New Honda Jazz S OR New Hyundai i20 Sportz?

2012 Honda Jazz S or igen i20 Sportz

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
I am getting confused between Jazz, i20 and Swift [Petrol].

I like Swift for its look, wherein i can modify it with Swift sportz kit. But issue is with effectiveness of AC, cramp back with 3 people, no boot space for long journeys.

I like Jazz for its engine, back and boot space, AC. But fear of comparitive increase in cost of parts, ASS, Maintenance, Mileage and resale value after 4 years.

I like i20 for its feature and interiors. But not sure of good mileage, cost of parts, cost of ASS, whether earlier issue with steering and AC are resolved.

My requirements are as below :

1) I want a vehicle just to travel once in a month from bangalore to Chickmagalore (300 + 300 Kms, to and fro), twice in a month to Mysore (150 + 150 Kms, to and fro) and 100 kms. hardly in city. Once or twice in a year travel to any tourist spot in kerala or in any south indian destination

2) Considering current and future price hike, better to go for Petrol or diesel?

3) Will maintenance charge more in diesel?

4) Looking for :
a) Best leg room
b) Boot space
c) Low maintenance
d) Mileage
e) Reliability
f) Good after sales service (ASS) (bangalore)
g) Moderate vehicle parts cost
h) Comparitively less damage cost during accident
i) Good pickup with AC for 5 well built person
j) Good AC for back seaters also
k) Moderate resale value after 4 years

5) I have 3 options for petrol
a) Swift : so that i can modify with alloy wheels and give a sporty look
-ve : no boot space.
Will this be a good choice for long drive considering 5 people sitting comfortness ?
b) i20 : best features
-ve : no modification can be done to get a sporty look from back.
c) Jazz : Best leg room and boot space
-ve : Low ground clearance. Will this be a problem on Indian roads?

Comparison between i-VTec, K12 and Kappa VTVT engine performance

6) I have 3 options for diesel(didin't test any vehicle) :
a) i20
b) Polo
c) Swift
d) Figo

For me Vehicle purchasing cost is not an issue, but ASS cost will be an issue. Please guide me.

1) I want a vehicle just to travel once in a month from bangalore to Chickmagalore (300 + 300 Kms, to and fro), twice in a month to Mysore (150 + 150 Kms, to and fro) and 100 kms. hardly in city. Once or twice in a year travel to any tourist spot in kerala or in any south indian destination

2) Considering current and future price hike, better to go for Petrol or diesel?

3) Will maintenance charge more in diesel?
Considering your driving requirements, you travel more than 1300 kms in a month. Petrol is surely out of thinking. Current day diesels are not heavy on maintenance and can be used hassle free like petrol cars. In fact diesels after accent crdi are better. The earlier ones required a bit of attention to engine maintenance.

4) Looking for :
a) Best leg room
b) Boot space
c) Low maintenance
d) Mileage
e) Reliability
f) Good after sales service (ASS) (bangalore)
g) Moderate vehicle parts cost
h) Comparitively less damage cost during accident
i) Good pickup with AC for 5 well built person
j) Good AC for back seaters also
k) Moderate resale value after 4 years

6) I have 3 options for diesel(didin't test any vehicle) :
a) i20
b) Polo
c) Swift
d) Figo
For me Vehicle purchasing cost is not an issue, but ASS cost will be an issue. Please guide me.
Considering your diesel options, I am against Polo as it has a 3 cyl engine, can accomodate only 4, costly ASS.
I can suggest on the 3 other models but within TNC.
1. Go for i20 diesel; the only drawback you get is poor resale value as Hyundai may launch a new i20 in another 18 months and make this old. Check if the steering rattle issue in old i20 (reported by some owners) is corrected in the new gen i20.
2. Go for Figo; Buy 2years extended warranty. Sell once the warranty expires to save you from costly bills. You can also keep it if the current owners who crossed 4 years never complained much when your car reaches 4 years age.
3. Instead of Swift, choose the Dzire. This can completely fit all your requirements but should have patience to wait for your car. But you dont see a point to sell after 4 years if you maintained well.
These are my opinions and my choice is Dzire.

