New Honda Brio SMT - Ownership Review

Hi Naveen
I get that FE with 30%AC .I get around 22kmpl on highway I strictly adhere to recommended tyre pressure I did a 1400 km trip to Western ghats my car returned 18.9 kmpl FE with minimal AC

Pic my brio showing 25kmpl

Attachments

I bought my HONDA BRIO in Nov 2012 and with 15K KM , it is giving me average of 12.4- 16.2 with AC ON 85%.
I am facing issue with 3rd Gear and everytime , when I raise this to Honda Workshops, they said it is like that only. So living with it. Any suggestion?

Hello Everyone,
My Honda Brio EX MT Aug 2014 model gives 11 Km/Ltr mileage(as per MID).
It shows 12.4 Km/Ltr through the OBD 2 device.
However i have installed a Electronic Sequential CNG Kit in my car which gives around 23 Km/Kg.
So as per 47.00 Rs/Kg CNG cost in Surat. The running cost comes to close to 2.00 Rs/Km.
Still i need my car to deliver more mileage as per the reviews mentioned on TAI.
I have heard that Brio starts to offer higher mileage once the engine has clocked more than 10,000 Kms, also the gear shifts becomes smoother.
Kindly suggest.
Regards
Car's Paradise

Welcome Harsh, onto TAI family.

Congrats on being the proud owner of this little peppy pot from Honda.

Could you run through the usage of car, and service track record?

I've been getting 13-15 kmpl (80% AC) within city limits, and 18-20 kmpl (95% AC) on the highway, since early days to date ( would be 3 years in another couple of months) and 28k kms on ODO.

The least was 11 kmpl in pretty bad traffic / broken roads, and maximum was 27.6 kmpl with 95% AC (recently achieved it on Pune-Mumbai Expressway, but overall average was around 24.5 kmpl for the 120km journey). All these were are MID readings.

Read more here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...long-term-ownership-review-10.html#post440937.

Welcome Harsh, onto TAI family.

Congrats on being the proud owner of this little peppy pot from Honda.

Could you run through the usage of car, and service track record?

I've been getting 13-15 kmpl (80% AC) within city limits, and 18-20 kmpl (95% AC) on the highway, since early days to date ( would be 3 years in another couple of months) and 28k kms on ODO.

The least was 11 kmpl in pretty bad traffic / broken roads, and maximum was 27.6 kmpl with 95% AC (recently achieved it on Pune-Mumbai Expressway, but overall average was around 24.5 kmpl for the 120km journey). All these were are MID readings.

Read more here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...long-term-ownership-review-10.html#post440937.
Many thanks breeze AKA Brio,
My normal usage is completely in city with 100% AC on. The car has clocked 6300 Kms till date. Brio is done with its second free service, so oil and oil filter has been changed once.
Thanks.
Car's Paradise

Many thanks breeze AKA Brio,
My normal usage is completely in city with 100% AC on. The car has clocked 6300 Kms till date. Brio is done with its second free service, so oil and oil filter has been changed once.
Thanks.
Car's Paradise
UPDATE:-Did a 90 Kms highway run today.
Mileage clocked after driving at 80 KPH was 16.7 KM/LTR with 100%AC.

Hi,

This is my first post in TAI, and would like to thank Sudeep as his posts made our decision easier.

My father has just taken the delivery of our New Brio VMT(Energetic Blue) from the Dealer Sundaram Honda Chennai [clap].

Me and my wife(who will be driving this car) did not goto take the delivery as the Dealer had provided some wrong information [frustration].

I will post detail pictures of the car tomorrow.

I have also fixed up an appointment with Sundar of 3M Cars Santhome Chennai tomorrow and will post details of it later.
Hi Narenkum,

I'm planning to buy a Honda brio but after a few research works on the same, I'm unable to finalise which dealer to approach. It seems the main Honda dealers in Chennai, i.e. Sundaram Honda and Capital Honda are not very customer friendly. Pls post your suggestions regarding this.

And, you have been using Brio for the past 4 years; kindly give your feedback about that too.

Thread Starter #774
Hey Guys,

Its been almost four years since I started this thread and since I got my Brio. It seems like it was yesterday!
This thread has outgrown my ability to respond, but has managed to grow in leaps and bound. Thanks to all of you for contributing.

I think all aspects of the car has been discussed in the thread and no stones have been left UN-turned. It has been really smooth sailing with my Brio, never has any niggles or issues with it. Even after four years, the car is Solid, with no rattles what soever. The car still looks like new, and I have managed to clock 27K Kms till now (I know it is pretty low, my daily commute is very less) but has been used almost every day or so.

Slowly the need for a bigger car has been creeping in... With this experience of Brio, My confidence on Honda has increased immensely, & I am looking at may be a City as a replacement. Also since the Bangalore traffic drives my nuts at times, I am looking at the CVT version. Though the prospect of getting a new car excites me, but letting Brio go makes me sad. Unfortunately I cant keep both!! [cry]...
Will keep you guys updated on how things go from here..

Cheers to all the owners of Brio in TAI!

Thread Starter #775
Time to say good bye.

Like all good things come to an end.. it was time to say good bye to my blue baby! Time had come for her to bring a smile for a new owner.

So, in the process of finalizing a new car, got my Brio evaluated in a couple of places including Honda Terrace. During the process, got to know about cars24.com from a friend who had recently sold his swift to them.

Got on to the website, booked an appointment, went to their office. They evaluated the car, took a test drive, checked all the papers and came up with a quote which was slightly better that the Honda Auto terrace guys. I told them, that I wasn't in a hurry, and that they can contact me if they can better the quote.

They did call me the next day, offered me a better price, had a couple of negotiation calls the following days and finalized on the price, which now was substantially better than the Honda guys.

Went to their office on the day of hand over with all original docs, duplicate keys etc, finished the paper works and handed them over the keys after they transferred the amount to my account. The entire process took about 2 hours.

Was feeling very nostalgic while parting with her. All the sweet memories came flashing back..
The initial when I got her in Gurgaon.. Moving to Bangalore.. Going through the re-registration process etc.. She had been by my side through my major life events, and they were all happy memories.

It was a mixed feeling, I was feeling sad even though I was moving towards getting a new car, but the thought that I was letting her go was heart breaking. Leaving you guys with a couple of parting shots.

The car has been rock solid throughout my ownership of little less than 4 years, no rattles or any issues whatsoever. I keep consoling myself that the next owner would be extremely delighted...
BTW, completely forgot.. I booked a CITY CVT and is going to come home today. I will start a new ownership thread on that.

Till then guys, cheers!

Attachments

Congratulations on your new ride. Great thread. A work of art. Tracing the life of your Brio was a good read. This underrated car deserves much more love. Good that you treated your Brio well and enjoyed a fuss free ownership before saying goodbye.

I had been toying with the idea of getting the Brio. But with Tiago now and news of cosmetic changes in the Brio coming out later this year and an entirely new generation next year, I'm still holding my breath. Haven't taken the Tiago plunge, not yet. Something is holding me back from straying away from the Brio and I can't really put my finger on it. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello guys, greetings. A small query for the ones who know their car engines. Is the same type of spark plugs used for the 1.2 litre Honda Brio and the 1.5 litre Honda City. The reason why I ask is because I find that good compañies like Bosch and Iridium are offering spark plugs online for Honda City. Whereas I find only Champion offering spark plugs online for Honda Brio and that too an offer from a single seller on Amazon.

Top Bottom