-cycle refresh last year. With this cosmetic update, Hyundai had discontinued the top-spec SX (O) trim. Now for 2016, the carmaker has made a few equipment tweaks across the line-up and has relaunched the top SX (O) trim. Here’s a look at what’s new in the 2016 Verna.

The 2016 Verna is available in four variants – Base, S, SX and the SX (O). All variants now come with standard dual airbags. The base variant gets the option of a 1.4-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engines mated to a manual gearbox. In terms of equipment, there's the addition of a cooled glovebox but it loses out on a music system.

The Verna S offers the choice of a 1.6-litre petrol and a 1.6-litre diesel engine, mated to either a six-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox. The automatic gearbox-equipped models come with 15-inch alloy wheels while manual versions come with steel wheels. A 2-DIN audio system is offered as standard. The carmaker has now discontinued the Verna S(O) trim.

The third trim, the Verna SX now comes with Audio-Video Navigation, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, front fog lamps, power folding wing mirrors, an AVN system and a shark-fin antenna. This variant is powered by the same engines as the S trim. However, it gets the option of an automatic gearbox only on the petrol-powered version.

Hyundai has relaunched the Verna SX (O) trim for 2016. It comes with side and curtain airbags, leather seats, steering, gearknob and armrests. It also gets push-button start, telescopic steering, rain-sensing wipers, push-button start, chrome door handles and a 'Supervision' instrument cluster. The engine options are the 1.6-litre petrol and diesel. Only the diesel-powered SX (O) is offered with a four-speed automatic gearbox, along with four-wheel disc brakes.

The addition of the new top-spec variant, new safety features and equipment will strengthen the Verna to compete against the likes of the Maruti Ciaz, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento. The 2016 Hyundai Verna range will hit showrooms soon.

Hyundai Verna SX (O) relaunched for 2016 | Car News | Executive saloons | Autocar India

Top Bottom