My advice will be punto, figo and vista since you will traveling and driving on highways punto and figo are great cars for long drives and vista will give you amazing comfort
....Hyundai after sales service is expensive and i20 is a expensive car to maintain do consider this fact too .

go for figo titanium, swift VDI/ZDI is a nice car but it has long waiting period. Figo Titanium is fully loaded with alloys, abs, airbags etc.

Its really nice & well build car. Diesel will keep your running cost low.

I suggest you to buy PUNTO, not because I own one, Because as per your requirement hardly you drive in CITY and PUNTO is a car which will give you good performance, control and great driving manners on Highway.

And if you are confused between petrol and diesel, I happen to come across a good article
ANALYSIS: Diesel vs Petrol

My requirements are as below :

Did I hear hardly in city?. First of all,congrats as you are lucky that you would not have to travel much in city.
The best highway car is Punto any day and if for some reason you don't wanna go for punto, polo is the next. Both are highway heroes. About petrol or diesel, I suggest you to go for diesel.
i20, swift are not best on highways, so they can be spared.

aruniyer,
Considering your monthly run its better to go for a petrol hatchback.
You have already noted down all the plus points and negatives of I20 , Swift and Honda Jazz[:)]
Regarding the effectiveness of AC in Swift , I have not felt any kind of problem with it. We have an Swift ZXi and the AC is having ACC. It cools within some 7-10 minutes in utmost heat; that too without sunfilms. The only problem faced till now was with the cooling gas which was solved after refilling.

Maruti Swift ZXi with the new petrol engine would ensure you fun while driving. But you will have to compromise on boot space. The new Swift s rear seats have improved drastically from the older generation but the cost is boot space. But all the other criterias will be satisfied.

Honda Jazz would be an ideal car considering your space requirements which will offer you plenty of space and a gem petrol engine.
Its better to opt for petrol since your wont be driving the car daily. Since your use will be always on highway you will be able to rip good mileage even if its petrol.

If you are opting for petrol then test drive Honda Jazz, Swift ZXi and the Hyundai I20

If you are opting for diesel I would suggest you to include Toyota Liva also to your list. Toyota Liva will offer you good space , Toyotas reliability + resale value

Test Drive all the cars. You select the one that is utmost comfort to your mind and your heart

Considering your monthly run Petrol fuel option is best choice and in petrol engines Honda is master (in my personal opinion), my vote goes for Honda Jazz which got the best in class legroom and boot space Honda used every inch of space intelligently in this car.

+ve: Honda badge which is quite reliable, good build quality, ample space
-ve: too much glass, higher maintenance cost compare to other two

People keep asking which is the best petrol hatch in the 6lac+ territory. And people like me never get bored replying that its the Honda Jazz. I won't justify my statement. Just take a TD & you will find out why! Moreover check your poll & overall verdict from this thread & you'll know...

Why not Ertiga with 1.4 K series Engine , price slightly higher than Jazz , with more space , Maruti reliability and low spare parts cost. Now Jazz got a competetior in space utilization

People keep asking which is the best petrol hatch in the 6lac+ territory. And people like me never get bored replying that its the Honda Jazz. I won't justify my statement. Just take a TD & you will find out why! Moreover check your poll & overall verdict from this thread & you'll know...
Dear Jazzy,
I got my Jazz XMT yesterday after 8 months wait from Capital Honda, Chennai..Your answers were very useful.
1.Spare wheel is not alloy wheel.
2.paid Rs.8150 for rear spoiler and body coloured front grill
Pl tell me if it is normal or if they have collected extra amount.
thanks

Why not Ertiga with 1.4 K series Engine , price slightly higher than Jazz , with more space , Maruti reliability and low spare parts cost. Now Jazz got a competetior in space utilization

Nithin_v did you checked his first post where he mentioned following choices for diesel:

a) i20
b) Polo
c) Swift
d) Figo

and following choices for petrol:

a) Swift
b) i20
c) Jazz

i am wondering from where Ertiga entered in the poll list [confused]

Aruniyer please confirm your requirement and check you poll list.

Meanwhile please check the comparison between Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz and Suzuki Swift below, i hope this will help in making your decision.

Comp2.JPG

Hi
That is why there is a need for the forums. Let us add one more competetive option for him. I think as long as he eliminate it from the list i think Ertiga is a good option compared to Jazz

Top Bottom